Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who has home field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty sure that somebody out here in BGR land has the knowledge I seek. Can anyone tell me who has the home field games throughout the playoffs? I understand that the better seeded teams have it in the first 2 games of the playoffs......so lets just use Lexington Catholic as an example for the sake of being accurate.

Lets say that Lex Cath (district 5) and Rockcastle County (district 6) are both #1 seeds in their district and they play each other in the final game of their region. Who has home field? I have been told that the winner of that region would also have home field this year so Highlands or Cov Cath would have to travel in the state semi's. True?
After first two rounds: In odd number years the odd number district get home field
the odd numbered region also has it
laker20 Wrote:After first two rounds: In odd number years the odd number district get home field
Not necessarily.

In round 3 (Regional finals) if both teams have the same seed, then you are right, the odd district hosts the game. So if both #1 seeds meet in the regional finals, the team from the odd district will host this year.

However, if two teams meet and one is a lower seed, then that team will host the game. For example if a #1 and a #3 seed meet, then the #1 seeded team will host, regardless if they are from the odd district or the even district.

In the 4th round (Semifinals) the odd region will host the even region in the odd years, and it doesn't matter what seed the teams were in their district.