Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity #2 in the national ranking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This ranking is from 9/21/2011

Stock Rising: Trinity has been among the most impressive teams of the season. This week it showed it could lock down on defense as well shutting down current-No. 29 St. Xavier, 17-7. Running the table with the schedule it has could have the Shamrocks claiming a national title.
Well deserved. Massey currently ranks Trinity's strength of schedule as the second toughest in the nation and they are winning games convincingly. Several teams that Trinity has defeated have great shots at winning state titles. If Trinity runs the table, it will end the season as a champion of champions.
cj2561 Wrote:This ranking is from 9/21/2011

Stock Rising: Trinity has been among the most impressive teams of the season. This week it showed it could lock down on defense as well shutting down current-No. 29 St. Xavier, 17-7. Running the table with the schedule it has could have the Shamrocks claiming a national title.

Umm, there are probably a 100 sources for National Rankings, who is this for? Rivals; Scout; USA Today; ESPN; Massay; - post the link to help us understand who this is for.
Here is a link to at least one poll with Louisville Trinity at #2 in nation.

http://highschool.rivals.com/default.asp

Being that there are many polls/rankings, is there one considered to be most respected or most reliable over the others? Which one do you give the most credence?
Stardust Wrote:Umm, there are probably a 100 sources for National Rankings, who is this for? Rivals; Scout; USA Today; ESPN; Massay; - post the link to help us understand who this is for.

Rivals.com
USA Today Super 25 has moved them to 5th. This may be the most respected poll as it's not merely a computer generated ranking.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/super25/
cj2561 Wrote:This ranking is from 9/21/2011

This poll also has Highlands ranked 25th in it
Congrats to Trinity & Highlands. These teams give some much needed respect for KY High School Football.
I'd love to see Trinity and Don Bosco Prep from NJ go at it this year, that would be a true national title game. Congrats to Highlands and Trinity for representing KY well!
thats awsome!
the new ranking, still have Trinity #2.
This is what they have to say:
Trinity continues to impress as it navigates one of the most difficult schedules nationally. This week, it pulled away from Indianapolis Cathedral, 36-14.
This is a junior dominated team so it will be even stronger next year. Indianapolis Warren Centeral has a classic that they host every year, I would love to see Trinity get invited to come up and play Warren Centera in that classic next year. Warren is year in and year out one of the most dominant progames in the country.
Truecat Wrote:This is a junior dominated team so it will be even stronger next year. Indianapolis Warren Centeral has a classic that they host every year, I would love to see Trinity get invited to come up and play Warren Centera in that classic next year. Warren is year in and year out one of the most dominant progames in the country.

Yea, i would also like to see them play either of these teams. St. Thomas Aqulnas(FL), Don Bosco Prep(NJ), Prattville(Bama), Hoover(Bama), Katy(TX), Trinity(TX) or Allen(TX). these team have been the top teams in the last 10 years. The other game i would like to see. Trinity play them Oct 28. Moeller(OH).
If i am still in KY, i might drive to louisville to watch that game.
Well deserved, great program. Congradulations to them for thir hard work!!!!!!!
Trinity stays on top of Massey top 25
also noteworthy
#7 St Edwards OH ... plays the following GCL treams
#13 Moeller (Cinti)
#15 St Xavier (Cinti)
If Trinity does "run the table" and finishes ranked no. 1, will this be the first time ever a Kentucky high school football team has finished ranked no. 1?
^
I believe so
Trinity is a great team indeed and probably the 2nd best team in the counrty IMO. But as ive said before there is no team that wants any part of De la Sale out in California. That team is the real deal
All i do is win Wrote:Trinity is a great team indeed and probably the 2nd best team in the counrty IMO. But as ive said before there is no team that wants any part of De la Sale out in California. That team is the real deal

And this proves that some people don't have t.v. They were on the tube last Friday and they were not impressive to say the least.
So no team in Alabame, Florida, Texas, California, or Ohio can beat them: yikes:. I'm all about Kentucky football but.......I'd be willing to be they could not go 10-0 aginst the top two from each state....
All i do is win Wrote:Trinity is a great team indeed and probably the 2nd best team in the counrty IMO. But as ive said before there is no team that wants any part of De la Sale out in California. That team is the real deal

I probably would of said the same thing 2 weeks ago but last friday St. Thomas Aquinas out of Florida beat De LaSalle out of northern California 30-6
This is very, very awesome. I'm going to have to try my best to make it down to one of their home games.

You sir, are an idiot.
Lakewood St. Edwards hosts Don Boscoe next week I believe....OH is historically rough on visiting teams....
thedealer12 Wrote:If Trinity does "run the table" and finishes ranked no. 1, will this be the first time ever a Kentucky high school football team has finished ranked no. 1?
No. Ashland won a mythical national title in 1931.

Trinity has a great shot to win it all. They are definitely the most talented team that has come out of Kentucky in the modern era.

St. Thomas Aqulnas beat them 30-6.