Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 28 - Ironton, OH 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
great job tomcats!
Nice job Kittens! Turnovers killed Ironton. Maybe Ashland can finally get some votes from the AP guys. They are definitely one of the top 10 4A teams in the state.
FBALL Wrote:Nice job Kittens! Turnovers killed Ironton. Maybe Ashland can finally get some votes from the AP guys. They are definitely one of the top 10 4A teams in the state.
Agreed. Coached by one of my favorite people, I'd love to see them get some respect. Good job, Ashland!
Yeah every one of those turnovers came from some BIG time hits!! Ashland physically whipped them tiggers!!
Still gotta hold on to the ball. The Kitty Cats should be ready to run the table from here out.
They were hearing footsteps all night! #45 fullback absolutely didn't want no more! That kid gonna have nightmares of Ashlands D smackin him in the mouth! Best player ironton had was #5 Qb an #49 Rb. Bout the only brightspots I saw for the tigers? That score could've been much worse, tigers scored only td on a busted play late in 4th had him sacked for bout a 10yd loss an spun out an threw up a floater an he caught it almost sitting down.
Ashland D has been amazing all year an just keep improving. Had a lot of big play tonight from so many different kids.
Could have been much different if Ironton could have punched it in on that first drive too. Fumbled on the 2 yard line. Unless Dicky was stoned I thought I heard Ironton converted on their first 6 3rd down conversions and were moving the ball pretty well.
FBALL Wrote:Could have been much different if Ironton could have punched it in on that first drive too. Fumbled on the 2 yard line. Unless Dicky was stoned I thought I heard Ironton converted on their first 6 3rd down conversions and were moving the ball pretty well.

Yes they did convert an moved ball well between the 20s but Ashland owned them in the Red Zone. That was the difference we bent but didn't break. Yea that fumble into the endzone was a big time hit on #30 an coughed it right up!
Congrats Tomcats, left no doubt to this one
Just talked to my friend from Ironton and he said that the thing that shocked him about this one other then the Tigers falling, was the way Ashland beat them physically.
The fumbles that the Tigers had was another thing that had him scratching his head.
He did that Ashland is a good team and they deserved to win this one.
Just got on southeast ohio preps, funny stuff over there. Excuses, ah its just ashland. Ironton may be good at winning, but suck at losing! Impressive game by the cats! Lots of hard hits....that caused fumbles. After watching the gw game game, ironton didn't look so good.
Do not let a few of the posters on that site(which I like a lot)fool you about Ironton fans. I have met so many fans from there over the years and I always tell people they are some of the most respectful fans I have come across in all of my years of following high school football.
October 7th shaping up to be one of the better matchups in the State.
Elm street Wrote:Just got on southeast ohio preps, funny stuff over there. Excuses, ah its just ashland. Ironton may be good at winning, but suck at losing! Impressive game by the cats! Lots of hard hits....that caused fumbles. After watching the gw game game, ironton didn't look so good.

Haha I bet the excuses are flying over there. I'm sure there are some of them realize they just flat got whipped, an make no excuses but you'll have that everywhere.
Oh, by no means do I think that, I have several coworkers and friends that are tiger fans, every team has em. Even my tomcats
EKUAlum05 Wrote:October 7th shaping up to be one of the better matchups in the State.

The only one were looking for is September 24. One game at a time! Buckle up Rowan Co. Here come the Cats!!

But Yeah, I know where ur coming from. :biggrin:
Great job Ashland. Ky schools owe them!!
Ashland should be ranked.
also, didn't ashland have open receivers a couple times where the passes were overthrown and could've gone for scores?
sinker Wrote:also, didn't ashland have open receivers a couple times where the passes were overthrown and could've gone for scores?

Yeah one to massey in the endzone and one to salow with noone in front of him. Ashland was also inside ironton 15 twice with no points to show for it. A few less penalties in scoring situations and this could have been a rout
Tried to tell the tiger buddies of mine that the TOMCATS had to much speed and would throw over them and beat them physically. Maybe now people will listen! The TOMCATS are pretty darn good! Now no let downs next week. PICK UP THE PACE!!
Well I called this one. They couldnt stop us. Passing game was clicking. Give hunter time he'll kill you. With that said we didn't stop ironton. Ironton stopped ironton. The score doest indicate how close this shouldve been. Not sure which game Badcat was watching. Very very uncharacteristic play by ironton with turnovers and penalties each time driving deep in our territory. You know the football gods are smiling down when ironton fumbles as they ste stepping into the endzone. We fumbled to but it bounced right up into our players arms there's bounced right into our players chest. I'll take it though. Even though i thought we were the beter team and still do, I'm glad we don't have to face them in the playoffs down the road. Go cats!
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Just talked to my friend from Ironton and he said that the thing that shocked him about this one other then the Tigers falling, was the way Ashland beat them physically.
The fumbles that the Tigers had was another thing that had him scratching his head.
He did that Ashland is a good team and they deserved to win this one.

I have always thought Ironton fans are pretty knowledgeable and down to earth. They have seen a lot of hard nosed football against quality teams for several decades and especially at playoff time.

Catfan98 Wrote:Well I called this one. They couldnt stop us. Passing game was clicking. Give hunter time he'll kill you. With that said we didn't stop ironton. Ironton stopped ironton. The score doest indicate how close this shouldve been. Not sure which game Badcat was watching. Very very uncharacteristic play by ironton with turnovers and penalties each time driving deep in our territory. You know the football gods are smiling down when ironton fumbles as they ste stepping into the endzone. We fumbled to but it bounced right up into our players arms there's bounced right into our players chest. I'll take it though. Even though i thought we were the beter team and still do, I'm glad we don't have to face them in the playoffs down the road. Go cats!

It would be hard to argue your points, but I would have to say Ashland is a lot more physical than people thought they would be. I think that is what Badcat was talking about. When you have the Ironton faithful in disbelief about Ashland being more physical than the Tigers you know it's for real. I have several close friends across the river and they all agreed Ashland was the more physical team and there just isn't any substitute for it in football.

Haven't looked real close at every one of the fumbles but, three of them I have and they were either hits on the ball or in one case a strip. Just fundamental defense. That's one good thing that everybody on the defensive unit learned as a result of our game with George Washington, when Hunter got stripped on the tackle from behind after about a 40 yd gain. The ball got stripped and Ashland found itself going from the uphoria of a great offensive play to sending out the defense, all in a couple of seconds.

The whole defensive unit has bought into the what Hart has been saying and everyone of them are playing well. I thought Kyle Bush did a good job starting/playing in the midddle at LB for the first time last night. It is a challenge in there against the 300 pounders for Ironton that are surprisingly quick for their size and coming into the secondary looking for somebody to crush.
Catfan98 Wrote:Well I called this one. They couldnt stop us. Passing game was clicking. Give hunter time he'll kill you. With that said we didn't stop ironton. Ironton stopped ironton. The score doest indicate how close this shouldve been. Not sure which game Badcat was watching. Very very uncharacteristic play by ironton with turnovers and penalties each time driving deep in our territory. You know the football gods are smiling down when ironton fumbles as they ste stepping into the endzone. We fumbled to but it bounced right up into our players arms there's bounced right into our players chest. I'll take it though. Even though i thought we were the beter team and still do, I'm glad we don't have to face them in the playoffs down the road. Go cats!

I was watching the game where the TOMCATS owned those TIGGERS in the redzone!! No doubt about it! They can have all the yards they want between the 20s doesnt matter. :ChairHit::ChairHit:

As for the fumble in the endzone he got hit HARD on shoulder an his arm just went limp an the ball fell right into the endzone. An that's about all there is to that. :1::popcorn:
Can't wait for ashland And Johnson Central.
After the GW game all I heard was how supperior Ky football was than Wv, can we now maybe say Tomcat football may be what's supperior, I think we owe them that much. I'm by no means a Tomcat fan, but they have earned my respect this season.