Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MHS vs Jackson County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, does anyone know how to get to the football field? And what does anyone know about Coach Carter's Generals? I know he's struggling to build the program. Hopefully the Jackets get off the snide and come away with a big victory. Also is there a radio station up there that is online that will broadcast the game? I may not get to go. Sad
I'm not sure but i got the jackets in this one
Jackson County is a very young team. They have an athletic quarterback and a hard running runningback, but they are so young. Talent level isn' t where Carter wants it yet, but a lot of frehsman on the team. They play hard and are very respectful, don't ever hear them bad mouthing.
Middlesboro should win BIG in this one. Roark should have 400 passing and 5-6 TD's.
Middlesboro 49-12.
Why is Middlesboro playing Jackson Co? have they drop that much?
middlesboro takes this one pretty easy!!!by 6 touchdowns
redstorm Wrote:Why is Middlesboro playing Jackson Co? have they drop that much?
Players need at least one game per season where they can kick back, watch the JV play after they're done, and talk to their girlfriends in the stands. :biggrin:
redstorm Wrote:Why is Middlesboro playing Jackson Co? have they drop that much?

Middlesboro has went waaaay down. I would like to know when the last time Harlan City beat them?
PHSForever Wrote:Players need at least one game per season where they can kick back, watch the JV play after they're done, and talk to their girlfriends in the stands. :biggrin:

They got that with the Hancock Co game. lol
The schedule may still be some leftover from when Roark was still the coach. It sometimes takes two or three years for some agreements to run out.

But, M'boro has more than slipped they have tripped and fell down the steps!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro has went waaaay down. I would like to know when the last time Harlan City beat them?

I know they beat them in 96, maybe another time since then, but they don't play every year. Still Middlesboro has always given teams from Harlan Co fits over the years. Cawood High never beat the Jackets, even when they had some war clubs.
Where is all the Mboro fans? They lose two games and you'd think they all died off or something. Last week there was all kinds of people making outrageous claims of how they were gonna beat Harlan,they lose,and now you can't find one. They have all packed it in. Bunch of fair weathered fans. It's such ashame that this team has to have fans like this. They deserve better than that. Middlesboro has a scrappy team that could pull it together and maybe beat someone in the playoffs. Looks like they will have to do it without the support of their "not so faithful". I bet they don't have 50 show up at Jackson Co. Yellowjacketfan,better forget that ride to the game tomorrow night. Nobodies going. Real fans would cheer their team on if they win or lose. This team needs you now more than ever!

Good luck Jackets!!!! Bunch of fair weather fans!!!!
Yeah unfortunately. I used to go to the games all the time, but then again I used to be able to ride the bus with the team since I was helping them out. But this year I'm not able to ride the bus due to "insurance regulations" so I'm not helping out on the road games.
Middlesboro hasnt went nowhere we are still a decent football team and I've been to every game this year and dont plan on missing any. As for harlan city they have a good program this year as well so nothing to be ashamed of. I'm telling you with these freshmen coming in give a year or so and Middlesboro will be challenging for a state title.
Black&Yellow5 Wrote:Middlesboro hasnt went nowhere we are still a decent football team and I've been to every game this year and dont plan on missing any. As for harlan city they have a good program this year as well so nothing to be ashamed of. I'm telling you with these freshmen coming in give a year or so and Middlesboro will be challenging for a state title.

I like the attitude B&Y5. The Jacket's need more fans like you and Yellowjacketfan. Good luck tonight.
Middlesboro by 20
thanks Dragonsdad and good luck to you tonight as well I'm sure you all will come out on top though.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:I know they beat them in 96, maybe another time since then, but they don't play every year. Still Middlesboro has always given teams from Harlan Co fits over the years. Cawood High never beat the Jackets, even when they had some war clubs.

I think 96 was the last one.
Middlesboro did own Cawood through the years but Cawood won once in the 90s when Tim Saylor coached. They tied in 73 at Middlesboro when Cawood was loaded.
Harlan County demolished Middlesboro.
96 was the last time harlan city beat middlesboro until last week. the game in 96 was in harlan. middlesboro had a freshman qb running the team and only lost by a touchdown after skidmore ran down the sideline and scored but the refs said he stepped out.
DragonsDad,

I will have to disagree with your statement on Middlesboro fans being fair weather fans. Just becuase someone does not frequent this site does not make them a fair weather fan as you put it. So your assumptions are wrong.
Go Jackets!!!