Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Three Ohio State players suspended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Three Ohio State players have been suspended for Saturday's game for accepting too much money for too little work in their summer jobs.

Last year's leading rusher, Daniel Herron, and the top returning receiver, DeVier Posey, along with offensive lineman Marcus Hall will not be permitted to play when the Buckeyes (3-2) play at No. 14 Nebraska on Saturday.

Herron and Posey had five-game suspensions -- for accepting cash and free or discounted tattoos -- extended. They were expected to be reinstated to play this week. Hall will be missing his first game.

The booster who paid the players was dissociated from the program.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...s-extended
And the drama continues. I hate OSU, so I'd be happy if they killed the program Wink
When it rains.....it pours!
isn't that 2 separate violations within the program where paying players was involved? If so, doesn't the "Death Penalty" apply?
toussaints Wrote:isn't that 2 separate violations within the program where paying players was involved? If so, doesn't the "Death Penalty" apply?

Ohio State brings in way to much money for that to happen.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Ohio State brings in way to much money for that to happen.

i know, but say it was UC or Akron. doesnt the penalty apply? i personally don't think the ncaa will ever administer the death penalty again