Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County's Belly Up offense: Can it be stopped?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its gonna be a blood bath in Stanton this friday against Estill. Do you think the engineers can handle the belly up offense and take the win?Tongueirate04:
if they actually play a good team it will be stopped lol
i think it can, once they play someone who is actually better then they are:eyeroll:
I'm actually happy to see Powell get some in the W column.

I saw them play a few years from probably 03-08 and from what I can recall they were whipping boys then.
what class are they in? 1/2 A? lol
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:what class are they in? 1/2 A? lol

They are in class 3A
BHS78 Wrote:They are in class 3A

i didnt even know they had a team till this year lol
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:what class are they in? 1/2 A? lol

Still in 3A.

Undefeated and their opponents have a combined 9-8 record so far. Not great but not horrible.
whats thier schedule?
Im sure pike central and all the others think they are somebody
Leslie co, Pike central, Lewis co, and Madison Southern are the teams they've played so far.
Night_time Wrote:Leslie co, Pike central, Lewis co, and Madison Southern are the teams they've played so far.

they lost any games yet?
pirate fanatic Wrote:Im sure pike central and all the others think they are somebody

what about Garrard County? They return everyone from last year's team. That Hayes kid can flat out fly
I think it will be stopped in a couple of weeks when they play Garrard Co.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they lost any games yet?

They are 4-0 right now.
laker20 Wrote:I think it will be stopped in a couple of weeks when they play Garrard Co.

I agree, maybe not about stopping their offense, but I think Garrard will give them their first L.
Who has Garrard played this year?
Football24 Wrote:Who has Garrard played this year?

Clay County (1-4) 40-38 (W)

@ Danville (4-1) 22-14 (L)

@ Lloyd Memorial (2-3) 38-0 (W)

@ Lincoln County (0-5) 35-25 (W)
BHS78 Wrote:They are 4-0 right now.
they should probably play a good team if they want to be reconized!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they should probably play a good team if they want to be reconized!
Irregardless of what you might think, Pike Central (whom they played and beat 38-34) is a good team. So apparently, there is something to this Powell County team. Are they world-beaters? Doubtfully. But then again, I haven't seen them play in person.
PHSForever Wrote:Irregardless of what you might think, Pike Central (whom they played and beat 38-34) is a good team. So apparently, there is something to this Powell County team. Are they world-beaters? Doubtfully. But then again, I haven't seen them play in person.

pike is a decent team!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they should probably play a good team if they want to be reconized!

I recall watching Powell play at Powell in 04 and the opposing team was up 24-0 3 minutes into the game and already subbing heavily.

4-0 this year is a big jump from getting beat like a drum like they have in the past.
What do they run?
Your teams schedule isn't much better as far as records go. 26 - 19. We are not as big as a school as you all. You have a lot more kids to choose from. I know you all play some good teams like Rock, Johnson, Harlan, & Knox but we are 3A. We play a 3A schedule.
We beefed up our schedule a lot from recent years. All of our opponents record as of right now is 23 - 19.... 5 of the teams are district foes...Can't do anything about playing them. We picked up a very good Pike Central team (3-1) and Fairview (4-0) will probably be undefeated when we play them. Leslie is 3-1, Lewis is 2-2, & Madison Southern is the only non-district opponent with a losing record & they are 5A. So it sounds like to me that we have a really good schedule. Why would you kick a team that has been down for so long? People should be behind a team that is showing some promise. Keep up the good work Pirates! I am extremely proud of your accomplishments!TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:We beefed up our schedule a lot from recent years. All of our opponents record as of right now is 23 - 19.... 5 of the teams are district foes...Can't do anything about playing them. We picked up a very good Pike Central team (3-1) and Fairview (4-0) will probably be undefeated when we play them. Leslie is 3-1, Lewis is 2-2, & Madison Southern is the only non-district opponent with a losing record & they are 5A. So it sounds like to me that we have a really good schedule. Why would you kick a team that has been down for so long? People should be behind a team that is showing some promise. Keep up the good work Pirates! I am extremely proud of your accomplishments!TongueirateSho

they still suck!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they still suck!

Please share who your team is so we can degrade them if need be. :argue:
Real Badman Wrote:What do they run?
We run the "Belly". It's ran right up the gut.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they still suck!
Real mature.
Midee1 Wrote:Please share who your team is so we can degrade them if need be. :argue:
He is a Perry County Fan. Not sure why he spews all this venom. He must have had his feelings or something hurt form someone that lives in Powell. I'm just saying.
blitz43 Wrote:He is a Perry County Fan. Not sure why he spews all this venom. He must have had his feelings or something hurt form someone that lives in Powell. I'm just saying.

Oh, I forgot. Yeah, we ALL should know that Perry County INVENTED football.

:oooo:
Pages: 1 2 3