Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Videogaming Keeps the Brain From Aging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:

Globe and Mail article stating that videogames keep the mind young and help in quick focusing on different tasks. "A body of research suggests that playing video games provides benefits similar to bilingualism in exercising the mind. Just as people fluent in two languages learn to suppress one language while speaking the other, so too are gamers adept at shutting out distractions to swiftly switch attention between different tasks. A new study of 100 university undergraduates in Toronto has found that video gamers consistently outperform their non-playing peers in a series of tricky mental tests. If they also happened to be bilingual, they were unbeatable."
Hah, thats a nice article..

If you didnt know, I think its either China or Japan - Maybe Korera who is putting a Tax/ban for the people over there toplay MMORPG's. Kind of ridiculous.

There was also talk on taxing people to play MMORPG's in America, but major controversy came up about it because of Copyright laws and things.

But I thinkin playing Games is a way to expand the brain, make it think, especiall MMORPG's like Tibia, Runscape, Diablo 2. Interacting with other people and stuff.
It's China putting a ban on them because a 14 year old murdered someone over a sword in a video game. Also, someone jumped off a cliff and died, supposedly immitating a 'Freefall Jump' on World of Warcraft. So funny how obsessed people get.

It's off-topic but there are japanese kids who sit in a large house all day and are paid to earn Gil to sell online for real money in Final Fantasy XI. I find it funny.

I know when I'm playing Quake 3 or Halo 2 I'm basicly having REM cycles my eyes move so much. Which is nice because I don't like to sleep. Smile
Yeah.
I'm trying to find that article about that.

But anyways...
I read somewhere back in the lates 80's and early 90's when D&D was big, if you lost, you actually was killed for loosing the game..
"An Ultima Online trader explores the obfuscated details of tax law in an attempt to understand the financial obligations of profit-seeking gamers. He discovers that all game items with real world market value could potentially be subject to tax law. Will the government come up with a fair and reasonable solution to the complex problem of MMORPG bartering, or will our elected officials employ their usual heavy-handed tactics to the detriment of gaming and gamers everywhere?"

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/...3001217731
thats interesting