Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 20 Boyle County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Sounded like a great game.
congrats to LC
LC's D really that good? I think there were some questions before the game on how well LC's D was
^
Not taking anything away from LC, but Boyles offense has struggled all season. I called Lex Cath in this one.

Congrats Knights.
Fair, but I don't think some Rebel fans were giving the Knights D enough credit. Whether LC's D is good or not, they were good enough tonight.
Was a great game. Lex-Cath's D-backs had several interceptions in their hands and dropped them, and that kept the game as close at it was IMHO.
Stardust Wrote:LC's D really that good? I think there were some questions before the game on how well LC's D was

We scored 27 on them with one turnover inside the 10 and time expired on us on the 8 yard line. Cath is pretty good.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Was a great game. Lex-Cath's D-backs had several interceptions in their hands and dropped them, and that kept the game as close at it was IMHO.

First of all congrats to LC on a hard fought win Bolin was able to connect on 2 long pass plays,and that was the difference in the game tonight.Boyle dropped at least 3 interceptions tonight that i saw.LC dropped 1 that i saw this game was very even.if you take away Bolins last TD pass of 77 yds Boyle would have had the edge in total yds.LC had 140 yds on 2 pass plays in this game.It was a tough one to lose.
Jack Lambert Wrote:First of all congrats to LC on a hard fought win Bolin was able to connect on 2 long pass plays,and that was the difference in the game tonight.Boyle dropped at least 3 interceptions tonight that i saw.LC dropped 1 that i saw this game was very even.if you take away Bolins last TD pass of 77 yds Boyle would have had the edge in total yds.LC had 140 yds on 2 pass plays in this game.It was a tough one to lose.

I agree. Boyle did control the game especially the 2nd half. It seemed like they had the ball the entire 3rd quarter.
What a game
Congrats Lex Cath
Congrats to Lex Cath.
Not to take away from Lexington Catholics defense but Boyle County's offense has a LONG way to go. Lot's of over thrown balls to receivers. Lot's of missed blocks. Miscommunication. We are midway through the season so it's time to get it together. There is still plenty of time to work on things before playoff time. Keep working hard guys. Great game by the way. I think we'll see a Lexington Catholic, part two.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree. Boyle did control the game especially the 2nd half. It seemed like they had the ball the entire 3rd quarter.

I would have to say that when Lex Cath took a 10-0 lead early in the first half, Catholic dropped 2 interceptions inside Boyle's 25, that it was Lex Cath's game to put away. But this was naught to happen and instead of jumping up 3 scores Catholic allowed Boyle to score and end the half 13-6. Everybody sees what they want to and I saw it with Lex Cath controling the game all but the 3rd. qtr.
LexCath D gets the stops at the end of the game with the shadow of their own goal post on their backs - twice.

A lot like at Bell County.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Not to take away from Lexington Catholics defense but Boyle County's offense has a LONG way to go. Lot's of over thrown balls to receivers. Lot's of missed blocks. Miscommunication. We are midway through the season so it's time to get it together. There is still plenty of time to work on things before playoff time. Keep working hard guys. Great game by the way. I think we'll see a Lexington Catholic, part two.

I agree our offense is still struggleing big time.Casey whittle missed alot of open recievers last night,and our o-line is still not blocking well.Boyle's defense is the best part of the team at this point.they held LC to 23 yds rushing last night.I think our defense is good enough to play with any team in 4a ,but if the offense dosen't catch up Boyle won't go very far in the playoffs.
Anyone have Bowlin's stats?:eyeroll:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Anyone have Bowlin's stats?:eyeroll:

23 out of 38, 369 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Lexington Catholic 20 Boyle Co. 13
Lexington Catholic 7 6 0 7 20
Boyle Co. 0 6 7 0 13
Scoring summary:
LC--Kyle Bolin 6 run (Jake Pumphrey kick). LC--Pumphrey 32 field goal. BC--Steven Talbott 9 pass from Casey Whittle (kick blocked). LC--Pumphrey 32 field goal. BC--Jesse Mattingly 3 run (Will Harris). LC--Casey Nash 77 pass from Bolin (Pumphrey kick).
Records: Lexington Catholic 6-1, Boyle Co. 4-3.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1ZX2ncXuv
DANVILLE — Kyle Bolin has never thrown a prettier pass, Casey Nash has never made a bigger catch, and Lexington Catholic hasn't enjoyed a sweeter victory in years.

That was the bottom line on the Knights' 20-13 victory over two-time defending Class 4A champion Boyle County on Friday night.

It was Lexington Catholic's first victory over the Rebels since 2007. Boyle County beat the Knights six times in a row after that, including playoff victories the past three years.

Lexington Catholic finally walked off the field winners again, thanks in part to a play the Knights call "Popeye."

The score was tied 13-13 with just over 5 minutes left when Bolin, a junior quarterback, dropped back from his own 23-yard line and fired a strike to Nash, a junior receiver, streaking down the left sideline.

Nash caught the ball in full gallop around the Boyle County 40 and raced untouched to the end zone for a 77-yard touchdown.

"Casey's got a lot of speed, but I kind of worried I'd overthrown him," Bolin said. "But then I saw him grab it out of the air and he was gone."

Nash credited "a great throw" and a "great hold-up by the offensive line" for making his heroics possible.

Coach Bill Letton called it "a spot-on perfect pass.

"Kyle wanted it the play before, but we got to it on third down," Letton said with a smile.

There were smiles all around Lexington Catholic's post-game gathering as the Knights earned home-field advantage if they meet Boyle County in the playoffs again.

"Oh, man, we've been thinking about this all year," Nash said. "One of our main goals every year is to beat Boyle County because they're a great team. But we showed if we put things together, we can play with anybody in the state."

Bolin, who committed to Louisville last week, completed 23 of 38 passes for 369 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. His main targets were Adam Bush (11 catches, 115 yards), Nash (five catches, 186 yards) and David Bouvier (six catches, 67 yards).

The Knights needed them all because their running game generated only 22 yards.

Lexington Catholic led 13-6 at halftime on Bolin's 6-yard TD run and a pair of 32-yard field goals by Jake Pumphrey.

The Rebels' score came on Casey Whittle's 9-yard TD pass to Steven Talbott. Josh Mesmer blocked the extra point, snapping Will Harris' string of 107 consecutive conversions.

Boyle County caught up midway through the third quarter. A 31-yard pass from Whittle to Talbott led to Jesse Mattingly's 3-yard TD run.

Coach Larry French's Rebels looked like they were grinding toward a go-ahead score when they put together a 10-minute, 22-play drive that carried them to the Lexington Catholic 15. But on the 22nd snap, Harris missed a 33-yard field goal.

Lexington Catholic then took over and called on "Popeye" to take the lead.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/01/19037...z1ZX37dOkK
The Region is MUCH more wide open than I thought! Rock, Russell, Knox, Boyle and Lex Cath all have a chance to win it. For the first time in a long time, there is not a Bell or Boyle DOMINATING everyone. It will be great to watch as it unfolds.
I think LC still is the leader in the Region with Boyle 2nd. I would have Rock 3rd with some distance from 1 and 2.

Congrats to LC on the WIN!!
^I agree but my point is that the gap has considerably closed this season. No longer are teams putting the regional title game on their calenders before the season starts, if they are, they are just over-confident, lol
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree our offense is still struggleing big time.Casey whittle missed alot of open recievers last night,and our o-line is still not blocking well.Boyle's defense is the best part of the team at this point.they held LC to 23 yds rushing last night.I think our defense is good enough to play with any team in 4a ,but if the offense dosen't catch up Boyle won't go very far in the playoffs.

Seems like there were several dropped passes too. All fixable things. The guys have got to see this on film and work hard to fix them.
Congrats lex cath.Boyles offense just not getting it done.
TopCat Wrote:I think LC still is the leader in the Region with Boyle 2nd. I would have Rock 3rd with some distance from 1 and 2.

Congrats to LC on the WIN!!

I don't think that distance is all that great, and the playoffs could just as easily see a rematch of another game that took place on 9/30 in Mt. Vernon. The gap is definitely closing as the year progresses.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Seems like there were several dropped passes too. All fixable things. The guys have got to see this on film and work hard to fix them.

Yes there was some dropped passes,and i don't like Masons play calling either i don't think he gives his offense a chance to get into a rythm.he either runs 20 plays out of the bone or he passes the ball 10 or 15 plays in a row.I agree the problems are fixable,but if they want to go very far in the playoffs they better get to fixin.
Congrats to the Knights.