Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Sports Overtime Mountain Top Ten 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:
1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle Co.
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Johnson Central
7. Perry Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Hazard
10. Somerset

Discuss.
Flip Johnson and Perry bc of the win. Also I think Somerset is holding on for dear life. Ive saw them twice this year and didnt think they were a top team in the state like they were ranked when I saw them.
Flip PCC & JC and Hazard & Somerset because of head to head matchups and all is good.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Flip PCC & JC and Hazard & Somerset because of head to head matchups and all is good.

agreed!
Looks fine to me.
Ballers Wrote:Looks fine to me.
haten lol
Was Rock even ranked lol.
Maybe they have finally listened to me.
Switch Harlan and Bell and idc about the rest.
1. Harlan Co
2. Bell Co
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle
5. Perry Central
6. Breathitt
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. P-burg
Mountain top 10 looks good. I sure figured hazard would of dropped out of the top 10. But i guess there performance against Breathitt said otherwise.
Aslan Wrote:1. Harlan Co
2. Bell Co
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle
5. Perry Central
6. Breathitt
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Hazard
10. P-burg

:rockon:
bac2369 Wrote:Mountain top 10 looks good. I sure figured hazard would of dropped out of the top 10. But i guess there performance against Breathitt said otherwise.

Can't fault a team for playing tough competition. That's why them and Somerset still stand IMO.
C;mon Meow Aslan..

22-0 and they should be in top 5?
Huh meow?
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Flip Johnson and Perry bc of the win. Also I think Somerset is holding on for dear life. Ive saw them twice this year and didnt think they were a top team in the state like they were ranked when I saw them.

that was one game. i like the way most think on here. just because a team beat someone one game. if they play again, they think it will be the same way.
Looks good! Go Breathitt County!!!
1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle County
5. Breathitt County
6. Perry County Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Johnson Central
9. Somerset
10.Knox Central
cj2561 Wrote:that was one game. i like the way most think on here. just because a team beat someone one game. if they play again, they think it will be the same way.

In the case of PCC and JC, it would be the same way. No way they should be ranked ahead of us IMO.
Flip...Somerset and Hazard...Perry and Johnson Central..Rockcastle and Breathitt

1.Harlan Co
2.Bell
3.Belfry
4.Breathitt
5.Rockcastle
6.Perry Central
7.Johnson Central
8.Pburg
9.Somerset
10.Hazard
geauxtigers75 Wrote:In the case of PCC and JC, it would be the same way. No way they should be ranked ahead of us IMO.
I don't care whether JC ever overtakes PCC in rankings but the two teams seem headed in opposite directions. JC has a young, inexperienced team but a very experienced coach. The reverse is true of PCC, so I think that by season's end, JC will be the stronger of the two teams.

That's not a knock on PCC or its coach but young teams have more unfilled potential than teams loaded with experienced players who already have plenty of game experience and know the system in which they play.

Johnson Central struggled much more two years ago early in the season than they have this season and yet they reached the regional finals that year. I suspect that Coach Matney will be glad to have the Golden Eagles enter the last two games of the season with Ashland and Belfry as underdogs - but certain teams always make great improvements during the course of the season and I think that JC is one of those teams. Maybe PCC will finish strong this season but that has not been their pattern in the past.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle Co.
5. Breathitt Co.
6. Johnson Central
7. Perry Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Hazard
10. Somerset
Looks fine to me but I am not so sure that Harlan County belongs at the top. Bell County and Belfry have both looked strong against better schedules and both had good success in last season's playoffs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't care whether JC ever overtakes PCC in rankings but the two teams seem headed in opposite directions. JC has a young, inexperienced team but a very experienced coach. The reverse is true of PCC, so I think that by season's end, JC will be the stronger of the two teams.

That's not a knock on PCC or its coach but young teams have more unfilled potential than teams loaded with experienced players who already have plenty of game experience and know the system in which they play.

Johnson Central struggled much more two years ago early in the season than they have this season and yet they reached the regional finals that year. I suspect that Coach Matney will be glad to have the Golden Eagles enter the last two games of the season with Ashland and Belfry as underdogs - but certain teams always make great improvements during the course of the season and I think that JC is one of those teams. Maybe PCC will finish strong this season but that has not been their pattern in the past.

Good post and you are correct on several things there. We have collapsed late in the season in the past and now hopefully, with Coach Haddix gaining more experience by the day, will prevent such from coming to fruition again this season. I fully expect JC will be much improved from when we played them in week 2 and they will continue to do so the longer the season goes on, I expect them to make another deep playoff round. I think that if the 2 teams were to meet again (just hypothetically), I think PCC would win again (IMO) due to the veteran nature of our team, most of our starters from last year are starters this year, and the exact opposite is true for JC. Next year will be a very different story for us at PCC unfortunately. :Sad04:

I feel my last post was too strongly worded, I just think we would win again if we meet, but we could definitely lose too.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Good post and you are correct on several things there. We have collapsed late in the season in the past and now hopefully, with Coach Haddix gaining more experience by the day, will prevent such from coming to fruition again this season. I fully expect JC will be much improved from when we played them in week 2 and they will continue to do so the longer the season goes on, I expect them to make another deep playoff round. I think that if the 2 teams were to meet again (just hypothetically), I think PCC would win again (IMO) due to the veteran nature of our team, most of our starters from last year are starters this year, and the exact opposite is true for JC. Next year will be a very different story for us at PCC unfortunately. :Sad04:

I feel my last post was too strongly worded, I just think we would win again if we meet, but we could definitely lose too.
I think that the later in the season a rematch were played, the better Johnson Central's chances would be. I was very impressed with Perry Central's size, speed, and talent. I wish them well in the playoffs and I think Coach Haddix has a bright future ahead of him.
Remember that game was @ JC too. But it's really all opinion or who you're rooting for. Doesn't really matter, the game won't happen anyway, so we'll never know.