Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why don't you stop using GOD name in vain. It don't look good and it sure don't sound good.GOD is always good so he don't need his name disrepected.
Ms Craft says that she will not tolerate inappropriate language by all coaches.

Wonder if a classroom teacher used such language... how long would they last?
When Hillard Howard was coach I had a ton of respect for him and the LCC football program. The players played hard and clean and win or lose they showed class. Coach Howard was and is a class act and LCC was lucky to have him.

Mr. Whitaker is not in his league. Tim Couch Made him, and he has lived off that for some time. He dragged down a proud tradition at Corbin and disrespected players and parents, and left town just before they could run him out.

I was shocked when he got the job at LCC, they had made such a commitment to football with fantastic facilities but what I would think a average coach.

If I was a betting man I bet the clock is ticking on his tenure there.
Agree!!!!! There is no sense in it. Also agree about the bad choice on hiring Whitaker. His two year rein at LCC has destroyed one of the best upcomming programs in the mountains.
TIC TOCK TIC TOCK!!!!!:flush:
Did I miss something? This thread just sort of popped up.
Cougarpride08 is taking the fifth on this one due to the last time I posted about coach. I still support cougar men who put on that uniform and know one day we will be back to full cougarama strenghth.
Glad im not the only one seeing the HUGE mistake Letcher County made in bringing this whole coaching staff in. I only hope its the last year, I beieve in discipline for all players and it seems to be missing the last two years.:igiveup:
I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that this isn't the only coaching staff to use foul language in America and if all staffs that cussed were fired then Friday nights all across the country would look funny with no coaches. I played for one of the top coaches on EKY and if foul language would get you fired he wouldn't last a day at letcher. I think that all this is is someone is upset that their guy or they themselves aren't coaching up their so they try every way to beat down a coach that has a proven record without tim of turning programs around and developing talent. I've spoken with coaches and players that were under Whitaker and they only have the utmost respect for him. Maybe they made their schedule too tough, maybe they should go back to playing Shelby Valley and Evangel Christian ever year but that doesn't build strong programs. They have been in games against tough opponents this year. Franklin and breathitt will be tops in their classes by year's end and playing Russell without your best player is never good. I do know that what is good is not getting on here bashing a guy and his staff for something as ridiculous as using cuss words. This isn't choir practice or church youth group. I know most of you are UK fans so you're saying you wouldn't want Spurrier, Muschamp, or Gruden as a coach because of words they say? Some kids are motivated by this I know that not playing football this may seem strange but it's as much a part of the game as the coin toss. You need to grow up and stop these idiotic threads. If you support the team, donate to the boosters, go to the games and do more than just sit there, help build the kids confidence after a tough loss by supporting what they're doing up there and stop tearing away at the program so that it can't sustain success. No one can win when negativity surounds a program over things like this.
guess what the cursing aint helping, if it could remedy turn overs it might be tolerated. by the way im not down on the coaching staff for language because I agree some kids are motivated by a sturn dress down. just to many problems to name.
The cussing is the point of the threads origin. You may have missed that one by the fact that the first post which was the opening followed by the next three that discussed the same thing. It's called reading. Letters make words words make sentences. But the main problem and it's a huge problem in most areas in KY is a poor feeder program. I've said this for years and it's not just Letcher it's almost the state as a whole. You can't develop consistent quality teams running different offenses and defenses at every level. The feeder programs must run what the high school runs for a program to be successful no matter the talent it may or may not have. Everyone wants to be a Highlands or Boyle co but to be that consistent at success they run yhe same things from 3rd grade up to high school. Being able to react rather than think is a major problem that politics and lack of bottom up involvement leads to in most high school programs in KY.
UK2aday Wrote:Glad im not the only one seeing the HUGE mistake Letcher County made in bringing this whole coaching staff in. I only hope its the last year, I beieve in discipline for all players and it seems to be missing the last two years.:igiveup:
You got to have discipline for your self before you can teach discipline to someone else.The assistant coaches don't have it. And useing GOD name in vain is not teaching discipline. It show disrepect.
Taking God's name in vain is mild compared to last year's seniors being called MF' in pieces of C#*@. Whitaker took boys that loved and played football all their life and cussed and belittled them till it destroyed something in them. He made calls in the games that they thought were stupid. He didn't show them any respect. Anna Craft turned her back and quit coming to games. Things continue to go downhill. At least he can't blame last years seniors on the losses this year. Don't know who he is blaming now but I'm sure he doesn't take any credit for the losses himself. It's a shame that last years and this years team were predicted to the be best LCC ever had and look what happened to them when Whitaker came on board. He turned this team around all right, but, for the worse.
launchpad4 Wrote:I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that this isn't the only coaching staff to use foul language in America and if all staffs that cussed were fired then Friday nights all across the country would look funny with no coaches. I played for one of the top coaches on EKY and if foul language would get you fired he wouldn't last a day at letcher. I think that all this is is someone is upset that their guy or they themselves aren't coaching up their so they try every way to beat down a coach that has a proven record without tim of turning programs around and developing talent. I've spoken with coaches and players that were under Whitaker and they only have the utmost respect for him. Maybe they made their schedule too tough, maybe they should go back to playing Shelby Valley and Evangel Christian ever year but that doesn't build strong programs. They have been in games against tough opponents this year. Franklin and breathitt will be tops in their classes by year's end and playing Russell without your best player is never good. I do know that what is good is not getting on here bashing a guy and his staff for something as ridiculous as using cuss words. This isn't choir practice or church youth group. I know most of you are UK fans so you're saying you wouldn't want Spurrier, Muschamp, or Gruden as a coach because of words they say? Some kids are motivated by this I know that not playing football this may seem strange but it's as much a part of the game as the coin toss. You need to grow up and stop these idiotic threads. If you support the team, donate to the boosters, go to the games and do more than just sit there, help build the kids confidence after a tough loss by supporting what they're doing up there and stop tearing away at the program so that it can't sustain success. No one can win when negativity surounds a program over things like this.
If Spurrier,Muschamp or Gruden are taking the Lord's name in Vain then I don't want'em. I don't care who they are. That's what's wrong with everything today.It's ok to disrespect the Lord. I don't want my Kid's thinking it's ok to do that just because you are a football coach. When it comes to God football is the least important thing. Let's just put things in their proper perspective here. I respect coach Donahue and coach's Luttrell and Miller at Harlan for not using such language. If anything,they would teach that respect for and relying on the Lord are the way to go. Those that use his name in vain haven't come to need him yet. After all the disrespect they have shown him I hope he's there for them when they do. May God bless the kid's at LCC and let's hope that they learn respect for the Lord. When a life is in jeapardy they may need to call on him and when that happen's football is not even a bleep on the radar.
I think that some words you just dont use and taking the lords name in vain or droping the F bomb are two words that have no place anywhere in a high school sporting atmosphere. I have a good friend who ran the chains when Montgmery and Letcher played this year and he was shocked at the language he heard from the Letcher coaching staff. I know its the coachs job to get his players fired up and ready to play but I dont think language like this is going to get the job done. I hope nothing but the best for the kids and parents of Letcher Co.
This is what gets me. After the exit of Corbin, a year or so later Corbin is in the state championship. After leaving Christian County, a year or so later same coincidence. After leaving Powell County, three years later undefeated and much more physical and team oriented. Hillard Howard wins 10, 11 and 11 his last three years (don't quote me on that), but to only win 3 the year after he leaves and know this year. You can offend or defend all you want. It is the same kids, something however is different. Coach Howard didn't take all the players with him I wouldn't think.
I know of very few if any coaches who do not curse. There wouldn't be a handful left if you took them all off the field. Belittling a kid is totally a different beast and unacceptable. I would almost promise that kids on team have just as bad mouths as the "coaches". Who are we as humans to judge?
launchpad4 Wrote:I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that this isn't the only coaching staff to use foul language in America and if all staffs that cussed were fired then Friday nights all across the country would look funny with no coaches. I played for one of the top coaches on EKY and if foul language would get you fired he wouldn't last a day at letcher. I think that all this is is someone is upset that their guy or they themselves aren't coaching up their so they try every way to beat down a coach that has a proven record without tim of turning programs around and developing talent. I've spoken with coaches and players that were under Whitaker and they only have the utmost respect for him. Maybe they made their schedule too tough, maybe they should go back to playing Shelby Valley and Evangel Christian ever year but that doesn't build strong programs. They have been in games against tough opponents this year. Franklin and breathitt will be tops in their classes by year's end and playing Russell without your best player is never good. I do know that what is good is not getting on here bashing a guy and his staff for something as ridiculous as using cuss words. This isn't choir practice or church youth group. I know most of you are UK fans so you're saying you wouldn't want Spurrier, Muschamp, or Gruden as a coach because of words they say? Some kids are motivated by this I know that not playing football this may seem strange but it's as much a part of the game as the coin toss. You need to grow up and stop these idiotic threads. If you support the team, donate to the boosters, go to the games and do more than just sit there, help build the kids confidence after a tough loss by supporting what they're doing up there and stop tearing away at the program so that it can't sustain success. No one can win when negativity surounds a program over things like this.
Negativity is coming from the coaches that disrepect the good lord name so please don't even tell people to except what coaches say.Everyone know that you don't take his name in vain get over it the coaches are wrong when they do and if they are trying to teach this to the kids and people like you saying it alright its wrong how every you look at it its wrong...........................
launchpad4 Wrote:The cussing is the point of the threads origin. You may have missed that one by the fact that the first post which was the opening followed by the next three that discussed the same thing. It's called reading. Letters make words words make sentences. But the main problem and it's a huge problem in most areas in KY is a poor feeder program. I've said this for years and it's not just Letcher it's almost the state as a whole. You can't develop consistent quality teams running different offenses and defenses at every level. The feeder programs must run what the high school runs for a program to be successful no matter the talent it may or may not have. Everyone wants to be a Highlands or Boyle co but to be that consistent at success they run yhe same things from 3rd grade up to high school. Being able to react rather than think is a major problem that politics and lack of bottom up involvement leads to in most high school programs in KY.

While I appreciate the complimentary reference to Highlands and agree that some fans of the LCC program have done more harm than good to the program by posts on here, being respectful to the Lord by not using his name in vain and being a very good football coach are not mutually exclusive concepts. I do not agree that cursing a kid is the only way to motivate certain kids. Highlands' coach does not curse his players; does not use the Lord's name in vain; and does not tolerate such from his asst coaches or players.

I will say that rather than posting it on this message board and airing out the dirty laundry in public, I'd rather see those posters upset with Whitaker's use of the Lord's name in vain discussing it with him, the Principal and/or the Superintendent in private. I have never have understood why anyone would ever, and I mean ever, want to post anything negative about their school, their program, their coaches or their players in public.
I will agree that a coach shouldn't use God name in vain because that is very disrespectful to the kids and the program, they are other ways to coach than cuss. But I will not agree that Mike is a average coach, he is a excellent coach and LCC is lucky to have him. He was the coach who brought shotgun and the passing game to the mountains and he has won every were he has been(he turned Powell Co football around) and done it with a short hand at alot of places. Hillard Howard brought him in for a reason because he knew that he was a great coach. Sometimes it isnt the coach, somtimes it is plain and simple you don't have the players to win the big ballgames. I'm sorry to tell you guys but LCC doesn't have the players they had three years ago. But that is ok because cycles come and go and when he gets players you will see Mike win.
Is it only the God words or is it all the foul language you are upset about? Shouldnt really matter. As much as theyve take God out of schools these days it might be one of the few times a kid hears it.
If Letcher were 6-0, no one would ever hear a coach curse . . . even when he did.
Gitback Coach Wrote:If Letcher were 6-0, no one would ever hear a coach curse . . . even when he did.

That's the "Brutal Truth"!
It does not matter win or lose God is still God he should not be disrepected.
I would gladly take 6-0. Is cursing a part of the coaching fabric in most cases..yes. Evidently...the motivation must come from another vernacular. A pat on the back instead of a kick in the rear all the time could be utilized.
Does a thread bring down a program? I dare say no. Do cancers live around all programs? Drive to the nearest local gathering spots and listen. Part of the game for along time just wasn't on the internet.
How is the QB Johnson? Will he be back in pads for Letcher come district play? I thought he was a top 10 player in the mountains. I really hope he is doing better and can return this year.
Brutal Truth Wrote:I know of very few if any coaches who do not curse. There wouldn't be a handful left if you took them all off the field. Belittling a kid is totally a different beast and unacceptable. I would almost promise that kids on team have just as bad mouths as the "coaches". Who are we as humans to judge?
Life is full of decisions. Decisions are most often based on judgements. Therefore when bad decisions/judgements are made the worst can be expected. Encourage or permit your son to run with the worst the school has to offer, then the worst will probably happen. Eddyville and Lagrange are full of inmates that failed to make responsible judgements.To rationalize a negative quite frankly is to ask for serious problems.
Mountain Wrote:How is the QB Johnson? Will he be back in pads for Letcher come district play? I thought he was a top 10 player in the mountains. I really hope he is doing better and can return this year.

He is doing better each day thanks to the good Lord above.Still need the prayers. Thanks for asking
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Life is full of decisions. Decisions are most often based on judgements. Therefore when bad decisions/judgements are made the worst can be expected. Encourage or permit your son to run with the worst the school has to offer, then the worst will probably happen. Eddyville and Lagrange are full of inmates that failed to make responsible judgements.To rationalize a negative quite frankly is to ask for serious problems.

Comparing a high school coach who curses or a high school kid who curses to inmates at state prisons is absurd. Parents are responsible for their kids actions and the coaches are responsible for the kids while they are under their watch and in no way should belittle them. This is not rationlizing a negative, it is facing facts.
obviously cougar fan hasnt ever played football before. You goin to get cussed either by an opposing player or a coach thats life. God is great, but sorry Cougar Fan The football field isnt church and the opposing players are not there for a prayer group. Its a physical game where someone will break you in half and laugh about it for days.
Pages: 1 2 3