Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County 38 Middlesboro 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Middlesboro answered first taking a 7-0 lead early in the 1st quarter. Morgan County quickly answered back taking a 24-7 going in the 2nd quarter. Middlesboro scored 21 unanswered in the 2nd quarter, giving the Yellow Jackets a 28-24 halftime lead. Morgan County came out hot, and returned the opening 3rd quarter kickoff for a touchdown, with a 2 point conversion to put the Cougars up 32-28. Middlesboro couldn't get anything going offensively, Roark was pressured all night. Morgan County added 6 more, making the score 38-28. Roark found a reciever on 4th and goal and added 6 more for the Yellow Jackets, the Cougars blocked the extra point attempt. Middlesboro couldn't stop the Cougar running game. 38-34 FINAL.

2011 SORGHUM BOWL CHAMPS: MORGAN COUNTY COUGARS.
This Morgan team is the real deal! Congrats to the cougars!!
Morgan county defeats Middlesboro 38-34 in the annual Sorghum bowl. One of the biggest wins in Morgan county football history. Morgan's defense put the heat on Chase Roark all night long sacking him 6 times. #19 Walker Crase, middle linebacker for Morgan county, defensive player of the game, had 3 qb sacks, 5 solos, and 6 assists. Roark for Middlesboro was a warrior on the field, he took some shots tonight most guys wouldn't have got up from. Morgan's offense rolled with over 300 yards rushing. Fb Jordan Whitt was the MVP of the game with 2 rushing td's.
Congrats to the Cougars
Football24 Wrote:This Morgan team is the real deal! Congrats to the cougars!!

Don't get you hopes up based on beating this M'boro team. This is one of the slowest least disiplined M'boro teams in years.
Just a morgan fan dude..i can post whatever i want
Middlesboro seemed alot bigger than Morgan County tonight, but the Cougars just ran overtop of the Yellow Jackets. They couldn't stop them.
Football24 Wrote:Just a morgan fan dude..i can post whatever i want

Sorry, based on your statement, how much do you predict Morgan to win the State by?:biglmao:
Morgan County setting at 4-1, impressive. Good to see the Cougars doing well.
airball3 Wrote:Middlesboro seemed alot bigger than Morgan County tonight, but the Cougars just ran overtop of the Yellow Jackets. They couldn't stop them.

The Jackets do have some big kids. They are just slow and there's not a lot of disipline or pride in their play. Probably a lot of residual from the previous staff. If the new M'boro coach is good it may still take another year or two before he gets the culture changed, if he can ever do it. The bottom line is this is not a good M'boro team and anyone who plays them close or looses to them should be worried, really worried.
Boro will be even worst when Chase Roak is gone next year.
Roark was getting hit all night long tonight. He made some plays but he took a beating on the field tonight. #19 Walker Crase and #54 Jeff Smith put some big shots on him.
Congrats Morgan County
Congratz on the win Morgan. looks like yall are rolling.
Congrats to Morgan County..
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Morgan County setting at 4-1, impressive. Good to see the Cougars doing well.

Glad to see the Cougars get a impressive win.
Huge win for the Morgan county football program.
Congratulations Morgan County!
it will be 5-6 years before middlesboro is competing for state in either class 2A or class 1A again... the talent isnt there and the talent inside the city or local area's they use to get is going to other schools right now
Middlesboro will be challenging for state in 2 years guarantee it. Roark is the best right now but the whole team will be much better in a couple of years. Morgan Co that was not an impressive win in case you all didn't know middlesboro got 10 penaltys for nearly 80 yards compared to Morgan Cos 4.The penalties were in crucial situations like on 4th downs for middlesboro also and we had 2 Players get ejected and suspended 2 games for nothing. If Middlesboro had that game close to home they would have won by atleast 2 tds.
Nice win for the cougars!!!!!!!
Black&Yellow5 Wrote:Middlesboro will be challenging for state in 2 years guarantee it. Roark is the best right now but the whole team will be much better in a couple of years. Morgan Co that was not an impressive win in case you all didn't know middlesboro got 10 penaltys for nearly 80 yards compared to Morgan Cos 4.The penalties were in crucial situations like on 4th downs for middlesboro also and we had 2 Players get ejected and suspended 2 games for nothing. If Middlesboro had that game close to home they would have won by atleast 2 tds.
I hope you are right B&Y5. But,I do know that Harlan's 7th and 8th grade team just destroyed the Mboro 7th and 8th graders by a score of 48-14 and there was a lot of talk about the Mboro feeder program being down for the next few years. I really hope it's not true and it merely means that the Harlan feeder is doing exceptionally well.
all the athletes that should be on the 7th n 8th grade team are on the youth football team 11-12 year old team right now.. until that group and the 9-10 year old team gets into high school they will be down. the 11-12 year old team has good size and alot of speed at all positions at the skill spots with a qb that all schools in the area are trying to get to come to their school all ready.
The Cougars have gone from door mat to contenders. The coaching staff must be doing a great job. I always knew there were athletes in West Liberty. Glad these boys got the chance to prove it.
yeah their middle school isn't the greatest this year but their freshmen and sophmores are outstanding last year the 7th and 8th grade destroyed everyone they played beside williamsburg who won it all. And they hung right in with them so give it a year or two. Major Edwards, Ryan Pittman, Parker Uhl, and Jake Brock get ready to hear them names alot in a few years. We will just have to wait and see but I can about promise you nobody around here will beat them besides maybe Williamsburg.
Their JV is undefeated also this year I'm not even sure if anyone has scored on them. I know bell jv beat them in like a scrimmage barely and middlesboro didn't even play everyone though.
Blue12 Wrote:Sorry, based on your statement, how much do you predict Morgan to win the State by?:biglmao:

I don't believe Eastern Kentucky teams or Western Kentucky teams for that matter need to be worried about winning the state until the Central dynesty of Louisville is over. Louisville Central may be one of the top five teams in the state overall, but that's why the game is played.
Black&Yellow5 Wrote:Middlesboro will be challenging for state in 2 years guarantee it. Roark is the best right now but the whole team will be much better in a couple of years. Morgan Co that was not an impressive win in case you all didn't know middlesboro got 10 penaltys for nearly 80 yards compared to Morgan Cos 4.The penalties were in crucial situations like on 4th downs for middlesboro also and we had 2 Players get ejected and suspended 2 games for nothing. If Middlesboro had that game close to home they would have won by atleast 2 tds.

Hey who got the big W, way i look at it Morgan county pulled the upset off.. And Middelsboro walked away with a loss
Brutal Truth Wrote:I don't believe Eastern Kentucky teams or Western Kentucky teams for that matter need to be worried about winning the state until the Central dynesty of Louisville is over. Louisville Central may be one of the top five teams in the state overall, but that's why the game is played.

Central is 3A. Isn't Morgan 2A?
Yeah must be nice for Morgan Co I wonder how much they payed the refs. If they meet in the playoffs it'll be a repeat of last year.
Pages: 1 2