Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Good Local Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when and where
NWF was just here in NKY. Abyss and Wildcat Chris Harris, both of whom got their starts here, were on the card. I didn't make it, but Chris said the show went well and crowds are beginning to climb again.
Is that in Mt sterling
No, Ft. Mitchell, near Cincinnati
Rustyankle, I am in the process of the beginning stages of starting a wrestling company. (ie. getting partners, determining a good location, learning the business taxes side, etc...) It is almost certain that we will start one. It is a 3-part project: Indy fed, training camp and online helps (I wont tell too much about that because one of the partners is almost done with it and I don't want someone to steal the idea before he gets the copyright stuff finalized Smile )

*NOTE* I know the business side in terms of everyday operations, just do not know start up costs and exactly how much taxes, etc... are. Please don't think I am some idiot that just watches it every Monday and thinks I know how to run a company. Wink

I say all of that to establish credibility to tell you who is good, etc...

First of all, google search "Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission" Promotions are required by law to make public every show that they do. KBWC posts them online.

In my opinion, the two best THAT I HAVE SEEN IN PERSON are OVW (has slacked off but is still better than most around) and I believe it is NWA: Kentucky out of Pike County, in the Belfry area. They pay their wrestlers VERY well, considering what many are paid in KY. (Find an Indy fed wrestler and ask them what they get paid for a show, you will be amazed!) I have a friend, who will be one of my partners (I know never mix business and friendship, but whatever, lol) that he wrestled 4 matches, set us the backstage and the ring, sold tickets for a while, tore down the backstage and the ring, drove 3 hours up and 3 hours back for $7! Those guys don't do it for the money, and it REALLY makes me love Indy wrestling.
LWC, if you do this, I will certainly be there for any show that I could possibly make.
LWC Wrote:Rustyankle, I am in the process of the beginning stages of starting a wrestling company. (ie. getting partners, determining a good location, learning the business taxes side, etc...) It is almost certain that we will start one. It is a 3-part project: Indy fed, training camp and online helps (I wont tell too much about that because one of the partners is almost done with it and I don't want someone to steal the idea before he gets the copyright stuff finalized Smile )

*NOTE* I know the business side in terms of everyday operations, just do not know start up costs and exactly how much taxes, etc... are. Please don't think I am some idiot that just watches it every Monday and thinks I know how to run a company. Wink

I say all of that to establish credibility to tell you who is good, etc...

First of all, google search "Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission" Promotions are required by law to make public every show that they do. KBWC posts them online.

In my opinion, the two best THAT I HAVE SEEN IN PERSON are OVW (has slacked off but is still better than most around) and I believe it is NWA: Kentucky out of Pike County, in the Belfry area. They pay their wrestlers VERY well, considering what many are paid in KY. (Find an Indy fed wrestler and ask them what they get paid for a show, you will be amazed!) I have a friend, who will be one of my partners (I know never mix business and friendship, but whatever, lol) that he wrestled 4 matches, set us the backstage and the ring, sold tickets for a while, tore down the backstage and the ring, drove 3 hours up and 3 hours back for $7! Those guys don't do it for the money, and it REALLY makes me love Indy wrestling.
Ok bud if you do this I be at the shows I could possibly get my company to sponsor.
^What company is it? Feel free to PM me if you do not want it in open forum.