Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are the top teams in D1 this year ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Opinions ?
Gameman Wrote:Opinions ?
8th grade - northern Pulask,farnsley and bell county. 7th- northern Pulaski, southern Pulaski and farnsley.
I'll add Lone Oak to that list, just on personal expectations & seeing them in passing tournaments. Anyone know how their season is going? Also, what about Johnson County? They made it to the state championship game in 7th grade last year. They have to be considered somewhere around the top.
I agree with most teams mentioned so far Would have to say bell and northern Pulaski are the two best teams I have seen and would say both have to be considered championship contenders.
meat loaf Wrote:8th grade - northern Pulask,farnsley and bell county. 7th- northern Pulaski, southern Pulaski and farnsley.

I think the Union Raiders have to be in the running for one of the best 8th and 7th.
Catfan56 Wrote:I think the Union Raiders have to be in the running for one of the best 8th and 7th.

Who have they beaten this year ?
Catfan09 Wrote:Who have they beaten this year ?

I am pretty sure they beat Corbin, at Corbin, by a lot. I saw them play at the Summit scrimmage and they have a great team. Should compete well in the playoffs.
That's not saying much about how good they are because I'm hear that Corbin is "HORRIBLE."
Both north and south where tenatively supposed to hook up against one another this past week. Does any one know who won either game or were they even played
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'll add Lone Oak to that list, just on personal expectations & seeing them in passing tournaments. Anyone know how their season is going? Also, what about Johnson County? They made it to the state championship game in 7th grade last year. They have to be considered somewhere around the top.
I haven't seen any 8th grade teams play other than teams from western KY but if there is a better 8th grade team than Lone Oak, WOW!!! They havent even been challenged this year. They probably could beat Mayfield's High school team, JK, but the could beat several high school teams around this area.
Big Blue 09 Wrote:I haven't seen any 8th grade teams play other than teams from western KY but if there is a better 8th grade team than Lone Oak, WOW!!! They havent even been challenged this year. They probably could beat Mayfield's High school team, JK, but the could beat several high school teams around this area.
I can tell you right now that Northern Pulaski will be a stiff challenge for Lone oak.
Lone Oak 8th Grade Team is 9-0 and their 7th grade is 8-0 and are looking really good. Both of their teams won The West Kentucky Conference which has a lot of good teams in it. They might be able to play with Northhern Pulaski but I don't think anybody else can either.
Rowan County has as good an 8th grade team as I have seen. Big, fast, and disciplined. They will be a tough out for anybody.
Roman is still defeated right?
Catfan56 Wrote:I think the Union Raiders have to be in the running for one of the best 8th and 7th.

DO NOTE THIS: The Union Raiders are actually three middle schools combined. It's crazy that they are even allowed to compete in the Ky middle school playoffs.
So, are they a tough team? Of course. Who wouldn't be if they combined three schools and fielded three different level of teams
Include East Hardin in discussion with Athletic multiple tool QB
Wow! Union is three teams combined? Are they even a middle school? or a rec league/youth team? It states on their website they are not affiliated with Boone County Schools, so how are they competing in the playoffs?
Bell Co 8th grade has to be mentioned in the mix!!
What about barren county
Has bell played rowan or north pulaski yet.
They scrimmages n Pulaski before season started. Them and north were very evenly matched!
Northern Pulaski by a land slide. Everyone else is playing for second:notworthy
I am very surprised no one from the seventh grade runnerups last yr have not rang in on this they went down and scored 7 on north in the state final but have heard no one bragging or even saying show us some love . Johnson county if still intact should be a very tough playoff match up for any one
I will chime in for Johnson County. Both the 8th and 7th grad squads will be tough matchups in the playoffs.

The 8th grade squad is basically intact, minus a key player in the backfield who moved to West Virginia. They are the #1 seed in their conference playoffs which starts Saturday.

The 7th grade group is a scrappy bunch that has the potential to make another run at the title game again this season. This team has more speed than last year but is not as big up front. They are 5-2 against 8th grade teams and undefeated against 7th grade competition. They are the only 7th grade team in their conference and finished as the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Take it for what it's worth but we are very excited for the playoffs to start.
Johnson Countys still defeated I would presume. Who have you guys beatin up on this season
Boyd Co. has a great team.
Boyd Co a good team
Boyd has already played and beaten Johnson this year.
Boyd Bell East HARDIN AND SOUTH PULASKI AS WELL AS THE LOSER OF BARREN AND N PULASKI ARE ALL GONE NOW ANY NEW TEAMS TO BE MENTIONED
I think Whitley has to be mentioned now as one of the better teams in Region 4 and might be the favorite to represent the region in the state semifinals
Pages: 1 2