Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hell in the Cell PPV Line-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Triple Threat Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship
- John Cena © vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk

Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship
- Mark Henry © vs. Randy Orton

WWE Divas Championship Match
- Kelly Kelly © vs. Beth Phoenix

Singles Match
- Christian vs. Sheamus
4 matches?
They're will probably be another match or 2 on the card.

Probably something like Ziggler/Swagger vs. Air Boom for the Tag Team titles.

Maybe Cody Rhodes defends the IC title something like that.
^I hope.
I've stopped watching wrestling. Someone PM me when John Cena loses the titles.
^Colonel...
we understand that you don't like Cena lol

But as stated before....
he's really popular and has a large demographic following him that will pay money to see him with the title.
So if you are interested in wrestling succeeding in general I would just learn to deal with it.
If Cena retains....I'll probably take a hiatus from watching wrestling for a while.

Mark Henry needs to retain.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Colonel...
we understand that you don't like Cena lol

But as stated before....
he's really popular and has a large demographic following him that will pay money to see him with the title.
So if you are interested in wrestling succeeding in general I would just learn to deal with it.

I realize that, but I'm tired of the fact that they'll give him the belt, he'll lose it in 2 weeks, then get it back in a month.
^ I'm with you, but the day's of title runs for anyone longer than three PPV's is over.
^ Unfortunately, I know this. lol.
^ I guess today's wrestling fan would not be infatiated with a World title reign lasting 3-4 years. I think people could like Cena more if the WWE had other legitimate heels! The problem with the Cena era is that there are no rivals. Austin had Hart, Mankind, Undertaker and top five all-time Rock. Hogan had Monster after Monster as well as guys like Piper and Savage. Flair had 100's of rivals in the NWA. In the Cena era, who is a legitimate rival. Orton is probably the only rival that we can see, but that is not Cena's fault, it's the development in WWE. Uggghhhhh!
Stardust Wrote:^ I guess today's wrestling fan would not be infatiated with a World title reign lasting 3-4 years. I think people could like Cena more if the WWE had other legitimate heels! The problem with the Cena era is that there are no rivals. Austin had Hart, Mankind, Undertaker and top five all-time Rock. Hogan had Monster after Monster as well as guys like Piper and Savage. Flair had 100's of rivals in the NWA. In the Cena era, who is a legitimate rival. Orton is probably the only rival that we can see, but that is not Cena's fault, it's the development in WWE. Uggghhhhh!

It's not just the development. It's the management and bookers.

Batista was a legit heel, IMO. He scrammed because he was unhappy with how the company was going.

I'm not blaming this completely on WWE, but Chris Jericho left because he wasn't feeling wrestling. It could, or could not be the fact that WWE was using him wrong and they couldn't get a good storyline going with him.

Nexus was a great idea when they first came up, but the bookers killed them. One of the worst storyline screw-ups since I've been watching.

Jack Swagger is also being used very, very poorly and I think he can be a legit heel.

CM Punk is what i'm mainly trying to get to though. He's one of the best, if not the best, heels in recent history and in my opinion, WWE has used him, and his storyline VERY VERY poorly.
Managers and Bookers are the ones who create "development". So it's the same thing. Batista scrammed because of his psycho girlfriend Melina and went and made two movies. Once he got the Movie bug, he thought he could parlay that into an acting career like the Rock. He's been wrong.

As for Punk, I truly think Vince is just waiting for Punk to fail instead of hoping for him to score big
Cena nation!
Thought the PPV was alright, solid B I'd give it.

The ending had me intrigued.
I think Stardust hit it right on the head. There are no monster heels. The problem right now is that the three top stars that wrestle on a regular basis are Cena, Punk and Orton. All of whom are faces and probably do not have the option of turning heel. Punk and Orton are going to be cheered no matter what they do. Cena might would be an option, but they make a killing off of his merchandise. Until they can develop a believable main event heel, the current product is not going to improve. Hopefully, they can convince Jericho to come back at some point and maybe, Batista, but Batista is surely in his mid-late 40s at this point and would be limited. I mean he was injury prone even in his younger days. Miz and Ziggler have a shot, but need major development to make anyone think they have any shot at beating the top guys. Swagger has the size but has the charisma of belly button lint. Del Rio is probably the top heel in the company right now and he had to lock Cena out of the cage and hit Punk with a lead pipe to even win the belt. Even though Mark Henry is getting a great push right now with clean wins over Orton, I don't think anyone buys him as a long term main event player. He fornicated with Mae Young for goodness sakes! Overall, there just doesn't seem to be anyone involved with the booking right now that can see anything beyond the next PPV. Just my opinion.
Turning Punk would be too soon and the fans are not demanding it.

I thought they are close to the point that they could turn Cena, then when I saw the crow reaction yesterday to him, it said that he is still by far the biggest Face in the Industry. And you do not squash a face when they are the cash cow.

Orton hate s being a face, and he's not good at it. So, in a heel faction like a spinoff of the NWO, it's possible he could be the guy the WWE goes to.

Miz, IMO, is the future "most hated". He has all of the charecteristics that made Flair successful, he just needs the extra seasoning. But, a Flair-like future is certainly a possibility.

With Del Rio, they keep screwing that up. He's the #1 heel right now and he can do all of the things that the traditional heels do. He's the whiney rich guy that everyone wants to see get his butt kicked.

Henry is the Monster, and you mark my words, if he continues this run, the Fans will begin to cheer him - I AM NOW! But, the baggage that worker brought up sure does take some of his appeal away.

Give me more Wade Barrett! He's another guy that the WWE has completely screwed up on. This guy a year ago was the #1 heel and the most hated guy on the WWE roster. Now, no one cares about him. He could be a star heel who could have a successful face turn down the road.
I'm sure we can all agree on this one thing THANK GOD CENA IS NOT THE CHAMP!!!
Yeah, it was absolutely pointless for Del Rio to lose it in the first place, just to win it back 2 weeks later.
If Del Rio can hang onto the belt, it might just make him interesting enough to face Punk at Wrestlemania. Of course, there will 39 title changes between now and then.

I, totally, agree on Wade Barrett. He is solid in the ring, is good on the mic and has a natural heel presence to him. He has been buried so long that I completly forgot about him.