Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Garrard 57 - Powell 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Garrard 57 Powell 27 FINAL
Is it Garrad???
Nice game Garrard.
[
Garrard. And wow!!! What a shocker!
Not really.They have a good team.We should play them later on.Probly will play both teams.
^ Thanks
i picked this, i guess someone stopped there running game..
Heard Garrard may have had close to 400 yds rushing.
Colley9288 Wrote:Garrard. And wow!!! What a shocker!

Not really a shocker. Powell finally played a good football team.
Congrats Garrard
Brutal Truth Wrote:Not really a shocker. Powell finally played a good football team.

Considering Powell has been scheduled as practically EVERYONE'S Homecoming game for the past decade, I think it says a lot about how far they've come. They are playing the same teams they have always played. They have just found a way to win now. Congrats to Garrard. Anyone have any stats?
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Considering Powell has been scheduled as practically EVERYONE'S Homecoming game for the past decade, I think it says a lot about how far they've come. They are playing the same teams they have always played. They have just found a way to win now. Congrats to Garrard. Anyone have any stats?

I definately agree Powell is much improved, however Garrard is just at another level.
Powell beat a very good Pike Central win.
Congrats to Coach Mark Scenters and his boys!
O.K. I didn't see this coming, wow. Congrats Garrard, nicely played.
Hats off to Garrad. They played awesome both sides of the ball and #1 is a force to be reckoned with. But I dont know what Powell did with their defense i dont think it ever got off the bus. 27 points should be enough to win any ballgame if your defense does their job. So Powell u need to find your defense and get ready for this week. Again congrats to a GOOD Garrad Co team!
9/30/2011
Garrard Co. 57 Powell Co. 27

Powell Co. 7 6 14 0 27
Garrard Co. 14 8 21 14 57
Scoring summary:
P--Derek Taulbee 2 run (Spencer kick); G--Tyler McCoy 28 pass Billy Abney (Caudill kick); G--Markell Hayes 87 run (Caudill kick); G--McCoy 18 run (Caudill run); P--Daniel Jones 5 run (pass failed); G--McCoy 72 kickoff return (Caudill kick); G--Cory Wilson 8 run (Wilson run); P--Devon Sparks 50 fumble return (run failed); G--Wilson 5 run (Caudill kick); P--Taulbee 4 run (Cox run); G--Hayes 5 run (Hayes run); G--Hayes 12 run (kick failed).
Records: Garrard Co. 5-1, Powell Co. 5-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1ZX5QYAFS
Big win for Garrard. With the exception of a few big plays, Garrard shut down the belly. Garrard had the far superior running game. Hats off to Powell, they are a class act. They played hard and played clean....especially when the score got out of hand and things have a tendency to get chippy.

Garrard County is for real!