Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 50 - Knott County Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Sad
Wow!
Congrats BL
Wow! Shocker!! Congrats Betsy Layne!
Congrats Bobcats!! You better buckle your chin straps for next week.
This is not a knock at Knott, but why are they so bad every year?
Do they have trouble getting good numbers out for football or is it a coaching/administration issue?
Bobcats looked like a completely different team tonight. No wishbone! Stayed in spread formation the entire night and threw the ball 70% of the game. The O and the D looked good tonight for the Bobcats! Still need to work on the special teams a little though.

Get ready for next week Bobcats!
Knott is struggling bad.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is not a knock at Knott, but why are they so bad every year?
Do they have trouble getting good numbers out for football or is it a coaching/administration issue?

I can not speak from inside the school knowledge, but the talent that is put on the field every week is not very good, whether it is that their focus is on basketball at the school or what I don't know. From the outside looking in, my guess is that basketball is the preferred sport at KCCHS, so there is little support from administration and the kids that are athletes at the school are not coming out to play. I do not think that it is a coaching issue just based on the fact that they have had several different coaches and have had minimal success. Maybe someone with some inside info. can give more details.
Knott only had 5 first downs in the whole game, while starters were playing early in the 3rd.
hitemup Wrote:I can not speak from inside the school knowledge, but the talent that is put on the field every week is not very good, whether it is that their focus is on basketball at the school or what I don't know. From the outside looking in, my guess is that basketball is the preferred sport at KCCHS, so there is little support from administration and the kids that are athletes at the school are not coming out to play. I do not think that it is a coaching issue just based on the fact that they have had several different coaches and have had minimal success. Maybe someone with some inside info. can give more details.

This is somewhat of Magoffin's problem. Have all kinds of talented athletes that won't come out for football because of other sports or are just plain lazy and don't wanna do anything. It's a shame to see good talent wasted. And congrats BL.
Nice win for the Bobcats. Congrats.
congrats
Bobcats did look really good at this game, Seems they are ready to stay undeafeated, So all I can say now is there is going to be a good game on the hill next friday... Get ready Blackcats you may have to work for this one...
Betsy Layne takes care of business!!

Congrats Bobcats!!
Knott county's problems start at the grade school level. They just dont have a good feeder program and you cant build a winning team without having kids coming in as freshman ready to compete. Alot of the problem with the feeder system is they only have 1 middle school team county wide and its hard for kids throughout the county to travel to hindman to play football. I have watched their middle school team and they are a one man show with the williams kid from carr creek but i am hearing that he may be headed to cordia to play basketball
No shocker.

Congrats Betsy Layne.
i have a question, why doesnt bl play better teams?
As the Bobcat program improves, they will add stiffer competition, but you have to understand, the teams BLHS have beat this year were beating Betsy Layne three years ago, so it's not like they scheduled cupcakes to pad their record.
I think it's time for KCC to discontinue this program for a while..
It's gettin' worse and worse every year.
hawg laig Wrote:As the Bobcat program improves, they will add stiffer competition, but you have to understand, the teams BLHS have beat this year were beating Betsy Layne three years ago, so it's not like they scheduled cupcakes to pad their record.

Exactly. In 2002 I think Knott Co beat BLHS 66-0.
that is true and poeple still think their the same push over football team they once were. Now they have been playing ball and they will get tougher teams you watch. But this will be BL for the next two years at least.. maybe three...
What kinda offense did Betsy Layne run with Kory absent?