Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Think South Floyd is overated? Think again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it is ridiculous and absurd to label the raiders as overated. Let's be honest for a minute here people.......SF has owned and I mean owned the 58TH District ever since 2000. Sure this year has seen them not dominate the conferrence but honestly everyone knows they're gonna be a tough out come tournament time. The tradition of excellence is alive and well. Talent wise they have a good big man and very capable guards who have shown they can get the job done. Sure the raiders have been inconsisitant at times but who in the 15th hasn't been? Good guard play will win you a lot of games and is essential down the stretch. South Floyd has that like it or not. Floyd County is owned by the Raiders in this current era like it or not. Sure they are not invincible but once again who is? The biggest competition for South Floyd in my opinion is themselves. It's getting that time of year and Barry Hall has this group on the same page. They're gonna make a run, you can just tell. I'm telling everybody DO NOT SLEEP ON THE RAIDERS. Remember Tubthumper told ya.Confusedleep:
i absolutley agree 100% tub
:bigeyed: You two have fun togather, I'll leave you alone.
They have won the 58th every year except 04' since the 99-00 season but it's a well known fact (like it or not) that the 58th is no doubt the traditionally weakest district in the 15th Region since 2000, with the exception of the 2001 season in which South Floyd won the region...It's just been down though since then, and not too much of a task to win...Until this season...

The only reason anybody says they're overrated is because of how big and hyped up the South Floyd fans make them out to be...They did last year, and everybody from SF promised they'd win the region with ease despite having a bad record...They didn't...This year they're 13-10 which makes it like their 5th or 6th straight 10 loss season...They're not as dominant as you like to think....

I think this thread will be fun to look at here in a few weeks...
Dont be jealous of the fan support at SF. I think its great they have a community that sticks together. If all Schools had that much school support it would be great for all schools in general. Like UK look at there fan support its great no matter how there playing and always will be just like SF. Good luck Raiders. P.S. very good thread tubthummer (MR. Sensitive Nipple) :Thumbs:
Im not arguing their support, but theres a big difference in being supportive and being cocky or arrogant
"tubthumper" Wrote:I think it is ridiculous and absurd to label the raiders as overated. Let's be honest for a minute here people.......SF has owned and I mean owned the 58TH District ever since 2000. Sure this year has seen them not dominate the conferrence but honestly everyone knows they're gonna be a tough out come tournament time. The tradition of excellence is alive and well. Talent wise they have a good big man and very capable guards who have shown they can get the job done. Sure the raiders have been inconsisitant at times but who in the 15th hasn't been? Good guard play will win you a lot of games and is essential down the stretch. South Floyd has that like it or not. Floyd County is owned by the Raiders in this current era like it or not. Sure they are not invincible but once again who is? The biggest competition for South Floyd in my opinion is themselves. It's getting that time of year and Barry Hall has this group on the same page. They're gonna make a run, you can just tell. I'm telling everybody DO NOT SLEEP ON THE RAIDERS. Remember Tubthumper told ya.Confusedleep:

If they shoot the ball like they did in the All A championship game, I wouldn't bet against them willing the 15th
They are underated after they beat P-Burg.
"alfus21" Wrote:They have won the 58th every year except 04' since the 99-00 season but it's a well known fact (like it or not) that the 58th is no doubt the traditionally weakest district in the 15th Region since 2000, with the exception of the 2001 season in which South Floyd won the region...It's just been down though since then, and not too much of a task to win...Until this season...

The only reason anybody says they're overrated is because of how big and hyped up the South Floyd fans make them out to be...They did last year, and everybody from SF promised they'd win the region with ease despite having a bad record...They didn't...This year they're 13-10 which makes it like their 5th or 6th straight 10 loss season...They're not as dominant as you like to think....

I think this thread will be fun to look at here in a few weeks...
So what your saying is the fans should't have spirit and put there team out there as the best i mean i would think every Team would want there fans to think good of them win or lose so i don't get your post there Fans are just more in to it then other schools...........
"oldcoach" Wrote:If they shoot the ball like they did in the All A championship game, I wouldn't bet against them willing the 15th
Give Ethan the ball and watch him set the net on fire...........
This team IMO has the best talent in the Region. That with the experience at the varsity level this team has could cause lot's of teams fits during the 15th Regional tournament. This is my darkhorse to win it all, the 15th region that is. They will probably get beat by 60 at the State Tournament. Boy that is scarry to be one of the favorites in the 15th and at least a 30 point underdog in the first round of the state. The talent level in the mountains is super low at the present.
if t hey can keep their heads and not act like a bunch of little punks they could go all the way, but their childish nonsense always cost them.:champ:
i agree home grown
OMG another SF thread? This stuff is getting way outta hand. But to the subject SF's a good team and will be a threat, if they get by P-burg in the District. On the other hand, way too many SF threads!
Overrated, underrated, I do not care either way, but they sure get enough "chatter" on here, but that is ok.
They are not as talented or as good as everyone trys to make them...
"Enigma" Wrote:Overrated, underrated, I do not care either way, but they sure get enough "chatter" on here, but that is ok.

Thats what this site is for
SF has a VERY BIG opsticle to overcome in the district tourney and if the get past the first round then I look for them to make a HUGE impact in the 15th region tourney. If the don't get by the first round then I look for P-Burg to be the dark horse in the regional
"-STAT-" Wrote:OMG another SF thread? This stuff is getting way outta hand. But to the subject SF's a good team and will be a threat, if they get by P-burg in the District. On the other hand, way too many SF threads!
Seems some 1 does't like SF and if thats the case man why do you read the threads abouts "SF" i mean there not saying please click me.....
imo i think that what keeps SF going is that great coaching staff.. all of them seem to have a role, Joe Marson, Brandon Gearheart and the rest of the SF staff...........
I think that the 2 Ryans, Ethan, and Justin Slone keep the Raiders going.