Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central end up with #1 seed!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
with a 12 point win tonight over Phelps at Phelps the Hawks have now clinched the #1 seed in the 60th district and should hands down now make the regional tourny no matter what...
Cograts to Central, I dont think the will win the district though...
congrats pcc, cant wait to see the showdown between belfry and pc @ district
Congratulations Hawks, nice job.
"doubleOT" Wrote:congrats pcc, cant wait to see the showdown between belfry and pc @ district
Belfry will have to beat Phelps first.
Be careful of the upset.
Phelps has done it before when no one expected them to.
Anything can happen in the tourney.
"fox sports" Wrote:Belfry will have to beat Phelps first.
Be careful of the upset.

With Hunt injured Belfry will have no problem with Phelps...
Congrats to Pike Central!!!
Yeah.. I seriously doubt an upset.. but anything can happen.. go pirates
sorry for the mishap everyone but something was brought to my attention today...Pike Central could get screwed over they have re-written the rules of 4 team districts and it is no longer that if you win by more point and have the same record that the team with more points gets the higher seed now on a bone head move by the board it is now decided by a coin toss...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:sorry for the mishap everyone but something was brought to my attention today...Pike Central could get screwed over they have re-written the rules of 4 team districts and it is no longer that if you win by more point and have the same record that the team with more points gets the higher seed now on a bone head move by the board it is now decided by a coin toss...

that is the most dumbass rule ive ever heard....a coinflip? ridiculous lol....if u beat every team in ur district at least once by more points than wht they beat u...then that should be enough to prove ur the best....does this mean that piarist could possibly come home with a number 1 seed? lol
no b/c Pike Central and Belfry have both lost one game both to each other in the first meeting Belfry won by 3 and then in the second Central won by i think 5 thus meaning Central should end up with the #1 seed if we were going by the old rule but now they will meet at the Board for a coin toss...I hear Rowe and Thompson are going to make sure this rule is chaged for the following season b/c it is ridiculos...
way to go central
Rowe and Thompson can't change ANYTHING without the vote of the other coaches. I hear the coin toss rule was put into effect last spring...but I know the Belfry coaches did not even vote on the issue. I also know they are for the point spread rule..even though this season that would mean the top seed would be PC.
The tie breaker rule is set during the pre-season district meeting.
Blame this one on a lack of foresight or laziness for not being prepared for a tie.
i think it is a pile of bull crap i mean if a team comes in and works their butts off to win a game it is like we are punishing them...and hoops lover it will be protested by Rowe and Thompson their voice can be heard more than what you think...But on the other hand up at the board you have Welch heading the throne and he is from Belfry so he will probley just shrug it off...It is also sad when you are apart of a district and region and you don't even vote on an issue...It just bafels me that a team of young athletes could end up getting screwed over so bad...
Issues for the NEXT year's district are usually voted on at the meeting that occurs at the end of the season just prior to the district tourney...that meeting is happening this coming Sunday I think...things such as seeding, tiebreakers, etc for THIS year have already been decided..BTW...what will Mr. Welch have to do with the voting on such issues?? The COACHES do the voting and there has to be a majority vote. So unless Mr. Welch tells the coaches how to vote, I think it will be a fair vote. As far as kids getting screwed out of something...I think they Belfry coaches would agree with the point spread tie breaker...but that will happen for next year...not this.
It doesnt really matter in this district anyways...
i beg to differ piratefaithful...Think okay this is how it would play out Pike Central wins the first round if they get the #1 seed then they get a days rest oppose to playing back to back nights...that plays a huge factor into everything IMO when you are playing on he road...

But talked to David Rowe today and he said that everything should be took care of this weekend and that the BOARD is suppost to fix everything...But said I will not trust anyone until i see it on paper...So maybe it was the boards fault for not writing the in the book maybe??
NOTHING will be changed for this year...will come down to a draw between Belfry and Pike Central for #1 seed....the voting will be for NEXT year...not this..
well the rule is changed for next season and this thread needs to now be closed b/c Belfry got the 1 seed or change the title...Im kinda ticked about this but oh well...
I think I agree with you on closing this thread..so it's closed.