Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County 62 - Estill County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

#5 for Bourbon is good
missed this one, congrats to BC
Congrats BC
Estill might need to reconsider what they are doing. Embarrassing loss anytime you get 50+ put on you. :igiveup:
I guess one running back can be better than three. Stats for Hopkins?
Come on Estill County!!!!!!!!! I really thought they would have a good team this year
Congrats to Johnny Poynter & the Bourbon County Colonels & Hopkins 328 yards & 7 td's another school record, hats off to Estill's #25 hard runner..
Good job BC. Looks like I'll have to eat a little blackbird on this one.
WOW!!! I didnt see this. thought Estill would surely make a game of it.
No earthly ideal what's going on with Estill. They have talent.
Congrats BC.
Congrats BC
Hopkins for Bourbon is the one that done all the scoring for the Colonels. We'd have defenders where he was gonna be at and some how he'd find his away around them. I think we tackled him in the backfield Once
I was hoping Estill Co would beat them like a drum. What's going on in Irvine Strikeout King?
we just simply couldn't stop #5
Wow! So Owen Co could stop that kid (at least long enough to get the W) but Estil County can't?

Congrats BC!
F.N.L. Wrote:No earthly ideal what's going on with Estill. They have talent.

I assume if you have talent and you are getting 50 and 60 points put on you, it falls back to the question are the kids being coached or are the inmates running the asylum.
Thrillex Wrote:I guess one running back can be better than three. Stats for Hopkins?

I wouldn't think one running back could be better than 11 defenders. WOW something is wrong in Estill County.
Ummm..:yikes:...what happened??!! Either Bourbon Co is better than Rockcastle or this was Estill's worse game of the season!! What's going on in Irvine??
Brutal Truth Wrote:I assume if you have talent and you are getting 50 and 60 points put on you, it falls back to the question are the kids being coached or are the inmates running the asylum.

Estill has a great shot to beat Western Hills and Bath.
SlantStrong Wrote:Estill has a great shot to beat Western Hills and Bath.

Really...This has been one of the most embarrassing seasons...It is beyond me how you can continue to give up 50+ points and change nothing you do...very disheartning...Estill is big and have a huge running back who is a 3 year starter, and talent at other positions as well...IDk :redboxer:
Hopkins is good but Coach Johnny Poynter is better. They should give him a lifetime contact for the job he has done instead of the grief he gets from the powers that be. Look back at their record the years before he got there!!!!
ftblfan Wrote:Wow! So Owen Co could stop that kid (at least long enough to get the W) but Estil County can't?

Congrats BC!

I am not sure Owens stopped Hopkins, he had over 300 yards. Bourbon as a team had 7 turnovers, if I remember correctly. Bourbon was up 14-0 in the first few minutes I think. That being said, hats off to Owen for causing those turnovers and getting the W.
NIECE Wrote:Really...This has been one of the most embarrassing seasons...It is beyond me how you can continue to give up 50+ points and change nothing you do...very disheartning...Estill is big and have a huge running back who is a 3 year starter, and talent at other positions as well...IDk :redboxer:

It would seem something is not going right. I have no affiliation with the program and haven't seen them play. With that being said, it is ultimately the head coaches responsibility to prepare the team. Coaches who are called "Co-ordinaters" and other assistants are only permitted to do what the head coach allows. That is the "Brutal Truth"!