Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Highlands schedule too weak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Outside of CCH and Elder, will this schedule provide the experience necessary to compete deep in the playoffs?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Outside of CCH and Elder, will this schedule provide the experience necessary to compete deep in the playoffs?
well since CCH is a district game they have to play them so you could drop them from the discussionConfusednicker:
Does it really matter in 4A in Kentucky? They could play no games all season. Still a cakewalk when playoff time comes when your talent level is that far ahead of everybody else's. Period.
I am not one to put much stock into scrimmages, but a scrimmage against Trinity certainly acts a huge help to Highlands' development this season.

On a side note, the Boyle posters are going to hate you this week Big Grin
yes, I should have clarified "after Boyle Co."
someone needs to put the schedule on here for this debate lol
Let's see, Holmes, Harrison Co., Mason Co. and last but not least Pendleton Co. What the heck, I'm gonna throw in Ryle in the mix as well
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:yes, I should have clarified "after Boyle Co."

Now you're okay with us. :Thumbs:

:biglmao:

I think it's a good schedule and don't believe it will hurt them at all in the playoffs during November.
Who in their class has a better schedule. Just asking.
That Mason Co game is going to cost them. Playing a 3A team like that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Birds beat during the first round. LOL
Highlands will be fine. They have a great schedule and will be well prepared for the playoffs. They are the clear cut favorites and far ahead of everyone else in 4A. So to answer your question, NO.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:someone needs to put the schedule on here for this debate lol

Trinity (Scrimmage) A
Boyle Co A
Dixie Heights H
Louisville Western H
Mason Co. A
CovCath (District) A
Harrison Co. (District) H
Pendleton Co. (District) A
Holmes (District) H
Elder (Cincy) A
Ryle H
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who in their class has a better schedule. Just asking.

Western might be close, but that's mostly just because they played Highlands.
I'm surprised at what level of play this schedule has produced.

The Birds' practice everyday against the best in the state... they will be fine.
When you're ranked in the top 5 overall in the state year in and year out you pretty much must play down.

I think they do a great job of scheduling the best teams they can.

It's all subjective I'm sure but Boyle is playing:

Highlands (wash, I know)
ACS (way down, I agree but not sisters of the poor either)
Danville
John Hardin
Indy Arsenal (don't know enough about them to decide yet)
Lex Cath

May not be a tougher schedule than the Birds but not too far off the pace IMO. :Thumbs:
In all honesty , I was expecting a better showing out of Dixie and Western.
There's no one to play in Ky. All the teams besides Trinity are bad. It may be a running clock in every game thru the finals.
Diogenes Wrote:Does it really matter in 4A in Kentucky? They could play no games all season. Still a cakewalk when playoff time comes when your talent level is that far ahead of everybody else's. Period.

I completely agree! Yeah, Highlands could play a much tougher schedule but, in the whole skeem of things it doesn't matter because there isn't another team in 4A that can compete with Highlands and thats all that matters when it comes to winning the State Championship!

LexCath has a pretty tough schedule. They have played Bell County, John Hardin, Lafayette and Louisville Male. They still have Boyle County in their district, then close the season against Bowling Green.
DollarBill Wrote:Trinity (Scrimmage) A
Boyle Co A
Dixie Heights H
Louisville Western H
Mason Co. A
CovCath (District) A
Harrison Co. (District) H
Pendleton Co. (District) A
Holmes (District) H
Elder (Cincy) A
Ryle H

thank you! looks like a decent schedule IMO!
Does it really matter if it is "weak" or "strong" if they win the State Title? I do not think so.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Does it really matter if it is "weak" or "strong" if they win the State Title? I do not think so.

....And they will, all of us in 5A are glad to see the birds drop down a class.
Score Now! Wrote:LexCath has a pretty tough schedule. They have played Bell County, John Hardin, Lafayette and Louisville Male. They still have Boyle County in their district, then close the season against Bowling Green.

there your tougher schedule
i think bg would of gave highlands a good game
geauxtigers75 Wrote:....And they will, all of us in 5A are glad to see the birds drop down a class.

yeah for real lol! they are a great team!
rebel 4 life Wrote:there your tougher schedule

that is a tough one!