Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 14 Raceland 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lawrence Co. 14 Raceland 12
Something had to be interesting about the 12 that Raceland scored. Did the miss two 2 point conversions?
congrats dawgs on the victory.very wacking ending dont know what really happen.raceland is a good football team and they could of won this game.
congrats to LC
Congrats to LC on a very good win. I wasn't able to make it to this game so does anyone know detail/stats?? By my understanding on the prediction thread is that LC was suppose to lose by a couple scores.
Very physical game by both teams, they both played hard and physical tonight. Jacob Marcum senior fullback for LC carried the ball 36 times for 170 yards and a td and carried the team, and defensively for LC Jordan Wellman a junior lb had 19 tackles. Raceland was very physical for a 1A team and they ran the football really well., I was proud of both teams.
If I transfer my freshman son to Raceland in 2011 will he be eligible to play sports in 2012 . I do not plan on moving or anything but I live in Greenup County and Raceland is in Greenup County. Greenup County is a mess and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel any time soon .
One of few games I got right in the Pick'em this week.

Congrats Dawgs.
Story of this game for Raceland was 3rd and long. constantly had the bulldogs in 3rd and long and they kept getting the first down. Credit Lawrence for converting a lot of 3rd and longs. This game was a slobber knocker right to the end. Young rams have yet to play a 4 quarter game this year. Need more consistent play when district play starts next week.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:If I transfer my freshman son to Raceland in 2011 will he be eligible to play sports in 2012 . I do not plan on moving or anything but I live in Greenup County and Raceland is in Greenup County. Greenup County is a mess and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel any time soon .

If he hasn't played in a varsity game he wouldn't have to sit out. if hasn't played make sure that he doesn't.
Congrats LC
Nice to see L.C. dig down deep and get the win.
Anyone else think this score is way to close for a Small School and large county school. Either way congrats to both teams.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Anyone else think this score is way to close for a Small School and large county school. Either way congrats to both teams.
Yeah probably so.But with all the bad luck and poor officiating the Dawgs did manage to pull one out. I did not know if they could or not.:biggrin:
Who is number 45 for LC, the other Line Backer. Hes a hard hitting and aggressive player, he made a lot of key stops and plays tonight. how is Wellman doing, he didn't look fully recovered?
Mona Lisa Wrote:Who is number 45 for LC, the other Line Backer. Hes a hard hitting and aggressive player, he made a lot of key stops and plays tonight. how is Wellman doing, he didn't look fully recovered?

Didn't look the same??? He had 19 tackles and was the defensive player of the game. I think 45 is Blake Watson.
nice win dawgs...good luck raceland the rest of the way.
I'm glad to shut a few haters up, small school or not, by winning this game. I'm glad to say I'm a BULLDAWG!!!:rockon:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Anyone else think this score is way to close for a Small School and large county school. Either way congrats to both teams.
Raceland has a very good program and has benefited somewhat from the ridiculous turmoil at Greenup County. A well coached and well conditioned team will give any team a game regardless of the student body size.
I was just wondering what has happened to Raceland's Conner Messer, I haven't heard anything since the Pikeville game, is he doing ok or is he not playing. I was just wondering.
Conner is ok, just no sense in getting a kid hurt over a game. He will be back for basketball and then football next year. He's a great kid and his Dad will not take a chance on getting him hurt. We Love our football in RAM nation but love our Kids more! Thanks for asking.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Yeah probably so.But with all the bad luck and poor officiating the Dawgs did manage to pull one out. I did not know if they could or not.:biggrin:
One must read other posts in different threads to understand the content of this post. Some fans you see want to displace and or develop factors that explain a failure to achieve. Others just work hard to change. Anyway I just got to love them "Dawgs".:biggrin:

Sometimes size doesnT matter!!
It's how hard you play!!
that's right Wrote:Conner is ok, just no sense in getting a kid hurt over a game. He will be back for basketball and then football next year. He's a great kid and his Dad will not take a chance on getting him hurt. We Love our football in RAM nation but love our Kids more! Thanks for asking.

What did he do?
We had two or three chances to score. Inside the 10 yard line two or three times but couldn't punch it in. We were on the three once. Credit the bulldogs and our lack of getting the job done. Congrats to the dawgs on the win. And good luck the rest of the season.
Both teams played hard!
Congrats to Coach Cecil and the Dawgs.
Despite the craziness at the end this game was awesome as a fan of football. Both teams played their tails off and gave their respective fans something to cheer for. Raceland's quarterback Elkins along with big runningback Caudill could play for me anyday, those kids gave it 110 percent every play, very respectful. Lawrence County's Jacob Marcum had a monster game running the ball as did receiver Johnny Bowens. This team needed a game like this to get some momentum for the district. Congrats to both teams.
When the Rams had the ball in the zone and scored on what looked to be a screen,was it? Secondly was LC running a blitz cause the Rams let everybody through . Heck even their cheerleaders were open. Somebody read something cause that play was wild.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:When the Rams had the ball in the zone and scored on what looked to be a screen,was it? Secondly was LC running a blitz cause the Rams let everybody through . Heck even their cheerleaders were open. Somebody read something cause that play was wild.

Yes it was. Nice pass over the defense that was coming hard. And a nice catch and run after the catch. Great play call.
I think the with the schedule that the rams have played, they will be good to go come District play. Lawrence County played a good ballgame. I am so glad to see the Bulldogs and Rams at it again. I hope after next year we renew the contract and play from now on.
Pages: 1 2