Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne 9/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First district game for both... thoughts/predictions?

I don't expect Garner or Jamerson to play yet again, but I'll still take Prestonsburg by a running clock.
Before the season started, Red predicted on the Sports Guys Talk Show that Betsy Layne would go into this game with a 4-0 record and beat Prestonsburg. Well, Betsy Layne is 4-0, and you have to give them credit for that. Now comes the hardest part: Beating Prestonsburg. Can Betsy Layne do it? I can't wait to see this one.
I am looking forward to watching this game friday night..
Betsy Layne by less than 6
I like Red. Good guy. But the Blackcats win this and it won't be close. Running clock...

Prestonsburg played a team every bit as good as, if not better than, Betsy Layne last night at Casey County. And without Jamerson, Garner, and Anderson the Blackcats STILL put 60 on the board.

Derossett won't embarass BL, because he coached there a zillion years ago. But he will get to a running clock early and sub heavily after that.
Stardust Wrote:Betsy Layne by less than 6

Your opinion is your right, however Betsy Layne is years behind Prestonsburg in football.
Prestonsburg wins first district game in a run away victory.
I think Betsy Layne has the athletes to hang with Prestonsburg for a while, but they lack the fundamentals to win. Coaching will be the difference in this game. Prestonsburg by as many as they want...
Will Jarrell play in this game?
this isn't last years Betsy Layne team, These boys came a long way. They are use to winning and they are ready fo P-Burg. It's going to be a game of D-Fence.. that the Bobcats has look at teir PA stats. I think the Bobcats win by 14
Bobcats will win their first district game and remain undeafeated. These boys are going to have a great season..And I see these boys going back to the playoffs
bluegrassbrawler Wrote:I think Betsy Layne has the athletes to hang with Prestonsburg for a while, but they lack the fundamentals to win. Coaching will be the difference in this game. Prestonsburg by as many as they want...

I will probably be called an asshole again for this, but I don't care because it is my opinion. I think Betsy Layne has really good athletes as does Prestonsburg. I think Red has done a great job at BL. People don't give them or him enough credit for their 4-0 start because people say they haven't beat anybody, but when Red took over the program they couldn't beat these same teams. So, they have improved a lot. With that being said, the difference in the game IMO will be the coaching. Red went to BL so he was not taught the fundamentals of the game as most BL players were not. I think Red is a good fit for BL because he will not use the program as a stepping stone like most people would. He obviously works hard and is BL through and through. I will be rooting for BL as I do every week, but I think Prestonsburg will win. Go Bobcats.
This week is the week Betsy Layne has been waiting for all year! That said this friday night on the hill in good ol Stanville Ky it will be a battle to watch it will be hard hitting smash mouth football!! anyone can win this game i know p-burg has history and BL dont but this is BL dream season and its all coming together GO BOBCATS:redboxer:
I am so proud of what the Bobcats have done! I am as proud of each and every player that takes to that field that wears the Bobcat Jersey! Im proud of the players that these young men have become. Some may think I have no right or opinion to post for BL... and thats ok. I still have a connection to these young men! Leave it all on the field boys... set the tone of the game with the first hit on the opening kick off! I know you can feel it and taste it... Make all of us OLD BOBCATS PROUD!!!! GO BLUE!! GO BOBCATS!!!
this don't have anything to do with this game but who won the Prestonsburg/Casey County Game? KHSAA has no score
60-34 Pburg.
^ is that the casey county game or prediction score for this game?
Casey Co.
^ Thx
No jarrell will not be playing
Betsy Layne Doesn't have the talent in this one but they do have the heart. I gotta pull for the Bobcats and my Little Cousin Blake Spencer. Go get em bobcats. I'll be there pullin for you.

BL-21 P-Burg-20
Guys and poeple who know these boys. This is the same gruop that has played togather minus a few that went to other schools since grade school. And saying that the histroy and the growth of winning is here with these young men.. It's going to be a battle and it's going to be smashmouth Football... All better be there it's going to be the game to watch this week. Hope it gets some live coverage hopefully poeple can set at home and watch a team other than Belfry,or Pikeville play on local cable live... Still yet I'll be in the crowd of a soldout game cheering my son on and those undefeated Bobcats....

GO BLUE!!!GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!FIGHT
Pburg big, but Betsy Layne will have a good year.
Stardust Wrote:Betsy Layne by less than 6

i think stardust smoked to much dust on this one,jk
nedd to findout for sure on jarrell will know for sure tomorrow evening !!!!!
Love to see Parsons and the Bobcats pull it off at home but It just isnt going to happen.

Prestonsburg-36
Betsy Layne-14
Pburg has a lot of injuries and bl has a lot of heart and is very pumped for this game, however i believe when the final horn blows we will see a pburg win and a score of something like 45-12
With Anderson, Jamerson, and Garner in the lineup this one is a running clock before half time. Without them, it will be a decent game but I see P-burg on the winning side in this one.
Having "heart" doesn't mean getting pumped up at game time, it means lifting and conditioning in December and every subsequent day. With that in mind, P-burg has as much if not more than most teams in the region.
54-18 Blackcats
LOL at the people who actually think Betsy Layne has a shot in this game! This one is over in the first quarter. Pburg could play their JV and make it a good game.

If Garner and Jamerson play:

Pburg- 56
Betsy Layne- 13

If they don't (IMO they shouldn't):

Pburg- 35
Betsy Layne- 16

Hail Blackcats!
Pages: 1 2 3 4