Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WWE Night Of Champions PPV Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WWE Championship
John Cena def. Alberto Del Rio © = New Champ

World Heavyweight Championship
Mark Henry def. Randy Orton © = New Champ

US Championship
Winner - Dolph Ziggler = New Champ

Divas Championship
Kelly Kelly © def. Beth Phoenix

Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes © def. Ted DiBiase

WWE Tag Team Championship
Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne © def. The Miz & R-Truth by DQ

No DQ
Triple H def. CM Punk via Kevin Nash interference

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions
This PPV was horrible.

Everything was good up until the last 3 matches.

Kelly Kelly beats Beth Phoenix...again = Dumb.

John Cena beats Alberto Del Rio...wins yet another useless championship = Dumb.

Triple H buries everybody...and still wins the match = Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Honestly, the best part of this whole show was freakin' Mark Henry's title win.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but he's been pretty awesome these pass few month.
J-Rod Wrote:This PPV was horrible.

Everything was good up until the last 3 matches.

Kelly Kelly beats Beth Phoenix...again = Dumb.

John Cena beats Alberto Del Rio...wins yet another useless championship = Dumb.

Triple H buries everybody...and still wins the match = Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Honestly, the best part of this whole show was freakin' Mark Henry's title win.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but he's been pretty awesome these pass few month.

what do you mean "buried people"?

He's been running over people with ease
CM Punk needed to win this match, but as usual Triple H's ego gets the best of him and he set himself up to win.

But in the process, he took out Punk, he took out Nash, he took out Truth or Miz not sure which...he destroyed the whole main event scene on Raw in just 5 minutes.

CM Punk had major momentum heading into to this match and Triple H just killed it with 1 Pedigree and a 1...2...3...

Punk probably be back to mid-card status now, while we get Triple H/Kevin Nash Hell in a Cell (Part 2)

And honestly, who would wanna see that?
there's gonna be a Triple H/Kevin Nash hell in a cell?

I'm a Triple H fan so I also like seeing him win
Triple H will go down as one of the best wrestlers of all time, no doubt.

He's still good at it, but sometimes he just kills everyone's momentum.

Just read this article:

http://www.lopforums.com/entry.php/956-B...o-is-1-%29

It's likely they'll probably face off inside Hell in a Cell, John Laurinaitis was trying to set up Triple H by having Nash come out and take out Triple H, but I guess Nash's "heat" with Punk caused him to go after him too. Nash powerbombed Punk and went back after HHH. HHH nailed him with a sledgehammer.

Laurinaitis probably felt as tho if HHH lost, he'd be next in line for the COO.
I can't stand Laurinaitis
I didn't see the ppv, so I can't really comment on the matches. Based on what I've read, it sounds like typical wwe stuff with the exception of Mark Henry winning the belt. Probably a reward for Henry for his long time service to the company. Most guys seem to get the belt if they can hang on long enough. In regards to Del Rio losing, I think there has always been a glass ceiling in the WWE/F when it comes to guys getting to the next level. Personally, I have never seen Del Rio as a long term champion and having Cena win the title is a logical move, in my opinion. I would like to see Cena retain the belt through Wrestlemania in order to make it a title match with the Rock. Common ideology would suggest that Rock vs. Cena doesn't need a title to make it a worthwhile match, but I just think that match overshadows almost everything else that will be going on, minus the Undertaker's streak, and having a WWE title match with anyone but Rock and Cena would be a match that just gets lost in the shuffle. Again, just my opinion.

As for HHH beating Punk and everyone else, I think it is pretty good booking to have HHH look as strong as possible, so that when Punk beats him, and I feel confident in saying that he will, it will elevate Punk into that next level in the WWE pecking order. For Punk to beat HHH, last night at a nothing meaningful PPV would have been predictable and would not have done as much to move Punk up as it will now that HHH has screwed Punk over and, apparently, beat up the whole company in the process.
I will watch the PPV last night, but everything that happened as we expected. I thought there was no way that they would give the win to Punk. The WWE just does not get it. The value of putting Punk over HHH could have made Punk into a superstar. Instead, the WWE goes with the predictable finish of having HHH go over and completely killing another potential superstar. In 6 months, we will think of CM Punk as nothing more than a mid-card guy that the WWE dropped the ball on. If Punk wins, HHH loses NOTHING. But if Punk wins, then everyone begins to believe that Punk is a legitimate superstar, a character credible to main event and carry a title. Instead, we get HHH and his ego staying at the top and keeping the rest of the talent below his feet. JUST STUPID booking!

As for Cena, I think the WWE missed it again. Keeping the title on a heel is flat out good for business! Keep Del-Rio as the weasle and let Cena get cheated out of his rightful title! That will only draw more heat on Del-Rio, prompting all of the Cena fans to clamor for another rematch until their hero gets the title back. That's the way professional wrestling has worked forever, but the WWE and their short-sighted quest for ratings has completely missed it again!

Uggghhh!

Kelly Kelly can acutally beat Phoenix? Is there anyone who really beleives that can happen? Good lord!

Mark Henry is the rightful guy to come out with the title. I'd actually like to see Orton move on to another feud and step away from the title for a while (maybe stay away from a title match until Wrestlemania). I'd like to see Henry feud with Sheamus and eventually a heel vs. heel match-up with the whiney Chrsitian. But, what we will see at Hell in the Cell is Orton get the title back from Henry and another promising opportunity to create a superstar in Henry will be wasted!
who does the booking for WWE?
^ A whole team - but the final say is Vince, HHH and Stephanie. So basically, it was HHH that booked his own win.
^ They need to get some new people in there that can actually make good matches
^ No, the bookers and writers are quality people - but when every week all the ideas are changed by Vince/HHH then why even have all of that staff.
^ Well that's true. They need to do something because it's old seeing Cena win the belt for about the 500th time, tired of seeing kelly kelly (even tho she's smokin hot) beat Phoenix (coulnd't happen in real life). I'd like to see a match between Kevin Nash and CM Punk but they'd probably give Nash the W
^ What do you think the nearly crippled Nash could do in the ring?
^ Nothing but you know how they've been doing Punk so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a match between the 2 and give the W to Nash
So pretty much, Punk & Cena had a freakin' awesome 2 month feud over the WWE Championship, best thing they've done in years.

Punk drops title to Del Rio, who goes on to drop the title back to Cena.

While Punk feuds with HHH/Nash and losses.

Basically what I'm saying is everything they did the past 2 months or so with Punk/Cena & Del Rio is all for not.

Only HHH & Nash were the one's to come out the strongest, which is a bunch of crap IMO.
I may be missing the boat here, but I still think Punk will beat HHH, probably at Survivor Series or at a more meaningful pay per view. While last night's finish may not have been a popular one, I still think it will make it that much more meaningul when Punk does beat HHH. HHH, like him or not, has made alot of money in this business and I think he realizes the value in Punk and wants to try to drag it out for another couple of months to put Punk over huge and make him an elite level star and make it mean even more. I could be completly wrong, but I can see that happening.
With all the rumors going around at Survivor Series The Rock & John Cena are going to team up with CM Punk/Sheamus & someone else against Del Rio and a bunch of other heels.

They are banking Survivor Series on that match, a 5 on 5 traditional Survivor Series match.

I got a feeling the undercard for Survivor Series will be pretty lackluster if they are going all in on that tag team match.
J-Rod Wrote:With all the rumors going around at Survivor Series The Rock & John Cena are going to team up with CM Punk/Sheamus & someone else against Del Rio and a bunch of other heels.

They are banking Survivor Series on that match, a 5 on 5 traditional Survivor Series match.

I got a feeling the undercard for Survivor Series will be pretty lackluster if they are going all in on that tag team match.

That is a huge mistake if they do that. That kind of stuff worked back in the 80s when, literally, everyone on the roster was a star, but they are far from having that type of talent now. Punk vs. HHH needs to happen on that card
I love that Mark Henry won the belt.
I can't stand Triple H. I would love him if he'd put his ego aside.