Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne at Paintsville 9/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins and Why
Bobcats go to 5 and 1 record with BIG win over Tigers in Apple Bowl....GO BOBCATS
BLB- Stands for Betsy Layne Big.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Bobcats go to 5 and 1 record with BIG win over Tigers in Apple Bowl....GO BOBCATS

If Spriggs is out you guys pick the score if he is in this could be a close one. All up to the KHSAA now lol. I'll see ya there.
The Bobcats will put the smack on P-ville. Jarrell will be back for a two game suspension. I look for him to put up big numbers.
Betsy Layne by 3 TD's
Betsy Layne-47
Painstivlle-20
BTW this game is on thursday night. It is the "Apple Classic" For anyone interested in attending.
Thursday game. Should be a good crowd.
I'll have to pick BL. Paintsville seems to be suffering an unproductive year.
I don't want to offend anyone but this is probably going to be a stats game for BL....
Suppose to be a 10 year reunion for the 2001 Tigers, Region 4 Champions, State Semi-Finalist team. Maybe that could light a fire under the current Tigers' asses.

As much as I'd love to see the Tigers pull this one out, I'm gonna have to go with BL by a couple TD's.
Has Been Wrote:I don't want to offend anyone but this is probably going to be a stats game for BL....

Betsy Layne is Better than Paintsville but to go that far is absolutely retarded.
BL by 4 td's
Betsy Layne by at least 3 TDs. The wheels have fallen off of the Tigers' football program.
All logical reasoning favors the Bobcats, however, my heart and soul are with the Tigers. Upset alert? How 'bout some love for these young Tigers? They will leave it on the field for sure. Unfortunately they put the ball on the field way too often.
BLHS wins!
Bobcats wins!!!!!!!!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Betsy Layne is Better than Paintsville but to go that far is absolutely retarded.

I'll apologize if I'm wrong but I have a feeling I won't be...
This will probably be the biggest crowd Paintsville has all year.... NOT because of the wonderful stadium Paintsville has or because of all their "D-1" recruits. But, because Johnson Central isn't playing. I'd say there will be more Black and Gold there than blue and white........ And the sad part is, both P-ville and BL's school colors are blue and white.

Oh, and by the way.... Paintsville even using the word 'Apple' and it dealing with football in any fashion is just wrong!
Bobcats!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:BTW this game is on thursday night. It is the "Apple Classic" For anyone interested in attending.

I bet it will be a classic.:biglmao:
Hope coach kinner and his staff get things turned around and pull off a win this Thursday.
This game should be JC vs PHS because you can't quit a rivalry game just as soon as you are no longer the dominant team. The outcome will be the same either way though, maybe not the score. BL by at least 5 scores. I don't see Red throttling back. I talked a bunch with him this spring and I believe that he is turning the team in the right direction. All I could suggest is BLUE turf!!!!! And with some more support from the BL area with money they could step up to the next level of play in EKY. C-A-T-S cats cats cats all night on this one.
I hope we do see a bunch of JC kids there supporting their friends. Good Luck and go Tigers!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This will probably be the biggest crowd Paintsville has all year.... NOT because of the wonderful stadium Paintsville has or because of all their "D-1" recruits. But, because Johnson Central isn't playing. I'd say there will be more Black and Gold there than blue and white........ And the sad part is, both P-ville and BL's school colors are blue and white.

Oh, and by the way.... Paintsville even using the word 'Apple' and it dealing with football in any fashion is just wrong!

A post like this makes johnson central's fans look terrible. Do you honestly expect a Class-A school to have a stadium like centrals? Or to get as many people to a game as central does. For the simple fact that central is around 4 times larger than paintsville so they obviously have alot more alums, and students. Not to mention money.

as for the bolded johnson central took their licks in the apple bowl and lost more than they won till matney came but those were all close games. Paintsville only truly blew out johnson central a couple of times.

http://phsaa.com/Apple%20Bowl%20History/...tory_2.htm

If you go through the actual scores of the apple bowls it becomes Painfully obvious that Paintsville won those games because of superior coaching. But even in their darkest hours central kept it close. Like I said only getting blown out 2 or 3 times. in thirty years. Then comes modern jc football in the last 5 years of the Apple Bowl JC outscored Paintsville 258-40. Compare that to centrals worst part of the series 1975-1982. Paintsville won 8 in a row but the score comparison is 155-24. Wth Paintsville having 4 shut-outs, and only allowing 6 ppg in each of the other four. If the games were close like that then there would be reason to continue the series. If there had been one game where it looked like paintsville had a chance to win after the first quarter there would be reason. What good would it do paintsville to get beat to death every year by their biggest rival. Other than to further degrade a already degraded program. And what good would it do for Johnson Central to play a gimme game against a class-a school when they need all the tough games they can get to get ready for the playoffs. Quite frankly Paintsville wanted to play a game and call it the apple classic if central wants to do it let them do it too.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:A post like this makes johnson central's fans look terrible. Do you honestly expect a Class-A school to have a stadium like centrals? Or to get as many people to a game as central does. For the simple fact that central is around 4 times larger than paintsville so they obviously have alot more alums, and students. Not to mention money.

as for the bolded johnson central took their licks in the apple bowl and lost more than they won till matney came but those were all close games. Paintsville only truly blew out johnson central a couple of times.

http://phsaa.com/Apple%20Bowl%20History/...tory_2.htm

If you go through the actual scores of the apple bowls it becomes Painfully obvious that Paintsville won those games because of superior coaching. But even in their darkest hours central kept it close. Like I said only getting blown out 2 or 3 times. in thirty years. Then comes modern jc football in the last 5 years of the Apple Bowl JC outscored Paintsville 258-40. Compare that to centrals worst part of the series 1975-1982. Paintsville won 8 in a row but the score comparison is 155-24. Wth Paintsville having 4 shut-outs, and only allowing 6 ppg in each of the other four. If the games were close like that then there would be reason to continue the series. If there had been one game where it looked like paintsville had a chance to win after the first quarter there would be reason. What good would it do paintsville to get beat to death every year by their biggest rival. Other than to further degrade a already degraded program. And what good would it do for Johnson Central to play a gimme game against a class-a school when they need all the tough games they can get to get ready for the playoffs. Quite frankly Paintsville wanted to play a game and call it the apple classic if central wants to do it let them do it too.
One, some things are deeper than surface benefits. It would benefit in many more levels than just a game to continue to play the series.

Two, I had no clue that JC wasn't involved in this event! I thought it would surely involve both teams similar to the Pike County Bowl of old.
Panther Thunder Wrote:One, some things are deeper than surface benefits. It would benefit in many more levels than just a game to continue to play the series.

Two, I had no clue that JC wasn't involved in this event! I thought it would surely involve both teams similar to the Pike County Bowl of old.

That is what Paintsville wanted to happen. Do it like the big sandy bowl and play both games at central. But The AD over at central pulled a big hell no on that idea.

I liked the Idea of central rotating Belfry and P-Burg every other year, and Paintsville rotating Magoffin, and Betsy Layne or even pikeville. That way both games would be good competitave games, with fan bases that travel well. Thus making a ton of money. Then they could split the gate 60-40 with the big schools getting the 60 and splitting, and the small schools getting the 40 and splitting it.
bobcats BIGGGG
Im gonna take BL with a running clock
Pages: 1 2