Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Rowan County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
who wins?
The kittens may put up 100 on the Vikings.

Only question is does Ashland suffer a little bit of a let down after three big games in a row.
I think whoever wins this game is Top 10 worthy in 4A.

There aren't really any games to use as a measuring stick. IMO this comes down to Rowan's Defense or lack of Defense. Should be a very good game.
The Tomcats will win this one easily. Our offense is no match for Rowan's horrible defense. My Tomcats are on a mission this year.
Ashland
Tomcat Pride Wrote:The Tomcats will win this one easily. Our offense is no match for Rowan's horrible defense. My Tomcats are on a mission this year.

I can't say I disagree, but is your defense any match for Rowan's offense? This could really come down to turnovers and # of possessions.
Rowan in a very close, very high scoring game. one thing for sure who ever wins will be the favorite to win the district
#1vikingfan Wrote:Rowan in a very close, very high scoring game. one thing for sure who ever wins will be the favorite to win the district

This could be an offensive shootout. Ashalnd in a close one.

You are new to playing in this area and will learn quick the title goes through JC.
Ashland fans have not seen Rowan play in several years. They are not a familiar opponent. Just becuase they beat Ironton means nothing. To this point the only games that could come close to duplicate the diversity that Rowan will bring to the table would be GW and Raceland. That being said this is a new week with a new foe. One that will help Ashland is the fact that #80 has his cast off and he is part of a front four that are really playing well. He bookends that group with #74 to give Ashland two big athletic ends to rush the qb and the interior lineman #70 & #71 can really stuff the inside run game. It will be fun to watch.
MonsterMan Wrote:This could be an offensive shootout. Ashalnd in a close one.

You are new to playing in this area and will learn quick the title goes through JC.
jc is over rated and too one demimensional, will lose to both ashland and rowan. they are just not as good as last year.
Ashland 100
Rowan 99
I'm going to take the Vikings.
I expect that Ashland will win easily. I hope that Rowan County will win easily.
Ashland
With Rowan County's Phillip Hodge (Senior WR) out, Keonta Moore nose tackle out and if Stephen Williamson is out due to the ankle injury I would have to go with Ashland. To many playmakers out to keep Ashland down. I dont think Rowan will just let Ashland come in and just beat on them, to much heart. But we need our playmakers in this game. Hope for the best.
This game will boil down to who has the most heart, and who can play through adversity best. I think Rowan has the edge in this because in 4 of the 5 wins, they had to tighten their belts and bow up and get the job done. Going to be a great game next friday night
Ashland has the total package through game 5. Very tough Defense an a spread offense that hasn't even peaked yet. When they reach full stride they'll be hard to stop. I don't look for rowan To be able to score like they have been on Ashlands Stingy Defense.
#1vikingfan Wrote:jc is over rated and too one demimensional, will lose to both ashland and rowan. they are just not as good as last year.

Again Ashland in a close one. You have to beat them first. After you are through with Ashland we will look forward to watching you play one demensional. I would worry about Ashland first. Welcome to a tough area to play in. Fancy will not work here, just smashmouth football and I think Ashland will give you a good dose Froiday night to begin with.
Ashland wins this one and becomes one step closer to a district championship
#1vikingfan Wrote:jc is over rated and too one demimensional, will lose to both ashland and rowan. they are just not as good as last year.
JC will not need to be as good as last year to beat Rowan, but by the time the two teams meet, the Golden Eagles will be good enoug. The Tomcats dominated an Ironton team that is better than any team Rowan County has played this season. Rowan's defense will need to improve by 100 percent to hang with Ashland next week.

My prediction is that JC and Ashland will both be undefeated in district play until they meet each other to decide the district title. However, I will be pulling for the Vikings next week anyway.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:JC will not need to be as good as last year to beat Rowan, but by the time the two teams meet, the Golden Eagles will be good enoug. The Tomcats dominated an Ironton team that is better than any team Rowan County has played this season. Rowan's defense will need to improve by 100 percent to hang with Ashland next week.

My prediction is that JC and Ashland will both be undefeated in district play until they meet each other to decide the district title. However, I will be pulling for the Vikings next week anyway.

Totally agree with you except that last sentence. Will you be able to make the game Hoot?
Tomcats big
gapman Wrote:Totally agree with you except that last sentence. Will you be able to make the game Hoot?
I would love to make it to see JC play Rowan or Ashland but I probably won't make it. I am hoping to make it to a playoff game or two. I definitely can't make it to watch Ashland beat Rowan next week. :biggrin:
I don't see anyone on the Viking schedule that compares to George Washington or Ironton, but maybe the Vikings will match up better with Ashland, I doubt it, but maybe.
Ashland 56
Rowan 24
Ashland-52
Rowan-33
Ashland 45
Rowan 28
The fact is that RC's opponents are a combined 5-17 this year. They are giving up 37 ppg. Their schedule hasn't come close to the one Ashland has played, and they haven't beaten a quality opponent. Lijke to see RC win this one, but I can't envision it. Rc has trouble against passing teams. Hunter may have 300+ yards passing in this one. Ashland 45 RC 21.
Ashland 32
Rowan 13
Again I will pick Ashland, but this time it will be a blow out!!! Ashland is the deal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4