Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 46 - Lynn Camp 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the Colonels on the shut out.
After the bad 0-3 start, the Colonels are starting to get back on track
Took all their frustrations out.
Saw this coming............Congrats Whitley Co
Quarterback Nolan Daugherty was responsible for five touchdowns, including four of more than 25 yards, to lead Walton-Verona to its fourth victory of the season.

Daugherty scampered for touchdowns of 73 and 62 yards en route to a career-high 191 rushing yards (nine carries) and both of his completions (five attempts) went for touchdowns.

Nolan Brown scored on the first play from scrimmage to setup a 27-point first quarter for Walton-Verona.

Brown finished with a 109 yards on six carries to lead a Walton-Verona rushing attack that finished with 432 rushing yards.

Defense standouts Quincy Page and Corey Bennett combined for 27 tackles and a pair of forced fumbles. Bennett also had 79 rushing yards.
Carroll County 0 7 0 7 -- 14
Walton-Verona 27 7 7 7 -- 48

WV–Brown 60 run (Lussi kick)
WV–Daugherty 8 run (kick failed)
WV–Cornelison 34 pass from Daughterty (Lussi kick)
WV–Daugherty 73 run (Lussi kick)
WV–Daugherty 62 run (Lussi kick)
CC–Downs 5 run (Jack kick)
WV–Graue 25 pass from Daugherty (Lussi kick)
WV–Hendren 1 run (Lussi kick)
CC–Downs 22 passing touchdown (Newby kick)

Records: WV 4-1, CC 5-1.
LWC Wrote:Took all their frustrations out.
I would say probably not. I think Whitley showed good sportsmanship and respect by subing down quite early in this game. Hopefully, we learned some things, got better, and got some needed experience for some of the younger kids.

Good luck Lynn Camp on the rest of your season.
To be honest, Lynn Camp just couldnt even be on the same field as Whitley last night.
I seen many times in the first qtr where Bryant literally had 4 or 5 guys on his back dragging them into the endzone like they were 5 year olds.
Whitley took the starters out at halftime, which was good for LC because if Whitley wanted to they could have hung a 100 on the board. Running clock the entire second half. Complete domination, and lets get ready for Somerset this week.

And BTW good luck to the LC QB who was taken out on a stretcher. Prayers with you and your family.
I hope they have enough kids to finish the season. I wish them the best, but will be along year for the campers.
Lynn Camp is having a tough year. Congrats Whitley Co.
Is it time for a change at Lynn Camp?
I was seriously concerned if LC was going to have enough players to finish the game. I was surprised at how small LC was not just in numbers but physical size.

I know WC and LC have played for years but it is time to let this series come to a merciful end. Whitley gets absolutely nothing out of the game, and Lynn camp just gets the tar beat out of them. Did this game help prepare the Colonels for their upcoming schedule?

I will say that Lynn Camp never gave up, but did this game help them? Lynn camp has played a tough schedule, and honestly there is only one team on their schedule that should have been there, the rest should have not been. Will Lynn Camp have enough players to finish the season? Could be time for a change at Lynn Camp, 31 years is a long time to coach, and Mitchell has done a great job but wow, it was really sad to watch last night.:igiveup:
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I was seriously concerned if LC was going to have enough players to finish the game. I was surprised at how small LC was not just in numbers but physical size.

I know WC and LC have played for years but it is time to let this series come to a merciful end. Whitley gets absolutely nothing out of the game, and Lynn camp just gets the tar beat out of them. Did this game help prepare the Colonels for their upcoming schedule?

I will say that Lynn Camp never gave up, but did this game help them? Lynn camp has played a tough schedule, and honestly there is only one team on their schedule that should have been there, the rest should have not been. Will Lynn Camp have enough players to finish the season? Could be time for a change at Lynn Camp, 31 years is a long time to coach, and Mitchell has done a great job but wow, it was really sad to watch last night.:igiveup:

I agree on a couple of things.
1. The series should end and Whitley should fill Corbin in that spot.
2. Yes, mitchell neds to go at LC. EVERY single person ive ever talked to that went to LC hates mitchell with a passion.
3. Neither get anything out of it. Its a pointless game thats only there because it cheap and makes a decent gate.

Plus, Whitley has won the last 20 out of 22.
LC wouldnt have won those two had it not been for two really bad years at Whitley taking on the best teams LC has ever put on the field.
And idk if im right for sure but i believe the two have played since like 1965 every year. And 1965 was the only time LC beat Whitley at Whitley. I think Whitley has only lost to LC 1 time at home out of like 25 games, which says more than i can ever say.
Honestly I think Whitley would have gotten more out a good practice than what they got out of that game. This was by far the worst Lynn Camp team I have seen and I have been watching them for along time.

Boston Bryant could have had 500 yards rushing alone if he had gotten the carries. Austin Hooper could have had 200 yards just backing up Bryant.

I can remember when Whitley measured their season by the success they had against Lynn Camp (Sam Schaffer era). Under Campbell the Colonels only lost to LC one time but did have some good games. Jim Black has lost once but it may have been the catalyst of turning the program around.

It is time to Stop the Madness!!!
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Honestly I think Whitley would have gotten more out a good practice than what they got out of that game. This was by far the worst Lynn Camp team I have seen and I have been watching them for along time.

Boston Bryant could have had 500 yards rushing alone if he had gotten the carries. Austin Hooper could have had 200 yards just backing up Bryant.

I can remember when Whitley measured their season by the success they had against Lynn Camp (Sam Schaffer era). Under Campbell the Colonels only lost to LC one time but did have some good games. Jim Black has lost once but it may have been the catalyst of turning the program around.

It is time to Stop the Madness!!!

I agree with that.
Whitley could have broken every rushing record the state has to offer in this game if they wanted to.
Ive seen some bad LC teams over the years, but this was the worst ive seen Mitchell put on the field. Its not the players fault, they played with what they had. What they had though was 20 players and most of them could have gotten seriously injured playing a physical team like Whitley.
And Whitley lost to LC twice in Campbell's 18 years. In 89(his first year) and 05 (his last year).

Black didnt have much to go on when he lost to LC in 07.
He was trying to get a team built that could run the offense he wanted to. As far as the Schaffer era, Whitley was just beginning to have a solid foundation at that time and LC was a team that Whitley did measure thereself against, but lets remember WC was a lot small school back then, around 600 kids.
Now Whitley has over 1200 kids and IMO i think LC has gotten smaller with around 120 kids or so.
I agree with you completely that WC should end the series, but as hard as it is trying to schedule games now a days, it probably wont ever happen, and until Corbin decides they want to quit dodging Whitley, it may never happen.
Corbin wanted to play Whitley this year, but Jewell wanted a home and never play again series......LOL. Whitley wanted to play and Corbin wanted to play, but Jewell would not submit to a home and home. He wanted to avoid Whitley so badly he gave up the Pigskin to avoid having to stand up and play a local rival he had raped players from for a number of years. When Black was at Williamsburg he beat Jewell and the river of players dried up, he could not take that chance with Whitley.

Sadly I think Whitley will play Williamsburg before they play Corbin. At least Mitchell has enough guts to play where some others don't.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Corbin wanted to play Whitley this year, but Jewell wanted a home and never play again series......LOL. Whitley wanted to play and Corbin wanted to play, but Jewell would not submit to a home and home. He wanted to avoid Whitley so badly he gave up the Pigskin to avoid having to stand up and play a local rival he had raped players from for a number of years. When Black was at Williamsburg he beat Jewell and the river of players dried up, he could not take that chance with Whitley.

Sadly I think Whitley will play Williamsburg before they play Corbin. At least Mitchell has enough guts to play where some others don't.

Best Post Ever.
You seriously said it better than anyone on this subject.
Jewell just wanted Whitley to come to corbin and not return a game at Whitley. Funny thing is, they wanted to do it against the youngest Whitley team ive ever saw, and sad thing is, Whitley would probably have a field day running on that weak Corbin defense.
The whole getting players off of Whitley are so true its not funny. Even corbin fans will admit that. Personally, i dont want to see a game with Wburg ever. Its a lot like playing LC, Whitley has nothing to gain. However, Corbin is a 3A school that usually puts a somewhat decent team on the field.
Unless Jewell grows a pair and decides he wants to come to colonel stadium and let black do to him what he did to him when he was at Wburg, than its not gonna happen.
That game would have the potential of being the biggest gate in all of mountain football year after year and its a shame Corbin wont do a home-away series with Whitley.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Corbin wanted to play Whitley this year, but Jewell wanted a home and never play again series......LOL. Whitley wanted to play and Corbin wanted to play, but Jewell would not submit to a home and home. He wanted to avoid Whitley so badly he gave up the Pigskin to avoid having to stand up and play a local rival he had raped players from for a number of years. When Black was at Williamsburg he beat Jewell and the river of players dried up, he could not take that chance with Whitley.

:notbad:

This is exactly what happened. It made me lose a lot of respect for a team with a lot of tradition. I would love to see Corbin and Whitley play. I wanted that game when I was at Whitley. I always thought we didn't play because of Cotton Adams (which I totally respected), but last year Jewelled showed his true colors and the real reason why we never played Corbin.

Also, I know first hand Corbin tries to steal kids from Whitley. There were several great Corbin players that played at Whitley with RIUTG and I, when they were younger.

I really do not want to see a Williamsburg Whitley series. It really wouldn't be much different than LC. Williamsburg would probably get a win a little more often than LC does, but most of the time it would be an ugly game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Best Post Ever.
You seriously said it better than anyone on this subject.
Jewell just wanted Whitley to come to corbin and not return a game at Whitley. Funny thing is, they wanted to do it against the youngest Whitley team ive ever saw, and sad thing is, Whitley would probably have a field day running on that weak Corbin defense.
The whole getting players off of Whitley are so true its not funny. Even corbin fans will admit that. Personally, i dont want to see a game with Wburg ever. Its a lot like playing LC, Whitley has nothing to gain. However, Corbin is a 3A school that usually puts a somewhat decent team on the field.
Unless Jewell grows a pair and decides he wants to come to colonel stadium and let black do to him what he did to him when he was at Wburg, than its not gonna happen.
That game would have the potential of being the biggest gate in all of mountain football year after year and its a shame Corbin wont do a home-away series with Whitley.
What do you other Whitley fans think? I would love to see Whitley play Corbin, Bell, and Rockcastle every year. I also would like to never see them play LC again.

A few others I would like to see on there, not every year bit every few years:

Belfry
Johnson Central
Lex Cath
Somerset

Any others you guys can think of?
colonel4life Wrote::notbad:

This is exactly what happened. It made me lose a lot of respect for a team with a lot of tradition. I would love to see Corbin and Whitley play. I wanted that game when I was at Whitley. I always thought we didn't play because of Cotton Adams (which I totally respected), but last year Jewelled showed his true colors and the real reason why we never played Corbin.

Also, I know first hand Corbin tries to steal kids from Whitley. There were several great Corbin players that played at Whitley with RIUTG and I, when they were younger.

I really do not want to see a Williamsburg Whitley series. It really wouldn't be much different than LC. Williamsburg would probably get a win a little more often than LC does, but most of the time it would be an ugly game.

I think Cotton had a little to do with it to begin with but i think it was more Corbin by far.
Cotton pretty much took Corbin back to that next level in the 80's and since him, it just hasnt been pretty. Whitley being able to steal him was great and Corbin letting him go was the stupidest thing ive ever seen.
My and you both colonel had many teammates that went to Corbin and i wont get into that mess on here, but you and i both know what was "given" to them for going just about every time. Pure recruiting. Thats all it is. I know this because i was as well. I wont mention names, but lets just say a corbin "Parks director" approached me one time asking me what i "thought" about moving to Corbin since i already lived in Corbin and wanted to know "what it would take".
I think them days are long gone now, but it did happen at one point. Kids now dont care if they play for either. And hell, Whitley could probably recruit some of the Corbin kids before Corbin would get any of ours with the shape that program is in. And Corbin plays South every year, which is bigger than Whitley and have success so they cant pull that card out. I actually think South is a bigger rival than Whitley for Corbin. With that said its absurd the two arent playing.

As far as our schedule id like to see this.
Bell Co.
Rockcastle Co.
Corbin
Knox Central
South Laurel
North Laurel
*Harlan Co.
*Perry Co.
*Letcher Co.
*-District Games

All of these games are relatively close and would make for some great gates.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Cotton had a little to do with it to begin with but i think it was more Corbin by far.
Cotton pretty much took Corbin back to that next level in the 80's and since him, it just hasnt been pretty. Whitley being able to steal him was great and Corbin letting him go was the stupidest thing ive ever seen.
My and you both colonel had many teammates that went to Corbin and i wont get into that mess on here, but you and i both know what was "given" to them for going just about every time. Pure recruiting. Thats all it is. I know this because i was as well. I wont mention names, but lets just say a corbin "Parks director" approached me one time asking me what i "thought" about moving to Corbin since i already lived in Corbin and wanted to know "what it would take".
I think them days are long gone now, but it did happen at one point. Kids now dont care if they play for either. And hell, Whitley could probably recruit some of the Corbin kids before Corbin would get any of ours with the shape that program is in. And Corbin plays South every year, which is bigger than Whitley and have success so they cant pull that card out. I actually think South is a bigger rival than Whitley for Corbin. With that said its absurd the two arent playing.

As far as our schedule id like to see this.
Bell Co.
Rockcastle Co.
Corbin
Knox Central
South Laurel
North Laurel
*Harlan Co.
*Perry Co.
*Letcher Co.
*-District Games

All of these games are relatively close and would make for some great gates.
That's hillarious, I had almost the same exact conversation with a Corbin coach when we were in high school. Corbin will not get to enjoy the easiest region in the state anymore (at least for two years).

I completely forgot about Knox they should be on the schedule every year as well.
I would rather see some of the Pulaski teams than Laurel county teams JMO.
colonel4life Wrote:That's hillarious, I had almost the same exact conversation with a Corbin coach when we were in high school. Corbin will not get to enjoy the easiest region in the state anymore (at least for two years).

I completely forgot about Knox they should be on the schedule every year as well.
I would rather see some of the Pulaski teams than Laurel county teams JMO.

Money talks lol.

Yea i didnt think about Pulaski teams, but idk. Its a toss up. While the competetion would be better, i think NL and SL would make more money and be wins most years for the colonels.