Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the 2A state title?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who do u thank and y
Barring injuries, NewCath. They play a schedule that sets them up to be touch come playoff time. Nice mix of local 6A and 4A teams to toughen them up for district play, then Beechwood to tune them up for the playoffs. Beechwood is going to be a tough go for them this year, but it's just a rivalry now, not an all or nothing district game.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Barring injuries, NewCath. They play a schedule that sets them up to be touch come playoff time. Nice mix of local 6A and 4A teams to toughen them up for district play, then Beechwood to tune them up for the playoffs. Beechwood is going to be a tough go for them this year, but it's just a rivalry now, not an all or nothing district game.

Glasgow is also tough this year. But I agree, NCC should be considered the favorite.
Newport Central Catholic should take it home
owen county rebels :Thumbs:
Ncc.
NCC all the way!
newcath owen might win first round but not vey far into it
Glasgow has looked tough but I don't think a real contender to NCC has stepped up yet.
until somebody stops them on offense, im going with newcath

however, it won't be easy
I really couldn't say who will win any "tittles" until I know the bra sizes of everyone involved. :lmao:
It's the weakest division in the state BY FAR! No one in this division would have any chance to make it past the 2nd or 3rd round in a 4 Class system. Beechwood and Mayfield are several TD's better than anyone in AA and they are Single A. This division final should be played on a Tuesday morning. I'll take Lou Desales. Don't count them out. They don't play cupcake city. Their goal isn't just to creatively schedule a 15 and 0 season.
middlesboro, if they can get there act together and start playing with the football that we know they can play and if the line can step up and keep the pressure off their all american QB then i think they could have a chance at takeing 2a title but only if they can get their act together. but if they can't then newcath.
New Cath!
Wideleft01 Wrote:It's the weakest division in the state BY FAR! No one in this division would have any chance to make it past the 2nd or 3rd round in a 4 Class system. Beechwood and Mayfield are several TD's better than anyone in AA and they are Single A. This division final should be played on a Tuesday morning. I'll take Lou Desales. Don't count them out. They don't play cupcake city. Their goal isn't just to creatively schedule a 15 and 0 season.
Wow....we can always count on you to say something ignorant.......you really do have some ax to grind with NCC.......what happened did you have to play end, tackle, guard, in high school???????? Sit on the END of the bench, GUARD the water jug, and TACKLE anyone who came near it???????? Don't let your jaded feeling keep you from being honest for once... . You know as well as anyone on here that NCC is the best 2A school in the area and they play a tough schedule, just because they don't play Highlands doesn't give you the right to downgrade them. As someone else on here said, a lot of those players from lots of teams read these posts, they all work hard to get their wins and the glory that come with them, their efforts should not be disrespected by ADULTS on here.
NCC or Danville from the east and Glasgow or Owensboro Cath from the west.
bac2369 Wrote:NCC or Danville from the east and Glasgow or Owensboro Cath from the west.
May see a repeat of last year!!!
Either New Cath or O-Cath
1spiritedfan Wrote:Wow....we can always count on you to say something ignorant.......you really do have some ax to grind with NCC.......what happened did you have to play end, tackle, guard, in high school???????? Sit on the END of the bench, GUARD the water jug, and TACKLE anyone who came near it???????? Don't let your jaded feeling keep you from being honest for once... . You know as well as anyone on here that NCC is the best 2A school in the area and they play a tough schedule, just because they don't play Highlands doesn't give you the right to downgrade them. As someone else on here said, a lot of those players from lots of teams read these posts, they all work hard to get their wins and the glory that come with them, their efforts should not be disrespected by ADULTS on here.

It's an opinion board. My opinion is of this years Class AA is that it's down. Some years it could have 5 decent teams. I'm not a fan of the 6 class system. Has nothing to do with any particular team. I think it should be a 3 or 4 class system with the option of playing up. No where in my post did I mention any particular team other than answering the question of who I thought would win AA. Desales.
This thread should actually be asking, who finishes runner-up in 2A?
NCC, Glasgow or Somerset.
^
I've took Somerset out of the equation right now. Its either NCC or Owensboro Cath. Somerset may surprise come around playoff time.
Glasgow will represent the west. They are a tough senior led team who has a QB (Parker Cash I believe) that can put it right on the money. They are a small school in the wrong part of the state but when they get to BG everyone will notice this kid.
Wideleft01 Wrote:It's the weakest division in the state BY FAR! No one in this division would have any chance to make it past the 2nd or 3rd round in a 4 Class system. Beechwood and Mayfield are several TD's better than anyone in AA and they are Single A. This division final should be played on a Tuesday morning. I'll take Lou Desales. Don't count them out. They don't play cupcake city. Their goal isn't just to creatively schedule a 15 and 0 season.

i don't agree with the tone lol, but wideleft is right, this is the weakest class in kentucky. with that being said, it could be the most competitive playoff in the state. 6A will be won by trinity, 5A by bowling green or john hardin, 4A by highlands, unless they get tired of winning. 3A by Lou. Central and 1A by Beechwood or Mayfield. In 2A, you've got NCC, Ocath, Glasgow, Somerset, Desales, Cov. HC, P-burg, and Danville with legit shots at it.
Newport Catholic wins it big.
^ NCC will be in the Final Four and should make the finals. Not confident they will win it big though
New Cath.
I think 2A should be very interesting
weakest class ?? not sure
calpreps compares composite ratings to compare classes
you expect bigger schools to have a higher composite rating...makes sense
this is what it calculated (= rating and name of top school in that class)
6A 16.8 (79.5 Trinity)
5A 8.8 (52.9 John Hardin)
4A 6.3 (51.8 Highlands)
2A -3.5 (37.4 NCC)
3A -4.9 (33.6 Central)
1A -15.7 (39.0 Beechwood)

the only class that doesn't follow that logic is 2A/3A for composite
Beechwood and Mayfield are incredible programs but overall class 1A is very lopsided

NCC, Danville, Murray and Ow.Cath remain strong contenders. Glasgow is having a great season and will be a strong contender. Holy Cross just might surprise everyone. Owen County should go to 11-0 before they are really tested...who knows then. Desales, Prestonburg and Somerset could also make things interesting.

That said I think the favorite is still the 'Breds
They have only 2 offensive starters playing from last years team but have reloaded nicely.
They work hard, play as a team and are balanced.
But any given Friday the score starts 0-0...the computers crash, the helmets clash and the drama is unpredictable...good luck to all
NCC wins again!
Just for fun I used Freeman ratings and the top 2 rated teams from each district to calculate approximate odds for winning regionals, semi-finals and finals.

Team Rating 2A Rank ......Regional.......Semi-Final......Finals
Murray (16.8) #5............37.88..............15.88.........3.44
Caldwell(6.1) #14............5.57................1.25.........0.13
OwCath(23.1) #4...........55.59..............30.71........9.64
Hancock(-6.6) #22............0.94................0.08........0.003

Glasgow(24.6) #3.............67.59...............41.09......13.98
Green (9.3) #12...............9.51.................2.74........0.35
DeSales (14.3) #7..............20.20................7.78........1.43
Washington(1)#17...............2.67.................0.43........0.03

Owen (13.7)#8....................5.59................2.06........0.69
Walt.-Ver.(2.4)#16................0.91................0.16........0.02
NCC (37.4) #1....................85.25............. 69.79......56.30