Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is there anyone on NCC's offense that would start at that same position at Highlands?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Hightchew is a decent player, but he obviously wouldn't be the QB. Is there anyone who would start at Highlands? Not the Rb's, not the Wr's. How about the line?
...crickets chirping...

(lol...just playing with ya... but I'd bet you'd see all KINDS of responses to this question on that -other- website)
Who cares? The trophy that NCC is playing for is the exact same as the one that HHS is playing for....
Norm Peterson Wrote:Who cares? The trophy that NCC is playing for is the exact same as the one that HHS is playing for....

A good portion of those kids are straight out of the FTJFL and have a background that could allow them to compete for jobs if they were playing for Highlands. I'm not familiar enough with the program to say who would play where, but there are kids at NewCath that Dale would love to have as Bluebirds. I wasn't a fan of Coach Schneider, but I do have a lot of respect for the kids that have gone through NC and for the new regime. Schneider let things pass him by, and NewCath suffered for it, which is what brought about the end of a great rivalry. I think things will change under Eviston, and we may see a Highlands/NewCath game in the near future. Just like the good ol' days.
Hightchew would see significant time for sure.
Is there a point to this thread?
Is it made for any legitimate football conversation?

lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Is there a point to this thread?

lol

Hail to the almighty Highlands....:notworthy

or Whatever.....

lol

I guess it's more of a Northern KY thing. Kind of like "Top 10 Mountain teams after week 4" or “Who is some of the top freshmen in the mountains”?
I guess relevance or legitimacy is in the eyes of the thread starter.

lol
I believe that it results from an inane comment in another thread. I agree that it was not the best idea to start a new thread about it, no matter the intent (which I think was supposed to be tongue in cheek/humorous).

Of course, there are kids from one successful program who would start/play at another successful program. Maybe not at the same positions but you get your athletes on the field. And it this case, you are talking about many kids who have been playing against each other all through grade school. So they know that they match up and can compete. Rhetorical question -- answer suppled anyway.
I wish they would have played last year NCC might have lost that game, but they had a team that would've competed and may have even won. I cant believe someone from Highlands would want to play NCC play Trinity in a real game see how great you are then. I know many almost all NCC players and they respect how good Highlands is, but would love to play them the only problem is they don't have enough kids to compete with them. Alot of people think they compete with 6A schools because they get great kids and some of that is true, but it really has alot to do with coaching. Newcath has alot of kids going both ways as does most small schools they are in great shape, but Highlands has kids only going 1 way and is in unreal shape that would be the biggest difference. Then throw in the depth of the line. I know elliot, Martin, Hayes, and Hitchew would be playing they all play both ways so which position are we talking about. Thacker is out would play. Mason Meyers who was maybe the best player in Highlands youth league.
walking tall Wrote:I wish they would have played last year NCC might have lost that game, but they had a team that would've competed and may have even won. I cant believe someone from Highlands would want to play NCC play Trinity in a real game see how great you are then. I know many almost all NCC players and they respect how good Highlands is, but would love to play them the only problem is they don't have enough kids to compete with them. Alot of people think they compete with 6A schools because they get great kids and some of that is true, but it really has alot to do with coaching. Newcath has alot of kids going both ways as does most small schools they are in great shape, but Highlands has kids only going 1 way and is in unreal shape that would be the biggest difference. Then throw in the depth of the line. I know elliot, Martin, Hayes, and Hitchew would be playing they all play both ways so which position are we talking about. Thacker is out would play. Mason Meyers who was maybe the best player in Highlands youth league.

Hightchew would see some time. Definitely not at QB. Martin and Hayes flat out wouldn't play. The NCC faithful don't want that game. Highlands is the one asking for the game. Highlands needs games. It's obvious NCC is AFRAID to play.
NCC41 Wrote:Hightchew would see significant time for sure.

He wouldn't start at QB. He could come in the 2nd half and play QB when the running clock started.

lol

There are multiple points. The main points are there's only 2 good teams in Ky. NCC is ranked highly, yet would get running clocked by Highlands. Secondly, NCC is ducking Highlands in football, which is sad if they truely feel they are a good team.
Like I said put Trinity on the schedule, from the outside looking in Highlands won't play them in a real game if your the team that will play all comers why not match up with the top team in Ky. Highlands was so proud to move up to 5A they didn't want to go down, my question is if you like the competition all those years why didn't they move up to 6A instead of 5A those years. The goal is to win a National Championship correct why not play a schedule like Trinity has. I guess the tops school in Tenn. Ohio, and Indiana are to scared of Highlands. Bottom line if Highlands has a goal to play for a National Championship like they say then play the teams that will give you that chance don't worry about a small school like NCC.
I dont think Highlands has an argument at all until they play trinity.
Lets face it, theres not two good teams in KY. Theres one. And Trinity will always be top dog. I dont understand why someone would want to poke at a 2A school when they root for a 4A school that just got done winning 5 straight 5A titles. Sounds like to me the kettle is calling the pot black in this case. I do however like how Highlands fans consider themselves 1 of the 2 "good" teams in Ky. If you played Trinity this year, more than likely Trinity would have a running clock on you, if they wanted to. I dont see how a "good" team could get running clocked. The competetion highlands has faced has not been no where near Trinitys and probably wont ever be.
Stand up and play the other "good" team instead of picking on a 2A team you know you would destroy.
How many from HHS would start for Trinity?

Why do we even have a question for something like this????
duplicate post
walking tall Wrote:Like I said put Trinity on the schedule, from the outside looking in Highlands won't play them in a real game if your the team that will play all comers why not match up with the top team in Ky. Highlands was so proud to move up to 5A they didn't want to go down, my question is if you like the competition all those years why didn't they move up to 6A instead of 5A those years. The goal is to win a National Championship correct why not play a schedule like Trinity has. I guess the tops school in Tenn. Ohio, and Indiana are to scared of Highlands. Bottom line if Highlands has a goal to play for a National Championship like they say then play the teams that will give you that chance don't worry about a small school like NCC.
Aah, I see that the hate is strong in you, young padawan.

Not sure why you want to bring Trinity into this rather inane post. NCC and Highlands are rivals. You could literally walk from one school to the other and many of the players know each other well, having played peewee football together. Some years back, they used to be in the same classification and they have played many rivalry games. That's why this post is about them only.

As to your other point, Highland's main goal is to win the state championship. It appears that you are trying to set up a straw man argument about one of the many mythical national championships to create some type of insult against Highlands. Fail. Neither Highlands nor Trinity appear to be ducking each other and go out of their way to find high caliber competition. Would expect them to be on each other's schedule some time in the future but those things are not always easy to work out. Well, except for internet board posters.
an ignore button would be a great addition to the website Probably more popular than the like button
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont think Highlands has an argument at all until they play trinity.
Lets face it, theres not two good teams in KY. Theres one.

IMHO there are several good teams, if not excellent teams, other than Trinity. Bowling Green, Harlan County, Louisville St. X, Highlands, NewCath, Mayfield, Central, Beechwood, to name a few.
Would Owen County Be A NKY Team Or a Central Ky team
rebel 4 life Wrote:Would Owen County Be A NKY Team Or a Central Ky team

Probably Northern. Which of the two teams we're talking about do you want to see them get beaten by with a running clock?
First of all either Trinity didn't think Highlands would help them to win a National title of Highlands ducked them. This was the year they could have found a spot for eachother, Dale knew what Trinity had comming back. Everyone had to build their schedule all over this year. Second I would love to see Highlands win because i know alot of the kids, but its all the fans and parents that think Highlands is untouchable it's like the big bully on the block picking on the smaller kids, but stays away form the kids that will punch them in the mouth. Highlands has great tradition with a great coach he knows what he's doing the sad part is the fans have these huge heads and the way I take it is this post was set up to say that kids from NCC couldn't cut it at Highlands why would anyone want to put that on here we all know that kids from Highlands and NCC look at this.
nky Wrote:an ignore button would be a great addition to the website Probably more popular than the like button

"Dislike" is coming
Stardust Wrote:"Dislike" is coming
but with an ignore I wouldn't have to even see some distinguished posters posts
Stardust Wrote:How many from HHS would start for Trinity?

Why do we even have a question for something like this????

I'd say at least 6 or 7 would start at Trinity from Highlands. Towles and Sheehan for sure. Definitely both Bruns. 2 of the offensive lineman and possibly Carter New, Quillen, and Bowden.
People act like Highlands and Trinity have never played. I feel certain they will play again. Likely in 2013. Actually the last time they did play, Highlands beat Trinity and was up 35-7at the half. Trinity has only been exceptional this season and last. I saw them get destroyed by Cincy X in 2009. The same Cincy X team that got manhandled the next week by Highlands. To say Trinity is better than Highlands every single year is ludicrous. Actually as bad as Highlands got beat in the scrimmage by Trinity, it's still Trinity's closest game. I guess that means Trinity must not have a tough schedule.

This thread was about 2 rival schools, in close proximity. Both schools think they're good. The size disparity between the 2 schools is very small. Yet one school won't play. From my vantage point, it appears it's because they don't expect a good outcome. If you are indeed one the better programs in the state, schedule the game. I also agree Highlands should consistently play Trinity. Over a 10yr period, a Highlands Trinity series would be very close. I also agree, Dale may want to wait 1 more year to start that series.
How in the world do u get they are almost the same size are u serious.
Newport Central Catholic (213.5) Highlands (419.5) boys, almost double get your info strait please! Thats the state #'s and why NCC plays 2A, and almost the same size Highlands plays 4A. If your talking about rosters let see NCC-38 Highlands-85 also on the state website.
OOP'S misread size disparity is very small:hilarious::closeenough:
oops?

2 year average of boys at NewCath is 213.5 and for Highlands is 419.5
not doubled by close