Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did Bert Brown make a mistake leaving PCC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did Bert Brown make a bad move on going back to Madison Central or should he of stayed at Perry Central? Looks like he left a good team to coach a team that has struggled the past 2 years.
PCC would be 3-2 or 2-3 with him coaching. JMO.
A lot of schools have talent and athleticism, however if you don't have the right coach that relates to these kids or have the right one who the kids respect then you aren't going to field a good football team whether you have a good feeder system or not.

It's apparent that Haddix was a much better fit for the Perry Central job then Brown was.
I do believe he will be out at Madison Central at the end of the year. He only has 2 wins in 2 years there (Granted that he's in the middle of his 2nd year) Granted that they've played a hard schedule. I only see them getting 1 more win and that would be against Paul Dunbar. It isn't because the talent isn't there because Madison Central has talent for every sport they play. Wins just aren't being posted, JMO
With Brown being a MC Alum, I see them giving him more than just two season to turn the program around.
^ They could do it. I didn't know he was a Madison Central alum
lol @ this thread.
Coach didn't forget how to win, Central is still in rebuilding mode, so lets give him more than 15 games. I think as an alum he deserves more time.
Does it matter if he leaves or not?

He could probably come back tomorrow and they would throw a party lol
Sad part, that is true.
im glad he left! tired of seeing a screen pass on 4th and 15
^^

lol.
I think he made the right move he got plenty of talent the school will support him and he got to move to central ky which is much better location,, 20 minutes south lexington good spot
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:im glad he left! tired of seeing a screen pass on 4th and 15

There was no screen pass on 4th and 15....

it was a designed run to Jordan Amis all night long lol
zaga_fan Wrote:There was no screen pass on 4th and 15....

it was a designed run to Jordan Amis all night long lol

sometimes lol if not that it was a screen pass lol
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:sometimes lol if not that it was a screen pass lol

I can agree with that
zaga_fan Wrote:I can agree with that

:truestory:
Not to beat Coach Brown down but they are in 100% better hands. I have never been a big fan of his coaching ability. I think Haddix is building a big time program at PCC.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Not to beat Coach Brown down but they are in 100% better hands. I have never been a big fan of his coaching ability. I think Haddix is building a big time program at PCC.

that would be nice! but i think its about to go back down after another year or two! :Sad04: lol
i dont think so, pcc just wasnt the best fit. Hes a good coach who knows his stuff very well an all, an probably the 2nd best coach pcc has ever had IMO. He cares about his players and he hates to lose. although playing for him i did question his play calling sometimes. give him a few more years and i believe he will have a winning record.

good luck coach Browne!
I thought Bert done an excellent job. I just dont think he liked having to beg kids to play. Everyone around here is going to the NBA. At least thats what they think. Bert wanted to go to a place where they liked football and kids asked the if they could play, not the coach saying "hey man will you play football?" Good luck the rest of the year Coach Browne. You Da Man!
^^^^ YES. Also, his family is in Richmond, he wanted to be closer to them, and who wouldn't want to coach their old high school? I think Browne will get it turned around up there, and in the mean time, PCC got one heck of a football coach. Win-Win IMO.
Nice move for Coach Browne going to his school he played at and PCC got a hell of a coach in Haddix, Agreed-Win-Win for Coach BB and PCC.
Quote:^^^^ YES. Also, his family is in Richmond, he wanted to be closer to them, and who wouldn't want to coach their old high school? I think Browne will get it turned around up there, and in the mean time, PCC got one heck of a football coach. Win-Win IMO.

i don't blame him, nothing like coaching football and being around your family.
Just be glad he's gone. The program is in so much better shape now.
Bert could talk with the best of them, but I sure didnt see any results from him.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Not to beat Coach Brown down but they are in 100% better hands. I have never been a big fan of his coaching ability. I think Haddix is building a big time program at PCC.

Agreed.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Just be glad he's gone. The program is in so much better shape now.
Bert could talk with the best of them, but I sure didnt see any results from him.

Disagree, look at where the program was in 2005 before he got there and look where it was in 2009 when he left. I seen it first hand.
They also stopped playing in the monster tough Lexington 4a schedule that year. As well as he walked into an absolutely LOADED team that year. Pretty sure anyone with a clipboard could of made the program look better in 01.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:They also stopped playing in the monster tough Lexington 4a schedule that year. As well as he walked into an absolutely LOADED team that year. Pretty sure anyone with a clipboard could of made the program look better in 01.

2001 was the first season out of AAAA, but in 2000 they moved into an EKY division of AAA with North Laurel, South Laurel, Clay County and Johnson Central. They got out of the Tates Creek/Dunbar/Lafayette district after 1999. In 2002, when he came the first time, he indeed had a loaded team and done pretty well with them, but they only had 1 year in the system. In 2003, Chappell had almost the exact same team minus TeWayne Willis and went 5-6, which I think is underachieving just a bit.
The last time I had a conversation with him it was a close race between the number or times he talked about how good he was and the number of times he grabbed his junk.
Pages: 1 2