Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best player you have watched this season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dvontae Neil-Chaparral high school,Arizona
Davevport-Bell Co.
Patrick Towles
Brionte Dunn- Canton GlenOak (OH) 6'1 215lb RB

it's like watching a semi weave in, out, and over traffic going 100 mph without getting much damage.
Bryant (Whitley) FB,LB
JJ Jude( Johnson) RB:Thumbs:
Haven't watched too many games outside of Whitley. So I haven't seen a ton of the great players around here, bit out of the ones I have seen.

Boston Bryant-Whitley
Kyle Bolin-Lex Cath
Hopkins for Bourbon County
Davenport -Bell Co
Cannady-KNOX

Davenport-Bell
Ryan Timmons-FC
Logan Woodside-FC
Pokey Harris hands down!! Probably the most gifted player I have seen in high school in several years!! I have seen Davenport from Bell also, IMO there is no comparrison, Harris is a big time D1 talent. Davenport is a great player, but there is a big difference between D1 talent and NAIA talent!
James Quick--Trinity
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Pokey Harris hands down!! Probably the most gifted player I have seen in high school in several years!! I have seen Davenport from Bell also, IMO there is no comparrison, Harris is a big time D1 talent. Davenport is a great player, but there is a big difference between D1 talent and NAIA talent!

Thanks for the support of Clark Co's Poky Harris. Great kid and fun to watch. If he finds a hole...he turns on the jets and is gone. Schools that are interested that I know of are: Western, UK and Eastern in football. Also alot of schools are also recuiting him in baseball.
JJ Jude- Johnson Central
For Belfry:
Josh Dixon

For the other schools:
Davion Jackson (Henry Clay, Sophomore)
Adam Crisp (Prestonsburg)

Jackson was the best for Henry Clay because he is so fast and young. Crisp, without Jamerson still annihilated the Pirates in the air.
Like others have said bryant from whitley is a beat and i too havent seen any besides who Whitley have played this year but from other teams...

Davenport Bell Co
Britt Russell Co.
Rowe Rockcastle Co.
Storm Somerset
Jeremy Harness John Hardin
Kyle Bolin- Lex Cath.
JJ Jude-Johnson Central
Matthew Robinson-Perry Central.
Patrick Towles- Highlands
Pat Towles highlands QB
Kyle Bolin Lex Cath QB
Brady Hightchew New Cath QB
Jeremy Harness John Hardin RB
Gabe Gray Cov Cath RB
Zach Hester Boyle Co LB
James Quick Trinity WR
Evan Talkers Cov Cath K
i think without a doubt it be weston little sf jr or jj jude from johnson central I havent watched or heard a lot of players out side the mountains but these 2 guys is division 1 material far as running backs
Of the games I've been in the stands at:

Nick Britt is the best I've seen. If this kid had the quality of line that some of the other big school backs have to run behind, he'd be at the 2000 mark already this year. I know I'm biased, but I personally think he's better than Whales and will end up about the same size.

Boston Bryant. One of the best power FBs I've ever seen. Not much speed, but plenty of power. He's like an SEC TE playing high school FB, and played with as much heart as any kid I've ever seen play.

Ben Lake is probably the best lineman I've seen this year. He has a nice combination of power, size, and explosiveness.

I've watched a couple of games online:

Matt Robinson is truly one of the better LB's in the state. He would be a welcome addition to anyone's program. Another kid with plenty of heart, and a natural gift of getting to the ball. He's like the kid on the court that's diving around after every loose ball....and get's his fair share.

Jeff Canady is just a great athlete. He's going to be a force to deal with in the Mts for the remainder of this year, and next. I think he and Nick Britt are two of the better Juniors in the state from an offensive standpoint.
JJ Jude
Codi Diamond
And of course Matt Robinson.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks for the support of Clark Co's Poky Harris. Great kid and fun to watch. If he finds a hole...he turns on the jets and is gone. Schools that are interested that I know of are: Western, UK and Eastern in football. Also alot of schools are also recuiting him in baseball.

He doesn't have jets...he has rocket boosters....with no leaks in the O-Rings I might add. I have watched Davenport for years and until last night he was the fastest player I had seen. Harris is faster...much faster. He has another gear he finds in open field. I never thought I would ever say that, however I question whether he has anywhere near the durability of Davenport. He clearly does not like to get hit and I saw the ball moving around quite a bit as he handled it.
drew8348 Wrote:i think without a doubt it be weston little sf jr or jj jude from johnson central I havent watched or heard a lot of players out side the mountains but these 2 guys is division 1 material far as running backs

Well, you say "without a doubt", if they are D-1 talent, the Universities would find them...Obviously, there they are lacking something to compete at the D-1 level. If you have not seen Pat Towles, you should make an effort to do so. Pat Towels is the best football player in KY. Hands down. I have seen Jude, etc., there is no comparison. If you think otherwise, you have not seen him play, or just don't know the game.
drew8348 Wrote:i think without a doubt it be weston little sf jr or jj jude from johnson central I havent watched or heard a lot of players out side the mountains but these 2 guys is division 1 material far as running backs

Well, you say "without a doubt", if they are D-1 talent, the Universities would find them...Obviously, there ithey are lacking something to compete at the D-1 level. If you have not seen Pat Towles, you should make an effort to do so. Pat Towels is the best football player in KY. Hands down. I have seen Jude, etc., there is no comparison. If you think otherwise, you have not seen him play, or just don't know the game.
Adam Wing is by far the best OB in the state!
Keyplayer Wrote:Well, you say "without a doubt", if they are D-1 talent, the Universities would find them...Obviously, there they are lacking something to compete at the D-1 level. If you have not seen Pat Towles, you should make an effort to do so. Pat Towels is the best football player in KY. Hands down. I have seen Jude, etc., there is no comparison. If you think otherwise, you have not seen him play, or just don't know the game.

Louisville Trinity has the 3 best players in Kentucky hands down. The corner back from Trinity is the best corner I've seen in Kentucky ever. The defensive end is one of the best defensive end prospects ever in Kentucky. And nothing needs to be said about James Quick. Also the best player for Highlands plays defense.
nptb17 Wrote:Louisville Trinity has the 3 best players in Kentucky hands down. The corner back from Trinity is the best corner I've seen in Kentucky ever. The defensive end is one of the best defensive end prospects ever in Kentucky. And nothing needs to be said about James Quick. Also the best player for Highlands plays defense.

None of them, from Trinity, will win Mr. Football this year in KY. While we may disagree on this, I ask, have you watched Mr Towles in a regular season game? I have seen the players you mention, I believe Towles is the best player. Ummmm, the bst player for HHS plays offense and his name is Towles. HHS has a couple of very good defensive players, who will play D-1 college football, but they are not at Towles level.
Keyplayer Wrote:None of them, from Trinity, will win Mr. Football this year in KY. While we may disagree on this, I ask, have you watched Mr Towles in a regular season game? I have seen the players you mention, I believe Towles is the best player. Ummmm, the bst player for HHS plays offense and his name is Towles. HHS has a couple of very good defensive players, who will play D-1 college football, but they are not at Towles level.
I have seen Highlands twice in the regular season. Against Dixie and against Covington Catholic. He has made a huge jump from last season as imo Pike was better than him last season but this season Towels is clearly better. You are impressed with Number that Towels is putting up against very weak competition outside of Covington Catholic. The Trinity guys are putting up their numbers against teams who would all beat Highlands. None of the kids from Trinity I mentioned are seniors so they can't win it.

Also I was in the endzone of the Covington Catholic game and Bruns made, we counted 4 touchdown saving tackles. And when he tackles, you can tell the other player feels it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4