Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holy Cross 53, Newport 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
congrats to HC
Which HC?
^ Covington

Kyle Fuller continues to roll for HC
Senior quarterback Kyle Fuller went 12-for-20 for 225 yards and four touchdowns to lead Holy Cross - ranked No. 9 in the Northern Kentucky Enquirer coaches’ poll - to the blowout win on the Indians; senior night. He also ran the ball 12 times for 107 yards and one touchdown.
Senior wide receiver Justin Kohake also had a big game, catching five balls for 101 yards and two touchdowns.

Senior linebacker Adam Kozerski added an interception for a touchdown for the Holy Cross defense

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...text|MLB|p
^ Pretty nice night for Kyle
He does a great job week in and week out. He's getting over shadowed by some of the bigger named QB's in northern kentucky but for an overall on the field performer he can do it all
^ Yes he has. I think he's fine with that though. I've talked to him a few times this year and he's fine with his own performance. He's a stud on the diamond, and that's where he will be playing in college
It should be noted that the HC defense is playing very well lately. The score was 34-0 at the half and HC had held Newport to 12 total yards of offense to that point.
Last year I thought Holy Cross was the best 2A team that NCC faced. This year after watching Holy Cross they might be the best 2A team they will face this year. I know they lost alot of respect after the Beechwood game, but that game wasn't as bad as the score said they could've been up at half instead just down by 1. Congrats HC on the win.
good job fellow crossbacks!!!

not that it really matters, but that win officially puts HC into the playoffs :redboxer:
nkypete Wrote:It should be noted that the HC defense is playing very well lately. The score was 34-0 at the half and HC had held Newport to 12 total yards of offense to that point.

Wow, that is impressive. Give us some names on the defense.
Nice win.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, that is impressive. Give us some names on the defense.

A lot of the names you would already recognize from being two way players - Walker, Kohake, Fuller, and Kozerski. Senior LB Paul Lampone leads the team in tackles. Senior LB James Trunnell and junior DL Kyle Fischer are high on that list too. Senior DL Marcel Paul had another fumble recovery last night. The additions to the HC defensive coaching have been very helpful. The defense needs to avoid major breakdowns like they had in the Conner and Beechwood games. They have held opponents to under 15 points in their 5 wins. Defense wins football games - “The game is never lost if the opposition fails to score.”