Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pentagon Leaders Commend End of ‘Don’t Ask’ Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s top civilian and military leaders hailed the repeal on Tuesday of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy as a historic event, saying that allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the armed forces would preserve American values without diminishing the nation’s combat power.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said that lifting the 18-year-old ban proved that the Pentagon was honoring the nation’s core values of “equality, equal opportunity and dignity for all Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/us/pen...olicy.html
TheRealVille Wrote:WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s top civilian and military leaders hailed the repeal on Tuesday of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy as a historic event, saying that allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the armed forces would preserve American values without diminishing the nation’s combat power.
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said that lifting the 18-year-old ban proved that the Pentagon was honoring the nation’s core values of “equality, equal opportunity and dignity for all Americans.

Which reminds me of Louis Gossett Jr. and those great words of wisdom?

"All we have here is a bunch of queers and steers, and I dont see no horns".
What else could they say? Those in the military are well aware of what they can say and what they cannot say. It would be career suicide for any of them to differ in public with the commander in chief (even a weak one).
TheRealVille Wrote:WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s top civilian and military leaders hailed the repeal on Tuesday of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy as a historic event, saying that allowing gay men and lesbians to serve openly in the armed forces would preserve American values without diminishing the nation’s combat power.

That has got to be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.
Bob Seger Wrote:That has got to be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.
More homophobe. What about life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and equality for all?
TheRealVille Wrote:More homophobe. What about life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and equality for all?

That only counts when your a straight, god fearing republican Smile
Bob Seger Wrote:That has got to be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.

Where are these so called leaders from San Fransissyco?
TheRealVille Wrote:More homophobe. What about life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and equality for all?
Is homosexuality an "American value"? Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think that is what Mr. Segar was referring to. I didn't know that our forefathers were thinking of homosexuality as something we would persue as part of our life, liberty, happiness and equality in the USA.

Gee, the things you have to go through to get a compliment around here. :thanks:

What does being in the military have to do with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Nobody has a right to be in the military. There is a reason it is called "SELECTIVE" service.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Is homosexuality an "American value"? Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think that is what Mr. Segar was referring to. I didn't know that our forefathers were thinking of homosexuality as something we would persue as part of our life, liberty, happiness and equality in the USA.

Well they also wasn't thinking of freeing black people as part of our life. OR women voting. Among other things.

I think there words state exactly what they meant them to. For people to pursue there liberty and happiness.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well they also wasn't thinking of freeing black people as part of our life. OR women voting. Among other things.

I think there words state exactly what they meant them to. For people to pursue there liberty and happiness.
So we should all have the liberty to pursue whatever makes us happy? You are walking a VERY fine line. Going to work naked in the summer would be something that would make me very happy. I'd walk in the office every morning proud as a peacock. Not only would it make me happy, the ladies would be ecstatic! You got a problem with that? Even if I worked with you? OINK!

Think about it, what's the difference in me seeking happiness by exposing my glorious naked body and someone seeking happiness by being homosexual?

I just loooooove being naked. As a matter of fact, I'm naked right now! I bet you are a skinophobe.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well they also wasn't thinking of freeing black people as part of our life. OR women voting. Among other things.

The old saying comes to mind. "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.", or even better, "Never debate a fool for the audience won't know who he is."
TheRealVille Wrote:The old saying comes to mind. "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.", or even better, "Never debate a fool for the audience won't know who he is."
It is glorious TRV. "It" being my pink naked body. Lighten up dude, after all, I was born naked.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:So we should all have the liberty to pursue whatever makes us happy? You are walking a VERY fine line. Going to work naked in the summer would be something that would make me very happy. I'd walk in the office every morning proud as a peacock. Not only would it make me happy, the ladies would be ecstatic! You got a problem with that? Even if I worked with you? OINK!

Think about it, what's the difference in me seeking happiness by exposing my glorious naked body and someone seeking happiness by being homosexual?

I just loooooove being naked. As a matter of fact, I'm naked right now! I bet you are a skinophobe.

I couldn't care less you being naked in the same work place as me. Ive seen men get laughed at before.
And other than my fine line quote. What about the rest of the post?
ANd you guys would rather have ur country invaded then let let gay people fight for your freedom?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I couldn't care less you being naked in the same work place as me. Ive seen men get laughed at before.
And other than my fine line quote. What about the rest of the post?
Well, "black people" have been free for a long time, women have been voting for a while. Homosexuals can now admit their sexual preference in the military. My question is this...When can I start going to work naked without getting thrown in jail?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:ANd you guys would rather have ur country invaded then let let gay people fight for your freedom?
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with a homosexual serving in the military. They always have, and always will.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gee, the things you have to go through to get a compliment around here. :thanks:

What does being in the military have to do with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Nobody has a right to be in the military. There is a reason it is called "SELECTIVE" service.

I notice while RV and WC23 still continue this life liberty and happiness rhetoric crap, I notice they cannot dispute these facts. Kind of puts the whole arguement to rest, IMO.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:That only counts when your a straight, god fearing republican Smile

Ah, and this coming from the little kid that so proudly confides that he has accepted Jesus as his Savior not so long ago in one of these threads. Might want to read a few scriptures before you start criticizing others that will stand up for what's morally right.

What was, still is,.......... regardless of what your "Church of What's Happenin Now" may say.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, and this coming from the little kid that so proudly confides that he has accepted Jesus as his Savior not so long ago in one of these threads. Might want to read a few scriptures before you start criticizing others that will stand up for what's morally right.

What was, still is,.......... regardless of what your "Church of What's Happenin Now" may say.

I'm sure ive read more scriptures than you. Plus i don't go to church, Bunch of fake Christians for the most part.

PLus there was nothing Anti Christian about my post.
Bob Seger Wrote:I notice while RV and WC23 still continue this life liberty and happiness rhetoric crap, I notice they cannot dispute these facts. Kind of puts the whole arguement to rest, IMO.

It may be Selective service now, But there have been many ignorant laws changed over the years.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm sure ive read more scriptures than you. Plus i don't go to church, Bunch of fake Christians for the most part.

PLus there was nothing Anti Christian about my post.

Bingo!!!!Satan can recite the scriptures word for word, too.

Oh but there was junior. If you read them as you say you do, you would be very much aware how God feels about the abhorrant "unnatural act".

I really appreciate your post. This one has really spoken volumes.

"Fake???" Confirmed everything I suspected. Wind blew back in your face on this one junior.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It may be Selective service now, But there have been many ignorant laws changed over the years.

You are such a foolish foolish little kid, junior.
TheRealVille Wrote:Just because you believe in equal rights for gays, doesn't mean you are gay. Another ignorant hick. :yawn: :lame:

And you call me ignorant??? You are still not grasping the concept that it is not a right for anyone to serve in the military. It is SELECTIVE . If it were not you would have the blind, the physically handicapped, and the deaf out on the front lines. Even though they allow the mentally handicapped on this website (not mentioning names) it doesn't mean they have the right to have a gun stuck in their hands and be put out on the front lines.
Bob Seger Wrote:And you call me ignorant??? You are still not grasping the concept that it is not a right for anyone to serve in the military. It is SELECTIVE . If it were not you would have the blind, the physically handicapped, and the deaf out on the front lines. Even though they allow the mentally handicapped on this website (not mentioning names) it doesn't mean they have the right to have a gun stuck in their hands and be put out on the front lines.
It is a right, as of now though, that if you are in the military and are gay, you can be open with it. As it should be. Turning the topic around to whether it is a right to be in the military or not doesn't fly. Nobody is debating that point.
TheRealVille Wrote:It is a right, as of now though, that if you are in the military, and are gay, you can be open with it.

Well that's all just dandy aint it. You must be standing so proudly now RV. We have finally instilled that missing link of all American values. Tongueuke:You're truly a great American RV.Confusedalute:
TheRealVille Wrote:It is a right, as of now though, that if you are in the military and are gay, you can be open with it. As it should be. Turning the topic around to whether it is a right to be in the military or not doesn't fly. Nobody is debating that point.

Haha. Well , it apparent you have been watching your heros in the White House very carefully about ignoring the facts and either ignoring or twisting them around. Kudos to you RV, you're a good student.
Bob Seger Wrote:Bingo!!!!Satan can recite the scriptures word for word, too.

Oh but there was junior. If you read them as you say you do, you would be very much aware how God feels about the abhorrant "unnatural act".

I really appreciate your post. This one has really spoken volumes.

"Fake???" Confirmed everything I suspected. Wind blew back in your face on this one junior.

God also feels you shouldn't have sex before marriage. Cuss, And many other things that im sure u have done. Like judge people. :please:

Doesn't the bible say all sins are equal? Your judgment of people is beyond belief, Funny how u could call me a fake just because i couldn't care less if someone is gay or not.
Bob Seger Wrote:You are such a foolish foolish little kid, junior.

Don't get upset, You might have a stroke.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Well, "black people" have been free for a long time, women have been voting for a while. Homosexuals can now admit their sexual preference in the military. My question is this...When can I start going to work naked without getting thrown in jail?

As soon as u work from home.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5