Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCAA Hands Boise State Broncos Three-Year Probation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...-reduction

The Boise State football program will be docked nine scholarships over a three-year period, and the athletic department must serve three years' probation as a result of widespread rules violations, the NCAA announced Tuesday.

Boise State had already self-imposed the probationary period in the wake of violations involving more than 75 prospects and student-athletes across five different sports. The NCAA added six scholarship reductions in football to the three the school had already taken away and cited the school for "lack of institutional control."
Wow.
I guess this must be how the football team is getting so much "talent".
That explains a lot.....
Sounds like they are acting like an SEC team now.
Good, that's one way to get rid of them from the national picture that the did not deserve to be in!
My respect went from a 9 to a 3 for Coach Peterson and that program. Now we know why he didn't take major college offers.
Boooooo!!!!!
They had to cheat to win that conference? Smile
Poor Boise St, I feel so bad for them..............NOT Big Grin
I wouldnt care if the ncaa permanantly banned them from college football or gave them the "death penalty"
I know it wouldnt hurt my college football experience.
^It would do nothing but improve mine.
A select few people in Idaho would feel a little different....
but oh well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wouldnt care if the ncaa permanantly banned them from college football or gave them the "death penalty"
I know it wouldnt hurt my college football experience.

I'd love for ESPN to never mention that stupid smurf team ever again. Too bad they didn't lose about 40 scholarships.