Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grove City Christian at Fairview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G.C.C. is a build program that is on the right track as they are soing things the right way, and they are slowly upgrading their schedule.

Predictions
Thoughts
I think going to be great ball game. Will be best game to watch in our region of Kentucky this week. Russell will kill Fleming, Ashland will kill Boyd, Rowan will kill Greenup. Should be best game to attend and watch in my opinion.
Just another sugary cupcake filled week in Westweed.
Last week G.C.C. statered 6 freshmen due to the injury bug hitting them.
All-Ohio fullback in Anthony Roark and senior quarterback Ben Whitaker might be out again this week forcing G.C.C. to go young again.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Just another sugary cupcake filled week in Westweed.

Just like Raceland thought they had when scheduled Portsmouth East and look what happened. RamBAit do you not understand Ohio football and how much better those teams are than most in Kentucky. This will be a great ballgame
Fairview needs a test to see how they are going to hang with some better competition.
bac2369 Wrote:Fairview needs a test to see how they are going to hang with some better competition.
They might get one this week. Grove City Christian is a good team, but inconsistent at times. When healthy, they have a good stable of runningbacks and decent quarterback play. They also have the reigning Defensive Player of the Week in Ohio. They also have this defensive lineman #79 who looks like he goes 3bills and can run.
Again, which GCC team is going to show up? If they come healthy and ready to execute, Fairview could be in for a long day. If not, have fun!
bac2369 Wrote:Fairview needs a test to see how they are going to hang with some better competition.

Fairview will not be tested till they play Raceland in 2 weeks and Powell Co. in 4 weeks.
Why with a school of 135 boys would you be complaining about their schedule? They have played basically the same schedule since 1970? Why should the say sorry for winning these games and not only that but be dominate in those games? It's beyond me why people complain so much about their schedule did it hurt them last season going to regional finals and playing LCA really tough at LCA?
russellpride Wrote:Why with a school of 135 boys would you be complaining about their schedule? They have played basically the same schedule since 1970? Why should the say sorry for winning these games and not only that but be dominate in those games? It's beyond me why people complain so much about their schedule did it hurt them last season going to regional finals and playing LCA really tough at LCA?
Before my friend NCF invited me to join, I did some research. I understand that scheduling is a sensitive topic with some, and my posts will not get involved in that topic beyond this statement. For the record, GCC's wins are over opponents who are combined 0-13. I believe Fairview's are a combined 5-20. Its difficult to gauge the strength of a team by this measure.
Its all about matchups. I cannot get a good feeling for this game. I have been to 2 GCC games this year, and several others over the years. They are the ultimate Jekyll/Hyde team. If Hyde comes, Fairview is in trouble. These guys can score points from multiple situations in bunches. It would not surprise me at all if GCC gets 3 scores in any 5 minutes of football. That is their history.
If Jekyll shows up, Fairview could take control early and this game could be over before halftime.
Many of you might be familiar with Matewan, WV. GCC hosted them last year and should have won the game. There were 2 tragically timed unforced turnovers in the last 5 minutes of the game that turned the tide. Matewan turned out to be a semi-finalist in WV. GCC finished 3-7.
I cannot disagree with any opinions. All I know about Fairview is what I get from KHSAA and WSAZ highlights. This should be a fun game to go see.
Russelpride, I have to disagree. There is no way possible you think that Fairview's schedule prepares them for a deep run in the playoffs. I agree that not every game needs to be against a tough opponent but the idea that playing extremely weak teams every friday gets them ready for the playoffs and for district play is a joke. That schedule will come back and bite them, no doubt about it.
CentralOHFootball Wrote:They might get one this week. Grove City Christian is a good team, but inconsistent at times. When healthy, they have a good stable of runningbacks and decent quarterback play. They also have the reigning Defensive Player of the Week in Ohio. They also have this defensive lineman #79 who looks like he goes 3bills and can run.
Again, which GCC team is going to show up? If they come healthy and ready to execute, Fairview could be in for a long day. If not, have fun!

Grove City is 3-2. The three games they have won are 0-14. The two games they lost was by scores like 62-0 and 45-6. Groce City is ranked 65th of about 70 teams in div 6. They beat three little christian schools. What I mean by little is. Ranked at the bottom.
Fairview will win this one by 30+.
Fairview by 3 TDs
RAMBAIT Wrote:Just another sugary cupcake filled week in Westweed.

I would rather have a big honeybun for this game against THE RAMS. Any truth that Raceland hired Little Debbie for this game
Fairview getting alot of attention on this thread must mean you guys are scared or something? Talking about weak teams, scheduling, etc. Why don't you worry about your own programs and just applaud Fairview for building a solid program. Why should they say sorry for winning, maybe the teams they play need to get better. My view is that 10 years from now it doesn't matter who you played it's all about matchups. Some teams matchup well against Fairview or a Hazard and other teams do not. I agree the teams Fairview has played haven't been great but the bashing of their program has to stop because all they do is win. I believe Coach McPeek is 32-10 in just over 3 seasons I don't care who you are playing that is getting it done. Fairview had never won a road playoff game in the history of the school since 1970 and yes I know they were matched up with NKY. However, they have won 4 playoff games in 3 years and they deserve some credit not bashing like you all are doing. Are they better than Hazard and Pikeville year in and year out probably not but at the same time these kids and coaches work extremely hard and deserve some props.
I'm tired of hearing about Fairview's strength of schedule. They played the same sort of schedule last year and if I remember correctly they whipped our tails up and down the field and went on to give LCA all they wanted. The team may not be facing the toughest schedule, and there are questions about their roster, but they are learning to win and that has to mean something. I'm a diehard Raceland fan, but eventually you have to stop sugar coating things. The gap between Raceland and Fairview has closed considerably since McPeek took over. To be honest, I think Raceland has taken a step back since our coaching change. Based on what I've seen to this point in the season, I'll be surprised if Raceland wins two more games. We need some sort of consistency on both sides of the ball. I know this response is bound to get someone's knickers in a wad, but I have to get it off my chest.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Fairview's strength of schedule. They played the same sort of schedule last year and if I remember correctly they whipped our tails up and down the field and went on to give LCA all they wanted. The team may not be facing the toughest schedule, and there are questions about their roster, but they are learning to win and that has to mean something. I'm a diehard Raceland fan, but eventually you have to stop sugar coating things. The gap between Raceland and Fairview has closed considerably since McPeek took over. To be honest, I think Raceland has taken a step back since our coaching change. Based on what I've seen to this point in the season, I'll be surprised if Raceland wins two more games. We need some sort of consistency on both sides of the ball. I know this response is bound to get someone's knickers in a wad, but I have to get it off my chest.

Come on RC77,the Raceland/Fairview game will be a great game that Raceland could win and two of the other 3 game left are locks. Raceland lost 2 tough games by a total of 3 points. They are that close to having a great season. IMO they played really well against LC and Pikeville. Also IMO they are right in the thick of things in their region and could possibbly make it to the semi's just as Pikeville and Fairview could. They are in a really competitive region and in a really good position. Any of those 3 teams could beat the others on any Friday night. It's gonna come down to who wants it more.
As a fan this one is tough on me being I am a huge fan of the head coach at Fairview and I have a online friendship with one of the coaches at G.C.C.(oUR PATHS HAVE YET TO CROSS IN REAL LIFE)

I hope this one turns out to be a great game with both teams leaving with the respect of the other.

I think F-View will take this one.
If G.C.C. has their players back it could be close, if not they will go down big.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I'm tired of hearing about Fairview's strength of schedule. They played the same sort of schedule last year and if I remember correctly they whipped our tails up and down the field and went on to give LCA all they wanted. The team may not be facing the toughest schedule, and there are questions about their roster, but they are learning to win and that has to mean something. I'm a diehard Raceland fan, but eventually you have to stop sugar coating things. The gap between Raceland and Fairview has closed considerably since McPeek took over. To be honest, I think Raceland has taken a step back since our coaching change. Based on what I've seen to this point in the season, I'll be surprised if Raceland wins two more games. We need some sort of consistency on both sides of the ball. I know this response is bound to get someone's knickers in a wad, but I have to get it off my chest.

And thats why their is a BGR. Spill you guts. Makes you feel better. Does me. If Fairview beats us and wins the district. I hope they go all the way. Till then. I want nothing more then for Fairview to win all but one district game. I'll be at the bottom to watch the eagles friday. Good luck. Give your all. And send GCCHS back to Ohio defeated.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:As a fan this one is tough on me being I am a huge fan of the head coach at Fairview and I have a online friendship with one of the coaches at G.C.C.(oUR PATHS HAVE YET TO CROSS IN REAL LIFE)

I hope this one turns out to be a great game with both teams leaving with the respect of the other.

I think F-View will take this one.
If G.C.C. has their players back it could be close, if not they will go down big.
I saw the medical staff working on Casparro last week in the third quarter. He did not return that I saw. Do you know anything about this? That kid alone can take over a game. I haven't heard anyone say anything about his status, and the jjhuddle thread doesn't mention anything. He deserved the Ohio Defensive Player of the Week. The kid put on a show. It would be a shame if he were out too.
I agree with you on Coach McPeek. Fairview is fortunate to have him. Isn't the AD an Ohio guy too? Was he at Portsmouth Notre Dame at one time?
I wish everyone the best of luck on the game tonight. It should be a good game to go see. I stand by my remarks that GCC has the potential to beat Fairview If Fairview allows them to stay in early. The Maxpreps ranking of 65 out of 121 D6 Ohio teams that Proud Ram Fan 11468 mentioned is based on their inconsistency as a program. I do believe they should be somewhere between 40 and 60. The only thing I can say is use caution. Fairview should take this game, but don't sell GCC short. Good luck to both teams! Go Eagles!