Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 69 Allen Central 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Congrats Pirates
Congrats to Belfry. Sounds like AC gave them a run for there money
Belfry's top 2 leading scorers out but the rest stepped up huge.

AC looked young.
Congrats Belfry!
Belfry won w/o its superstars.. good job pirates!
When I 1st looked at this thread on the list I was surprised with the score. But now I read that Belfy's allstars where out, I don't understand how they even won. AC has been playin good ball as of late.
Belfry did a great job! Team ball :Cheerlead Seems like we had quite a nice lead during the first half too.
Congrats Pirates...
Congrats Pirates on stepping up, without the help of matt and jamie....
Way to go Belfry, Allen Central could suprise someone this time of the season.
Congrats to Coach Casey and the Belfry Pirates. It was nice to see a team playing as a team!! Good Job!!
congrats belfry
Write this down,,,AC will be in the regional tourney
Write this down: , (comma) isn't a . (period) lol
Congrats to belfry.
Good game Pirates, I couldn't be there, does anyone have any stats, I bet Bowman had a big game... He has improved 500% over the past 2 seasons, they have to start working him more into the offense... I think he is one of the top big men in the region...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Good game Pirates, I couldn't be there, does anyone have any stats, I bet Bowman had a big game... He has improved 500% over the past 2 seasons, they have to start working him more into the offense... I think he is one of the top big men in the region...

It was a good team game.

Bowman had 16 points, 12 rebounds
Brodie Reed had 15 points
Dustin May had 14 points
Chad Steele had 10 points, 10 rebounds
Justin Steele added 8

They shot 22 of 56 from the floor and 17/27 free throws

It looks like there are some players from Belfyr that can score when given the chance.:big grin:
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:It was a good team game.

Bowman had 16 points, 12 rebounds
Brodie Reed had 15 points
Dustin May had 14 points
Chad Steele had 10 points, 10 rebounds
Justin Steele added 8

They shot 22 of 56 from the floor and 17/27 free throws

It looks like there are some players from Belfyr that can score when given the chance.:big grin:

They really are some good players on this Belfry team, I think Coach Casey has to get Brodie more involved in the line up also he is a good player...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:They really are some good players on this Belfry team, I think Coach Casey has to get Brodie more involved in the line up also he is a good player...

It was a nice, more controlled type of game than usual, IMO.

I enjoyed watching it last night. A couple of the guys that aren't use to playing a full 4 quarters showed a little fatigue at the end, which is typical when you average 10-12 minutes of playing time a game. They need to work on making less turnovers.

There is a ton of talent there. Justin Steele hustles non-stop.
I like both the Steele kids, too. Both are hustlers.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:It was a nice, more controlled type of game than usual, IMO.

I enjoyed watching it last night. A couple of the guys that aren't use to playing a full 4 quarters showed a little fatigue at the end, which is typical when you average 10-12 minutes of playing time a game. They need to work on making less turnovers.

There is a ton of talent there. Justin Steele hustles non-stop.

Talent is level is the best it has been since 2000 and its shaping up to look like the early 90's, and have you seen the frosh class? I was a little dissappointed that Andrew Elkins didn't get any PT last night but when he does boy he is going to be a very special player along with a couple other frosh.

Is the older Steele a JR?

I wouldn't be suprised to see a strating lineup next year to look like this:

Steele - JR
Case - SR
May - JR
Reed - SR
Steele - SR

With a bench of

Warren - SR
Elkins - Soph
Copley - Soph
Burgraff - Soph
Lee - Soph
Colemen - Soph

Thats a team with a lot of youth and experience.........like 90, 91, and 92:omg:
"NEXT" Wrote:Talent is level is the best it has been since 2000 and its shaping up to look like the early 90's, and have you seen the frosh class? I was a little dissappointed that Andrew Elkins didn't get any PT last night but when he does boy he is going to be a very special player along with a couple other frosh.

Is the older Steele a JR?

I wouldn't be suprised to see a strating lineup next year to look like this:

Steele - JR
Case - SR
May - JR
Reed - SR
Steele - SR

With a bench of

Warren - SR
Elkins - Soph
Copley - Soph
Burgraff - Soph
Lee - Soph
Colemen - Soph

Thats a team with a lot of youth and experience.........like 90, 91, and 92:omg:

I agree!! Chad is a Jr. this year. The next few years look very promising for the Pirate BBall program. It does remind me of those years NEXT!
And the good thing about that is that "success brings success".....the more that the program keeps improving--the more young men/boys will want to play....this could be the beginning of a new era of belfry basketball...and this success will also mean good things for the middle school program.
congrats pirates good win
Great win Pirates!

:wenumber1
"Dream_Weaver" Wrote:And the good thing about that is that "success brings success".....the more that the program keeps improving--the more young men/boys will want to play....this could be the beginning of a new era of belfry basketball...and this success will also mean good things for the middle school program.

You are exactly right. Thats why everyone wants to Play football for Belfry...
Congrats Pirates
Congrats Belfry....but if I'm not mistaken I think AC did have the lead once in the 4th quarter....
WTG Pirates !!!!!!!
"cheer_girl" Wrote:Congrats Belfry....but if I'm not mistaken I think AC did have the lead once in the 4th quarter....

What does that have ot do with anything???
Pages: 1 2