Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard Band of Gold Marching Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Hazard Band of Gold Marching Classic was held this past Saturday. The bands competing were Class A - Lee Co., Harlan Ind., Raceland-Worthington; Class 2A - Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, East Ridge, Powell Co., Middlesboro; Class 3A - Rockcastle Co., Knox Central, Holmes, Estill Co., Corbin; Class 4A - Harlan Co., Pulaski Co., Letcher Central; Class 5A - North Laurel, South Laurel. If you know anyone who is in any of these bands let them know that there are some pictures here.... http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/581065866VBpjzK
Thanks for posting these. You posted a couple good shots of my nephew (Raceland's drummer).
Congrats to the Cougars on a second place finish,
wasn't ballers in the band of gold????
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:wasn't ballers in the band of gold????

Think so!
EastKyMx Wrote:Think so!

:Thumbs: lol
I don't know who Ballers is or I could probably tell you.
My sister-in-law is in the Band of Gold. They are wonderful!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I don't know who Ballers is or I could probably tell you.

it was a joke! Confusednicker:
anyone have any video on it?
LWC Wrote:My sister-in-law is in the Band of Gold. They are wonderful!

I agree! And a great bunch of kids.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:it was a joke! Confusednicker:

I wondered how he could have played ball and been in band too. lol
It didn't say in the original post but I assume Hazard competed in class A?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:It didn't say in the original post but I assume Hazard competed in class A?

Hazard is Class A but they didn't compete in this competition because they were hosting it. They do an exhibition performance at the end of the day. The Band of Gold did take 1st place in All A and 3rd place overall in a competition this past Saturday at Corbin. They also got best percussion and the Espirit de Corp Award.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard is Class A but they didn't compete in this competition because they were hosting it. They do an exhibition performance at the end of the day. The Band of Gold did take 1st place in All A and 3rd place overall in a competition this past Saturday at Corbin. They also got best percussion and the Espirit de Corp Award.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. Hazard has always had a very good band.