Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the 14th region weak this year? They alot of teams that never been at the top in years. What do you think?
"Thug_24" Wrote:Is the 14th region weak this year? They alot of teams that never been at the top in years. What do you think?
The 14th is having a typical year, there are just more teams competing for the title. I think that the 14th has been "weak" for awhile and teams like Jackson City, Lee County and Buckhorn are improving and making this region wide open. I do not think the 14th is any weaker than they have been over the last few years, they will send their the champion to Lexington and they may win a game if they draw the 15th champion, but the champion from the 14th has no chance of even competing with a team that is State Championship caliber IMO.
To me I think the 14th Region is jumbled. Some of the more historical teams like Owsley usually has is down, while others are having a field day this year, (Lee County)
"Tek32" Wrote:To me I think the 14th Region is jumbled. Some of the more historical teams like Owsley usually has is down, while others are having a field day this year, (Lee County)
Lee County has a good team this year, but I think they had just as good of a team last year. The district is just down this year. Owsley and Powell lost quite a few good players from last season. Last year's district champs, Owsley County, only had one returning starter, and now he's no longer with the team. Powell lost most of their team also. The new team, Estill County, has picked up the slack somewhat, but the 56th is not it's usual balanced self. The 14th is down as well from previous years. This shows up whenever 14th region teams have to travel into regions west of the mountains and play. Letcher Central lost to Bourbon County, Lee lost to Montgomery, Fleming, and Brossart, Hazard to LexCath, etc.. But even at that, I don't think the 14th is as down as the 15th. I mean, Owsley with a present record of 4-16, defeated the 15th All A champion, South Floyd, By 8 points and had them down by over 20 at Morgan County's tournament last month.
Perry Central is 10-2 playing teams out of the region.
No way the 14th is weak! The weaker teams in the 14th has beat up other powers in the other regions all season long! There is just not that team that dominates the region such as Perry Central has in the past. And like someone mentioned before, the usually weaker teams are improving a GREAT deal!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:No way the 14th is weak! The weaker teams in the 14th has beat up other powers in the other regions all season long! There is just not that team that dominates the region such as Perry Central has in the past. And like someone mentioned before, the usually weaker teams are improving a GREAT deal!
You need to go and check out the KHSAA scoreboard. The powers in the 14th haven't fared very well against top notch opponents from other regions....unless they were from other mountain regions as weak as the 14th. As a matter of fact, they haven't fared very well against middle of the pack schools in the 8th through 11th regions.
Teams that were getting killed a few years ago have wised up got some nice coaching staffs in that have worked there a$$ off to not be the laughing stock. Recent success at, for example Owsley had the likes of Tim Bobrowski who worked hard and had a great staff there for Owsley expects great coaches to follow, its not going to happen no one in there right mind would want to leave a program to go to that one. I have followed OC athletics for sometime now and it may just be me but I don't feel the support from admin it once had.
The 14th reigon isnt weak, there are just more teams in the chase than the past years. There have been upsets all through the year.. this just means for a better regional tournament in my opinion. There is no favorite.. this will make the tournament more exciting.
"DOC" Wrote:You need to go and check out the KHSAA scoreboard. The powers in the 14th haven't fared very well against top notch opponents from other regions....unless they were from other mountain regions as weak as the 14th. As a matter of fact, they haven't fared very well against middle of the pack schools in the 8th through 11th regions.
I am sorry, I meant to put the 15th Region. No, they haven't fared well at all vs/ Regions out of the mountains, but yes the 15th Region was the region I was insisting! Sorry!