Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 36 Cathedral(IN) 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity stays undefeated!
No surprise, congrats Rocks.
Congratulations Trinity!
Someone was looking for a link to the game. I wanted to post earlier but the game ended before I got the chance. Trinity games can be heard at the following link:

http://www.970wgtk.com/

Rocks roll on.

FYI, just heard another final that Cincinnati Moeller beat Cincy St. X 27-24. Trinity faces Moeller on 10/28.
Slow start, but good job representing the Commonwealth.
kybred Wrote:Someone was looking for a link to the game. I wanted to post earlier but the game ended before I got the chance. Trinity games can be heard at the following link:

http://www.970wgtk.com/

Thanks
Congrats T.

I'd like to see them play Ft Thomas Aquinas.
^ Ft. Thomas?????? I'm sure you meant St. Thomas, but since the Bluebirds are from Ft. Thomas, I'd take that game as well
St, Thomas Aquinas (Florida) is leading DE LA SALLE (CA) 27-6 with 3:00 left in a game that can be seen on ESPN2. CA football is good I don't think it is as dominating as many think.
how is trinity not no. in the nation?

have to have the most diverse (geographically) and talented schedule.
its like they made up the craziest sched. possible dominated everyone and still get like no. 7 or worse.

they would beat don bosco by 4 TDs.
kybred Wrote:FYI, just heard another final that Cincinnati Moeller beat Cincy St. X 27-24. Trinity faces Moeller on 10/28.

Moeller is a dangerous game for Trinity, especially with how the playoffs are set up in Ohio, Moeller could be playing for a 1st round home game and their defense is brutal
I posted in another thread. Unfortunately some may not see it as it has gone to page 2. That and I am still a rookie poster with my post being review (excellent feature for cleaning up the board btw). here is what I posted though.

Quote:Congrats to the Trinity Rocks. Fine football team and very deserving of their recognition. Excellent facilities for the Rocks. Hope the Rocks fans felt like my Irish put up a fight. Tough night for our usually good kicker/punter as he just wasn't kicking the ball well tonight. Our QB was making his 2nd start and made some plays here and there, definitely the biggest game of his life and he played steady.

Trinity's Quick is an excellent player. The Rocks have a terrific O-line and a terrific QB. The Trinity Defense is very good, they blanketed the WR's very well. I wish we could have given a better game in the 2nd half, but credit Trinity they played well and got things going in the 2nd half.

Best of luck on the rest of the year Rocks!
9/23/2011
Trinity 36 Cathedral 14

Cathedral (Ind.) 7 7 0 0 14
Trinity 0 14 13 9 36
Scoring summary:
C--Cureton 15 pass from Rice (Taylor kick); T--Smith 19 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick); C--Levingston 7 pass from Rice (Taylor kick); T--Quick 98 kickoff return (kick failed); T--Quick 17 pass from Wright (Shoptaw kick); T--Shoptaw 23 field goal; T--Dawkins 54 run (run failed).
Records: Cathedral 3-3, Trinity 5-0.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1YqFDCSLv
Congrats Rocks!
James Quick returned the opening kickoff of the second half 98 yards for a touchdown to give the Shamrocks a 20-14 lead, and they pulled away from there for a win on the road.
Dalyn Dawkins ran for 136 yards and two touchdowns. Quick also had a 17-yard TD recepti

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/09/23/18946...z1YqO3TAm8
Not every Trinity football game is over after the first 21 seconds. The Shamrocks, ranked as high as second nationally in one poll, don’t win by six touchdowns every night.

On Friday night, with a formidable Indianapolis Cathedral team in Marshall Stadium, Trinity gained nine yards on its first four series. The Shamrocks did not complete a pass on their first 13 snaps.

When was the last time that happened to a team that Bob Beatty coached?

The plot thickened. Three minutes into the second quarter, Cathedral led 7-0. It was 14-14 at halftime. No wonder Beatty was steamed about the sour practice his team delivered Wednesday.

“Practices like that will get you beat,” Beatty told his players.

Unless you have James Quick crackling for a remarkable 98-yard touchdown through traffic with the second-half kickoff. And Dalyn Dawkins dancing without his right shoe for the final 45 yards of his 54-yard touchdown run through the guts of the Cathedral defense.

And a collection of defenders who allowed only 77 yards, five first downs and zero points in the second half of a game Trinity won, 36-14, in front of a crowd estimated at 7,500.

That makes it a pair of wins against the strongest programs in Nashville. Two against traditional Cincinnati powers. And one against a private school that aspires to state titles in Indianapolis.

No wonder Trinity is ranked in the Top 10 in seven different national polls as the Shamrocks prepare to play St. Xavier next Friday at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.

“I’m happy with where we’re at, but I know we can play a lot better,” Quick said. “We’ve got to pick up the tempo a lot if we want to win state.”

This is how Trinity picked up the tempo against Cathedral: The Shamrocks made certain that Quick, a junior blessed with speed and uncommon balance, had his hands on the ball.

As usual, Trinity aligned Quick (left side) and Dawkins (right side) on the goal line to return the second-half kickoff. Cathedral coach Rick Streiff told his team not to kick the ball to either guy.