Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset at Whitley County 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and Why
Its at Whitley and thats a plus.
I think Whitley tough schedule may pay off for them in this game.
I havent seen somerset but i know Whitley cant stop the pass so that might be a problem heading into this one.
However if WC can control the clock and punch it in when we get into the redzone, i think we have a good shot.
Whitley 24
Somerset 21
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its at Whitley and thats a plus.
I think Whitley tough schedule may pay off for them in this game.
I havent seen somerset but i know Whitley cant stop the pass so that might be a problem heading into this one.
However if WC can control the clock and punch it in when we get into the redzone, i think we have a good shot.
Whitley 24
Somerset 21

I'm with RIUTG on this. Somerset's offense has been non-existant and Whitley has had success running (not so much in scoring) the ball on some good teams. I think this will be another low'ish scoring game and give the advantage to WC merely because of Somerset's offensive woes.

WC 17 (Win by a field goal)
Somerset 14
I'm going with the Jumpers on this one. I think that Somerset will get back on track this Friday with a win over the Colonels.
Somerset-28
Whitley-13
I think Somerset bounces back and gets a W in this one
Somerset - 29
Whitley - 15
If Jumpers keep turnovers under 3 then they "Should" win. D is playing pretty well last few weeks, just need to hold onto the ball.
Somerset 29
whitley 21
The Jumpers speed might be too much for the Colonels, but if Whitley plays ball control football and has some nice long drives I see them wearing Somerset down.

SHS 20
WC 27TongueirateSho
Whitley has been getting better each week, although the game against Lynn Camp was hard to tell much.

Whitley has had trouble stopping the pass but they have made some adjustments and learned from the Clay game, they improved as that game when along.

Their offense continues to improve and it is at Whitley. Whitley is VERY physical on both sides of the football, and that is worth a lot.

A challenging game for both teams and one I like seeing played regardless of who wins. You play games like this to prepare yourself for the district and post season.

I am not sure that you can replicate a runner like Boston Bryant, plus they have found some guys in the slots.

Somerset is a great team with a lot of talant.

Whitley wins on a FG, although remember Somerset has a kicker (or two) too.
Somerset
Jumpers will keep the turnovers down and take it to Whitley and come away with the W.
Somerset takes this one. I think we have only seen a small glimpse of the potential for this team. This group is still learning to play together and this should be the first game where Somerset has most or all of its players. Many of the offensive playmakers are sophmores and making some rookie mistakes, but that class is extremely talented and will learn to tighten up their game, especially by tournament time. Not to discount the two teams that handed them losses, but they have been missing some crucial players in every game. Either way, I think if Somerset faces Glasgow later in the year, the score will be flipped.
Somerset takes this one. I think we have only seen a small glimpse of the potential for this team. This group is still learning to play together and this should be the first game where Somerset has most or all of its players. Many of the offensive playmakers are sophmores and making some rookie mistakes, but that class is extremely talented and will learn to tighten up their game, especially by tournament time. Not to discount the two teams that handed them losses, but they have been missing some crucial players in every game. Either way, I think if Somerset faces Glasgow later in the year, the score will be flipped.
Somerset probably will win this game, but you could basically say the same thing about Whitley.
Somerset has got to quit turning the ball over. I hope our running game is better this week because our passing game isn't going to get it done. We need to pick a QB and stick with him. Turnovers are what is killing us this year. Go Luck Jumpers!

I'll take the Jumpers 28-17
Whitley Co. 29-28.
Whitley Co in a low scoring game.

14-7
somerset!
Has Somerset been in a game this year where the opposing offense was focused around a big full back? I was going back through stats and can't find one. If not, this will be a test for Somerset D-line and LBs. Good game for the Jumpers to get some experience that may payoff later, regardless of who wins.
laker20 Wrote:Has Somerset been in a game this year where the opposing offense was focused around a big full back? I was going back through stats and can't find one. If not, this will be a test for Somerset D-line and LBs. Good game for the Jumpers to get some experience that may payoff later, regardless of who wins.

I think right now the Jumpers main concern is getting the offense on track. The defense is good enough to stop anybody. The only thing I'm worried about offensively for WC is that they may be able to get 10 on the board, which based on how our offense has looked the past three weeks may be enough to win.
Should be a good game but, the Briar Jumpers will win!

Somerset - 34

Whitley Co. - 21
RoShamBo Wrote:I think right now the Jumpers main concern is getting the offense on track. The defense is good enough to stop anybody. The only thing I'm worried about offensively for WC is that they may be able to get 10 on the board, which based on how our offense has looked the past three weeks may be enough to win.

Yeah the offense has been non-existent lately.....what happended to the team that hung up 40 on WJ?

I know the D has been strong, but was just thinking that with Bryant bringing it up the middle it will involve the LB's and safeties a lot more than you've had in the past, which in turn, could have an impact on your offense. He is a big physical guy.
Somerset-28

Whitley Co.-21
As the clouds roll in, and the temps cools, you can tell it is going to be a great night for football.

I think this game is so much of a toss up it is crazy.

If Somerset can throw the ball and have some big plays it is a game they should win.

If the winds play havoc with passes and Whitley can ground it out on the ground then Whitley could win.

Both teams appear to be pretty physical and all of that put together makes for a great game.
^
True Story.
On my way out the door right now.