Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Top 5 Passing teams Thus Far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my top 5 to this point in the season. What do you think?

1. Harlan Ind.
2. Middlesboro
3. Perry County Central
4. Breathitt
5. South Laurel
Dragonsdad Wrote:This is my top 5 to this point in the season. What do you think?

1. Harlan Ind.
2. Middlesboro
3. Perry County Central
4. Breathitt
5. South Laurel

Williamsburg is probably in there somewhere but they don't list stat's on Khsaa. Hard to guage without stat's.
I really don't want to be a huge homer but how do you not have Perry in there?
king360 Wrote:I really don't want to be a huge homer but how do you not have Perry in there?

My bad PCC should have been #3 instead of LCC. Misprint.
Dragonsdad Wrote:My bad PCC should have been #3 instead of LCC. Misprint.

LOL..I was wondering.
king360 Wrote:I really don't want to be a huge homer but how do you not have Perry in there?

It has been edited.
I have'nt seen middlesboro play, but i have seen harlan. And if we are talking talent at the qb and wide receivers Perry is number one im sorry.
Pike County Central 1237 yards

Middlesboro 1151 yards

Perry 1068 yards

Breathitt 996 yards

Harlan Ind 915 yards

South L 662 yards LCC 625 yard

This is per KHSAA. Pike Central isnt on there . I just Know things.
Perry has the best overall receiving core in the Mnts and a great QB. Not saying their the best passing game, but they definitely belong in the conversation. Their stats aren't ridiculous/watered down because every team they've played thus far as been of quality competition. Unlike some schools that have scheduled specific stat padding games early in the season.
hawkeye Wrote:Pike County Central 1237 yards

Middlesboro 1151 yards

Perry 1068 yards

Breathitt 996 yards

Harlan Ind 915 yards

Harlan's 915 yd's averages out to 304 yd's per game for 3 games. That puts them in 2nd behind Pike Co. Central with 309 yd's. Third is Letcher Co. Central with 301 yd's.Fourth would be Middlesboro with 286 yd's. Fifth is Perry Co. Central with 267 yd's per game.

Pike County Central 309 yd's per game
Harlan Ind. 304
LCC 301
M'boro 286
Perry Co. Central 267
Dragonsdad Wrote:Harlan's 915 yd's averages out to 304 yd's per game for 3 games. That puts them in 2nd behind Pike Co. Central with 309 yd's. Third is Letcher Co. Central with 301 yd's.Fourth would be Middlesboro with 286 yd's. Fifth is Perry Co. Central with 267 yd's per game.

Pike County Central 309 yd's per game
Harlan Ind. 304
LCC 301
M'boro 286
Perry Co. Central 267

But considering who each team has played as far as competion level goes, Perry has had the most impressive team and imo the most talented at wr with a great qb
perry will be #1 in this poll before long! maybe after this week!
Whitley has 59 passing yards in 3 games lol.
In all honesty, i believe thats higher than normal for 3 games.
Lets just say weve never been known as a sissy passing team.
More of a run it up the gut type of bunch.
dore20 Wrote:But considering who each team has played as far as competion level goes, Perry has had the most impressive team and imo the most talented at wr with a great qb

I think you have to consider class and competition. At Harlan we can't play down in class. Harlan's QB spreads the ball around better and gets more reciever's into the mix. All 5 starting recievers have scored and in one game all 5 caught a TD. I have written a comparison between HHS and Perry Co. Central on the recievers. I have to go to work so I'll post it this afternoon. They come out very similar. Harlan's 3rd,4th and 5th reciever's have more yd's per game than Perry's. But not by a whole lot they average 10 to 15 yd's more.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think you have to consider class and competition. At Harlan we can't play down in class. Harlan's QB spreads the ball around better and gets more reciever's into the mix. All 5 starting recievers have scored and in one game all 5 caught a TD. I have written a comparison between HHS and Perry Co. Central on the recievers. I have to go to work so I'll post it this afternoon. They come out very similar. Harlan's 3rd,4th and 5th reciever's have more yd's per game than Perry's. But not by a whole lot they average 10 to 15 yd's more.

I will take Beatty, Pray and White over any other teams 3 receiver core in the mtns.
dore20 Wrote:I will take Beatty, Pray and White over any other teams 3 receiver core in the mtns.

good call!
hawkeye Wrote:Pike County Central 1237 yards

Middlesboro 1151 yards

Perry 1068 yards

Breathitt 996 yards

Harlan Ind 915 yards

Sorry wrong quote.
dore20 Wrote:I will take Beatty, Pray and White over any other teams 3 receiver core in the mtns.

Absolutely. Not even being a homer here either.
I say that Breathitt might be a little higher if the starting qb got to play more than two quarters a game.
not to disrespect harlan or any other team, but just because you have the most yards i dont think that should make you the best passing team. perry by far has a better passing attack and i think it all starts with there speed and it helps with an accurate qb like huff.
wood_chuck Wrote:not to disrespect harlan or any other team, but just because you have the most yards i dont think that should make you the best passing team. perry by far has a better passing attack and i think it all starts with there speed and it helps with an accurate qb like huff.
:Thumbs:
wood_chuck Wrote:not to disrespect harlan or any other team, but just because you have the most yards i dont think that should make you the best passing team. perry by far has a better passing attack and i think it all starts with there speed and it helps with an accurate qb like huff.

Saragas 3-gms 94-att's 58-com's 2-int's 915-yd's 9-td's 305 ypg 62% cp
Huff 4-gm's 103-att's 56-c0m's 2-int's 992-yd's 10-td's 248 ypg 54% cp

Reciever's
HHS
Allen 15-rec's 225-yd's 1-td 75-ypg
Bianchi 10-rec's 219-yd's 5-td's 73-ypg
Young 5-rec's 140-yd's 1-td 47-ypg
Morris 9-rec's 122-yd's 1-td 41-ypg
Williams 4-rec's 72-td's 1-td 24-ypg

PCC
Beatty 13-rec's 304-yd's 4-td's 76-ypg
Pray 21-rec's 349-yd's 3-td's 87-ypg
White 14-rec's 239-yd's 3-td's 60-ypg
Rankin 5-rec's 101-yd's 1-td 25-ypg
Robinson 3-rec's 68-yd's 0-td's 17-ypg

Harlan ranks 3rd in the State overall for team passing. PCC ranks 9th overall. I do not think that any of this denotes that PCC is the best in the state or the mountains "by far" as you have said. Now with that said,I think PCC has a very,very good passing game and if anything at all would possibly make them the better passing team over HHS,would be their O-line. They are much bigger and probably more able to protect Huff. But they are 5A and should be bigger and stronger. One thing is for sure and that is it is going to be fun watching both of these QB's do their thing this year. What makes PCC the better team in general is their defense. HHS gives up 390 ypg total offense and PCC gives up 241 ypg total offense. HHS has a lot of work to do in that area. But we are getting better. I hope PCC the best this year and I believe it will only get better for them in the years to come.
Highlands
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Highlands

lol..I think they are outside of the mountains.
king360 Wrote:lol..I think they are outside of the mountains.

Yeah,don't let their name fool ya.