Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Indianapolis Cathedral, IN at Trinity (Louisville) 9/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and Why?
I think Trinity takes this one big. I'm afraid we've seen the closest anyone will be getting to the Rocks this season.
trinity!
Cathederal has already lost to 2 top 10 teams in Indiana 5A, and neither IMO are close to the Rocks. Trinity should make this game over by halftime
Trinity is definitely the solid favorite in this game but I doubt that the game will be over by halftime. Cathedral plays one of the toughest schedules in the country for a school its size and it rarely gets blown out. They lost by 3 to both Ben Davis and Warren Central but have beaten Centerville, OH, and Bishop Chatard and still have Moeller ahead of them.

Trinity is the only Kentucky school that plays as good a schedule as Cathedral and Cathedral plays the same kind of schedule every year and has collected 8 state titles for its efforts.
Rocks win, 38-10.
I'm thinking Trinity by 2 scores. Cathedral is a pretty good team, hung with Warren Central, whose offense is comparable to Trinity's and Cathedral has played a pretty tough schedule too.
Trinity 31
Cathedral 7

Will be a good game with T pulling away late.
Trinity 42-10.
Trinity takes this one. 34-14
trinty 42-7
Trinity 20-10
Trinity by a couple of TDs.
Cathedral is in Indiana Class 4A with about 1300 students co-ed, the largest class in Indiana is Class 5A. Cathedral did lose in Overtime to Ben Davis Week 1 by 3 points, and to Warren Central by 3 points. Ben Davis is a Class 5A school with 4500 students and is a 7 time Class 5A State Champion , they also were named National Champions by a few publications in 1991. Warren Central is a Class 5A school with 3,820 students and is a 7 time Class 5A State Champion, they won 4 back to back State Championships from 2003 to 2006. Both Warren Central and Ben Davis are in the same conference which is a Super Conference.

Warren Central this year has 7 senior starters on their Defense that will be playing Division 1 College football next year and 2 junior starters that will be going to Division 1 colleges the following year. They also have about 3 players Offensively that will be playing Division 1 college football link: http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2011/preview...apolis,_IN)

Cathedral is 3-2 right now. Their losses: Indiana 5A Ben Davis 24-21 in OT, Indiana 5A Warren Central 27-24. Their wins: Ohio D-1 Centerville (OH) 34-17, Indiana 3A Bishop Chatard 21-14, Indiana 4A Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger 42-3. Bishop Chatard is Cathedral's rival and the schools are located about 2 miles apart, that was also the game after they played Centerville on Monday (Labor Day at OSU). Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger is the team Cathedral defeated in last years 4A State Championship. Cathedral also usually plays Cincinnati St. Xavier in week 3, but this year the Herbie Classic placed Cathedral against Centerville and St. Xavier against Pickerington Central. Here is the year by year schedule for Cathedral from 1994 to present: http://pastfb.homestead.com/past132.htm

I hope for a safe game between the 2 schools and hopefully a continued cross-state rivalry like we have formed with St. Xavier (OH). I hope my Irish compete very well and put up a good fight, and don't have the Trinity starters out by halftime. Trinity will be a tough team and the Irish have to bring their A game.
^Welcome to Bluegrass Rivals. That was an excellent overview of Cathedral's outstanding football program. I think that this game is the biggest challenge left on Trinity's schedule this season because it comes off such a big win last week.
Thank you for the welcome. I just wanted to add some information, sometimes it is difficult getting information when you play out of State teams. The top dog teams in Indiana this year are Warren Central and Carmel both Indiana 5A schools. Ben Davis is right on their heels. Then you have Hamilton Southeastern and Avon all in 5A. Warren Central, Carmel, and Ben Davis all play in the same conference the MIC.

Cathedral's big contenders in 4A will be Evansville F.J. Reitz, New Palestine, Columbus East, East Central, and Roncalli. All of those teams are in the South bracket come tournament time. The games Cathedral has left on their schedule after Trinity are: Indiana 5A Fort Wayne Snider, Indiana 5A Arsenal Tech, and Ohio Div-1 Moeller.
Is there a place we can go online to watch or listen to this game?
Thanks and GO IRISH!!