Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 29 Russell County 27 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Rockcastle has 6 turnovers and improves to 7 - 0 overall and 1-0 in district play.
gr8 game, congrats to Rock
Congratulations Rockcastle!
BHS, we are starting to get a lot of duplicates
Wow, a real nailbiter for sure...congrats Rock!
Wow, sounds like it was a great game.
Congrats Rockcastle. Keep your head up Russell.
Thought Rockastle might get them at home, another signature win for the Rockets.
Congrats Rock
What a game
Wow, talk about one ugly, nailbiting, slug fest. This game was Rock's from the first drive, but the Laker's continued to fight back only to make way too many mistakes. Had a chance to win the game with a 53 yard FG attempt only to have it blocked.

In OT, Rock went first and scored on the first play then converted the 2-point conversion (guttsey call, and great tactics). Russell scored on 3rd down only to fail the 2-point to force double overtime.

Rock's line was the real deciding factor in the game. They dominated on both sides of the ball on almost every play.

Congrats Rock......let's get a rematch in the playoffs.
Stardust Wrote:BHS, we are starting to get a lot of duplicates
My fault on this one. His was posted first.
After watching Russell Co last week I figured the Rock would win but it was closer than I anticipated. This will probably be a good thing for Russell Co. They are young and need to learn how to come out of the gate ready to play or the coaches need to figure out how to get them ready. I pretty sure there was a hold or two that was not called in this game! Did it make a difference?
Figured this would be a hell of a game.

Congrats Rockcastle!
I wish I could have been at this game. It seemed like a heck of a ballgame.
Jeez....what a game. I've got no voice left and barely a pulse. Rock laid the ball out for seven turnovers is what I heard. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many times, which should have cost them the game, but, the defense stepped it up and kept them in the game. BB Bradley was the man running the ball late. He scored that last touchdown in overtime and the two point conversion. He was the one that scored some big touchdowns at Perry County last week.
Way too battle thru the turnover too get the win! Congratz Rock!!
I figured Rock would win by a bit more, but same ending nonetheless. Congrats boys.
laker20 Wrote:Wow, talk about one ugly, nailbiting, slug fest. This game was Rock's from the first drive, but the Laker's continued to fight back only to make way too many mistakes. Had a chance to win the game with a 53 yard FG attempt only to have it blocked.

In OT, Rock went first and scored on the first play then converted the 2-point conversion (guttsey call, and great tactics). Russell scored on 3rd down only to fail the 2-point to force double overtime.

Rock's line was the real deciding factor in the game. They dominated on both sides of the ball on almost every play.

Congrats Rock......let's get a rematch in the playoffs.

Didnt i tell you to listen to me?
I said Rock by 2 in OT and what happens?
I think i deserve some props.
I said it would be the game of the year lol
zebra'seyes Wrote:After watching Russell Co last week I figured the Rock would win but it was closer than I anticipated. This will probably be a good thing for Russell Co. They are young and need to learn how to come out of the gate ready to play or the coaches need to figure out how to get them ready. I pretty sure there was a hold or two that was not called in this game! Did it make a difference?

Just let it go man, go to the Somerset thread if you wanna start something about the refs. This was a great game that showed the dominence of Rocks line against a scrappy Russell Co. team that kept finding ways to stay in the game. Excellent game to watch and well played by the player.This was a FOOTBALL GAME.......EXCITING!
Sounds like a heck of a game. Congrats Rock! Keep your heads up Russell County!
congrats Rock on big win.
Rock dominated the line and we never changed up the offense enough to force them out of the constant blitzing. I think the difference in this game turned out to be Rock's line and our mental breakdowns by the coaching staff and the players. By being so aggressive, Rock was leaving us some options to throw the ball on slants and swing passes and we just didn't do enough of it to get them out of the blitz game. Both teams forced several turnovers and a good part of this game was played between the 40s.

As far as our mental breakdowns, there were 5 or 6 times that we only had 10 men on the field, starting with our first offensive play from scrimmage, then had to call a TO on the 2nd play just to get the 11th guy in. We also had Rock in a 4th and long from our 45 and they threw it down the left side to the five....our QB was playing corner and had position and caught the ball instead of knocking it down. It was better than any punt they had all night.

We had opportunities to steal this game, and just never capitalized. Rock's players and coaches stepped up and made the plays to win this game......Congrats.
How many turnovers did each team have?
Just got to a computer but last nights Rockcastle Co. vs. Russell Co. game was AWESOME! Could not have dreamed it up any better. I wanted a close overtime game, and it certainly was.

BTW- Russell County fans, I am very proud, you travel very well.

Rock's line was, again, fantastic. If I remember correctly wasn't there one possession that Russell Co. forced a turnover at the Rock 30-something, then Rock backed them up for a 4th and 39? WOW!

Surely to goodness Clarke Rowe will be back for the next game! In case you didn't know Rock won, again, without Clarke Rowe.

Also, have to give a shout-out to Zach Reams (#24) he had a certain drop that he turned into a huge catch. If I counted right in my head he had 100 yards receiving. Who was the last player to have 100 receiving yards for Rock? Shawn Childress? Josh Hale?
colonel4life Wrote:How many turnovers did each team have?

WAY too many. I think Rock had 6 or 7 and Russell had very few. At least not many fumbles.
colonel4life Wrote:How many turnovers did each team have?

I lost count...I think Rock threw 3-4 interceptions and 3 fumbles, We had perhaps 3 fumbles. Rocks Defense showed up before the game even started, ours showed up in the 2nd quarter, and from that point on it was a whale of a game. Physical, scrappy, and ugly...They won the physical, we won the scrappy, and they made the right call on the 2-point conversion knowing that they had dominated the line and if we scored it would be hard for us to punch it in on the run. We made the plays to stay in the game, just couldn't make the one to get the lead and make them play from behind.
Congrats Rock!
LWC Wrote:Just got to a computer but last nights Rockcastle Co. vs. Russell Co. game was AWESOME! Could not have dreamed it up any better. I wanted a close overtime game, and it certainly was.

BTW- Russell County fans, I am very proud, you travel very well.

Rock's line was, again, fantastic. If I remember correctly wasn't there one possession that Russell Co. forced a turnover at the Rock 30-something, then Rock backed them up for a 4th and 39? WOW!

Surely to goodness Clarke Rowe will be back for the next game! In case you didn't know Rock won, again, without Clarke Rowe.

Also, have to give a shout-out to Zach Reams (#24) he had a certain drop that he turned into a huge catch. If I counted right in my head he had 100 yards receiving. Who was the last player to have 100 receiving yards for Rock? Shawn Childress? Josh Hale?

Rock's line was fantastic, but we backed ourselves up with a hold and a false start on that one...then on 2nd and 42 we ran two consecutive running plays and I don't think we had gained 42 yards on the ground the entire night.

In all reality, had we only fixed a couple of fundamental problems we could have won this game, and it would have been downright thievery because we had been outplayed.
congrats rock!
Pages: 1 2