Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Belfry 10/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
gapman Wrote:Last year JCHS beat Belfry 43 to 7 guess what the Belfry fans I know said? They said " you guys got a dam good team" or "it was good for us to play a great team like that it will help us in the playoffs" none of them said anything about the score. On the other-hand when JCHS beat Ashland it was "we were cheated" or "he just ran onto the field before the play was over no big deal" or " that last TD was a cheap shot" or "your Coach is a jerk" cry me a river! OR "THE KICK WAS GOOD AND THE WHOLE STADIUM COULD SEE IT" ( there I fixed that for you:biggrinSmile It has got so bad against JCHS that having the refs in your pocket is not enough to win, this year Ashland invested in the KHSAA and made sure there veteran team gets back to back home games vs JCHS. It most be nice to play your district rival at home 2 years in a row but you still got to play the game! Looks like we have to get lucky again but Belfry will not need luck there just a better coached team!

You're right, it is real nice to get to play at home again this year.[/QUOTE]

Here is a perfect example of how Ashland fans are, they have lost 7 in a row to JCHS and are still bragging about the one they lucked out and won.
lunaticfringe Wrote:[quote=BoondockSaint]

I am from Belfry and have lived in Ashland over the last ten years. I see a dying city just trying to hang on to bragging rights, but yet a dying city. A shcool rich in tradition but not a household name in High School football. Belfry's resume has been leaps and bounds over Ashland's the last several years.

Ashland is talented but will falter as usual.

Belfry 28
Ashland 17

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Too bad we can't play in a watered down class AAA. Belfry has two wins against Ashland so what do you mean by the falter as usual comment?
honestjchsfan Wrote:You're right, it is real nice to get to play at home again this year.

Here is a perfect example of how Ashland fans are, they have lost 7 in a row to JCHS and are still bragging about the one they lucked out and won.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just pipe down and go finish the rest of your mountain dew. Your eagles will get their chance in three weeks and I cant wait!
Belfry0304 Wrote:By no means does it matter, I really am hung and have no clue who will win this game. I know who I want to win though, lol.
I'm not sure what that has to do with this game but let me be the first to say congratulations dude.

If I were you I'd find a way to work that into conversations too. :biggrin:
I like the Tomcats in this one....24-22
gapman Wrote:Aren't you the genius that posted this gem?

"Oh......you silly tomcat fans. Ironton is better this year than they were last year. Not to mention their best back will be back to play against the cats. You are right they struggled with russell just like they did last year but, they won't struggle with Ashland. I've seen both play and Ironton is much more impressive than ashland. One thing going against Ironton is the fact that thier starters have only played 1 4quarter game the entire season so far. The only thing that will keep Ashland in this game will be thier referees."

All Ashland did in that game was knock the ball loose 5 times and recovered 4 of them, the Cats had the 5th one too but it was ruled down by contact. The final score Ashland 28 Ironton 6. DB's let up on the only TD Ironton got because the QB looked to be sacked yet again, by a D line that lived in Ironton's backfield that night. You were right about Ironton being good this year-again. Just wrong about Ashland.

Somebody on here said that GW's Switzer got D1 offers, both of their LB's are D1 Caliber w/offers to Penn State and WVU. In all they've got about 5 D1's with offers and team speed wise they are about as fast as I've seen. As Hart said, when a team has to run between 12 to 18 plays to score a lot of things can (and did) go wrong. (speaking of Ironton there)

Now don't get mad at me RAMBAIT, it's all in good fun. BTW, the same refs that call at Ramland and Russell wind up working at Putnam too. Never could understand where you guys come up with that stuff.
Yes I am the one that posted that gem. and i still stand by it. If Ironton doesn't fumble 4 times they win. ironton tribune headline was spot on. "Tigers gift wrap win for Ashland."
RAMBAIT Wrote:Yes I am the one that posted that gem. and i still stand by it. If Ironton doesn't fumble 4 times they win. ironton tribune headline was spot on. "Tigers gift wrap win for Ashland."

If if if if. If ifs an buts were candy an nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.
Rambaiter you are just so dang picky! Ironton heard footsteps Of that Tomcat D all night long an so did those little SHEEP you all like to call rams.Confusednicker:
Belfry0304 Wrote:By no means does it matter, I really am hung and have no clue who will win this game. I know who I want to win though, lol.

BLAZING SADDLES

[Bart returns unexpectedly after being sentenced to death]
Charlie: They said you was hung.
Bart: And they was right.
Massey ratings (FWIW) has it Ashland 35 Belfry 28
Ashland won't be able to stop the stable of horses that Belfry will run at them. I do think that the passing of Ashland will cause a little trouble early in the game but Belfry has proven it can stop a decent passing team. The game will be won in the trenches. Belfry will be to much for the Tomcats this year. 34-12
Ashland has played the best that West Virginia has to offer. With more speed then the tomcats and ranked #1 and 2 depending on the week. The tomcats held them to 18 points. Losing 14-18. The tomcats blew chances to win it. Then they have played good power running teams in Russell and Ironton. Winning both games by double figures. The bad thing about this game is the long bus ride. Belfry has a nice team. Always does. But a not so good Lex. Henry Clay scored 21 on them and a ok Prestonsburg scored 30. With the Tomcats averaging 37.5ppg. with the schedule they have played. I don't think that Belfry will be able to slow them down enough to beat the tomcats. Should be a great game though. Both have great coaching staffs. Tomcats +6. 30-24.
both teams have GREAT tradition and coaches. I look for a very close game coming to CAM is environment and atmosphere like no other. I don't believe that Belfry o is as one denominational as people think. there secondary is improving each week and Haywood will have a mission. I say Belfry in a defensive struggle 21-17.TongueirateSho
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Ashland has played the best that West Virginia has to offer. With more speed then the tomcats and ranked #1 and 2 depending on the week. The tomcats held them to 18 points. Losing 14-18. The tomcats blew chances to win it. Then they have played good power running teams in Russell and Ironton. Winning both games by double figures. The bad thing about this game is the long bus ride. Belfry has a nice team. Always does. But a not so good Lex. Henry Clay scored 21 on them and a ok Prestonsburg scored 30. With the Tomcats averaging 37.5ppg. with the schedule they have played. I don't think that Belfry will be able to slow them down enough to beat the tomcats. Should be a great game though. Both have great coaching staffs. Tomcats +6. 30-24.

Henry Clay (who despite their record IMO is better than anyone Ashland has played save Ironton and GW) scored 21, but was unable to sustain a drive. The Jackson kid had 3 long TD runs, outside of those 3 plays Belfry's defense thwarted the Devils. Pburg had a ton of success throwing the ball on Belfry, but had very little success on the ground. The Pburg score is a bit misleading as well since they now have 3 losses. Belfry went on the road and played Pburg when they were playing their best ball so far this season and put nearly 600 yards of offense on the Blackcats.

Comparing teams from previous seasons is never a wise practice, but for argument sake keep in mind this is basically the same Belfry team who smoked Russell 42-14 last year in the playoffs.

The GW loss was a "good loss" and it is true that Ashland went toe to toe with the best the Mountain State has to offer. With that said, the best in WV doesn't translate well to being the best in KY. I can handpick at least ten teams, if not a handful more, I would feel comfortable to say would beat GW by 2 TD's. (Trinity, Manual, St. X, Central, Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, John Hardin, Bowling Green, Bell County for starters)
Belfry0304 Wrote:Also, I know nothing of Ashland's opponents quality, but I wouldn't go by "D1 halfbacks" and stuff, cause Zeke Pike is Elite 11 and has only won 2 games this year.

Well you guys in belfry know all about ironton and russell and how tough those teams always play an GW beat the no 3 team in wv 60-7 a week before the cats held them to 18 points. They were the number one team at that time and assume they still are
Buc-a-roo Wrote:.
I'm not sure what that has to do with this game but let me be the first to say congratulations dude.

If I were you I'd find a way to work that into conversations too. :biggrin:

Holy shit I spit Dr. Pepper everywhere when I read that. Hahahahahahahahhahahaa.
This is agood chance for the pirates to show the state how good they really are. I believe they will. Belfry 41 ashland 21. Pirates will gain 400 on the ground.
Ashland clearly has more talent but alot of people on here don't fully realise how good of a coach Haywood is. If the dive is getting three yards a carry they will literally run it till the other team stops and from what I have seen in the past from ashland, They really do not like it one damn bit, but they can't stop it. JCHS has beat ashland 7 or so years in a row (The FG was good and hell I hate Johnson Central) by running the ball at them. When these teams score, and they will score the difference in how they score will be the difference in the game. Ashland will score on quick drives because running the ball on a running team like belfry probably isn't a good idea. They will throw. Now otoh Belfry will run it at them then run some more and finish off the drive by (you guessed it) running the football. If belfry runs succesfully you cannot discount the psychological affect that will have on ashland because playing against a team like belfry sucks. Now the ashland fans say they will hit belfry, The problem is if ik Phillip Haywoods running backs they love laying the wood to anyone trying to tackle them and on defense they will go for kill shots. The other thing ashland fans are killing me with is that ashland will find a weakness Belfry doesn't know they have. Trust Haywood knows his team and knows their weaknesses and he will make sure ashland doesn't get the chance to exploit them. Belfry won't need to exploit weaknesses however and will run it right into the teeth of ashlands D.

All in all I see this one as a 35-28 win for the pirates and im gonna try my best to get up there to watch it. It should be a dandy.
Confusednicker:
MADJACK75 Wrote:This is agood chance for the pirates to show the state how good they really are. I believe they will. Belfry 41 ashland 21. Pirates will gain 400 on the ground.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Ashland clearly has more talent but alot of people on here don't fully realise how good of a coach Haywood is. If the dive is getting three yards a carry they will literally run it till the other team stops and from what I have seen in the past from ashland, They really do not like it one damn bit, but they can't stop it. JCHS has beat ashland 7 or so years in a row (The FG was good and hell I hate Johnson Central) by running the ball at them. When these teams score, and they will score the difference in how they score will be the difference in the game. Ashland will score on quick drives because running the ball on a running team like belfry probably isn't a good idea. They will throw. Now otoh Belfry will run it at them then run some more and finish off the drive by (you guessed it) running the football. If belfry runs succesfully you cannot discount the psychological affect that will have on ashland because playing against a team like belfry sucks. Now the ashland fans say they will hit belfry, The problem is if ik Phillip Haywoods running backs they love laying the wood to anyone trying to tackle them and on defense they will go for kill shots. The other thing ashland fans are killing me with is that ashland will find a weakness Belfry doesn't know they have. Trust Haywood knows his team and knows their weaknesses and he will make sure ashland doesn't get the chance to exploit them. Belfry won't need to exploit weaknesses however and will run it right into the teeth of ashlands D.

All in all I see this one as a 35-28 win for the pirates and im gonna try my best to get up there to watch it. It should be a dandy.

JC has won 6 games in a row why is everyone still talking about 2005 noone on these teams were even in high school then. LET IT GO
Belfry will pound the hell out of the kitty cats.belfry wins late by 12.
Should be a good game but Belfry is a tough place to play
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:JC has won 6 games in a row why is everyone still talking about 2005 noone on these teams were even in high school then. LET IT GO

Oh sorry its only 6 in row, I was thinking JCHS beat them out of the playoffs a few times, I forgot they only have one playoff win since 2006. 2011-2006= 5years, hmmmmmm 1 playoff win in 5 years maybe its 2 , could be 3 ,probably not but it sure don't sound like a FOOTBALL POWER-HOUSE to me. Would a Belfry fan kindly post the number of playoff wins they have since 2006? As far as the Paintsville Tiger fans comments, I hate Paintsville too but the Tiger's beat-Down of Ashland is the 1996 State BB final is just another example of the superiority of the Johnson CO/Paintsville Athlete! For the Ashland fans that don't understand: Superiority means - the quality or state of being superior :notworthy
How about we get back to discussing Belfry vs Ashland?????:HitWall:

My goodness, trying to have a discussion on here sometimes is a hard thing to do. All the childish jabs and such reminds me of a Kindergarten class.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Yes I am the one that posted that gem. and i still stand by it. If Ironton doesn't fumble 4 times they win. ironton tribune headline was spot on. "Tigers gift wrap win for Ashland."

I guess everything is matter of perspective. The game I saw, Ironton had players laying all over the place, not every play but at minimum a dozen different plays, with more than one on the ground a couple of times. The final score was 28-6. And Ironton didn't get the TD until the 6:18 mark of the 4th quarter. If you want to tell yourself that was a close game that was handed to Ashland go ahead. I don't think there is much doubt that fumbles hurt Ironton. But they didn't just put the football on the ground by mistakes, defensive intensity forced most if not all of those fumbles. If you want to call that gift wrapped I'm okay with it. That isn't the way if happened but I'm okay with it. What actually happened on the football field was Ironton walked off at the final horn down 28-6 and left it all on the field.

Ironton has a very good team and winning against them isn't easy.
I think Ashland will keep it close and could capitalize off possible turnovers. What is misleading about the Rowan game is that it was tight the entire game and was 14-10 up until the final minutes of the 3rd and then rowan started fumbling kickoffs and threw and int.
Belfry will win in a tight one.TongueirateSho

Belfry-21
Ashland-18
BADCAT74 Wrote:Mmm. What's in a name? HONESTJCHSFAN? I don't know but something doesn't quite fit?Confusednicker: Stiring it up kinda early aren't we? You guys just settle down you'll get your turn in the shed in a few weeks. Mean while. ONE GAME AT A TIME. Stay focused TOMCATS.

lol!!!! And this coming from that same moron who has spouted this crap for about the last 5 or 6 years in a row, and in the end has had to swallow his own Puke time and time again.

How about it, NOTSOBADCAT????

Tongueuke:Tongueuke:Tongueuke: Bring back any old memories?Confusednicker:
If Belfry fumbles four times and loses 28-6 like Ironton and the Ironton tribune want to say that Belfry gift wrapped the game, I will take it.
Ashland
Bob Seger Wrote:lol!!!! And this coming from that same moron who has spouted this crap for about the last 5 or 6 years in a row, and in the end has had to swallow his own Puke time and time again.

How about it, NOTSOBADCAT????

Tongueuke:Tongueuke:Tongueuke: Bring back any old memories?Confusednicker:

No not really BOOB SEGER. You JCC, guys never cease to amaze me. Always chiming in thinking every thread is about JCC. Talk about people living in the past, I'm pretty impressed with myself to think I impacted your life so much you can't forget me!!!!!! Nah really it's pretty sad, but if the BADCAT can give your miserable life reason to go on living hanging on my every word! Then I must press on with the message of TOMCAT NATION! Get you some
BOOB!:biggrin:
honestjchsfan Wrote:Oh sorry its only 6 in row, I was thinking JCHS beat them out of the playoffs a few times, I forgot they only have one playoff win since 2006. 2011-2006= 5years, hmmmmmm 1 playoff win in 5 years maybe its 2 , could be 3 ,probably not but it sure don't sound like a FOOTBALL POWER-HOUSE to me. Would a Belfry fan kindly post the number of playoff wins they have since 2006? As far as the Paintsville Tiger fans comments, I hate Paintsville too but the Tiger's beat-Down of Ashland is the 1996 State BB final is just another example of the superiority of the Johnson CO/Paintsville Athlete! For the Ashland fans that don't understand: Superiority means - the quality or state of being superior :notworthy

They must not like us much up there hehe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8