Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountian top 10....Sep 13th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Perry Central
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Johnson Central
8. Rockcastle County
9. Hazard
10. Pikeville

I think pikeville should be over hazard and bell over harlan. But other than that its solid.
Looks good. I think Breathitt over Somerset, but after this weekend that will be decided on the field.
dore20 Wrote:1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Perry Central
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Johnson Central
8. Rockcastle County
9. Hazard
10. Pikeville

I think pikeville should be over hazard and bell over harlan. But other than that its solid.

We shall see what Pikeville has this friday against Belfry. Most Pikeville fans may agree that there not up to hazard standards yet but they are working towards it. Im not sure how good the swain county team is from NC but Pikeville could finish the year at 9-1 easy or 8-2 which is very good and have high confidence going into the playoffs.
Looks like the best one they've had all year.
I would place Rockcastle County a little higher. I believe as the season rolls on, Rockcastle will move up. Just MO.
dore20 Wrote:1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Perry Central
5. Somerset
6. Breathitt County
7. Johnson Central
8. Rockcastle County
9. Hazard
10. Pikeville

Not sure if it is deserved or not, but boy it feels good to be on that list! Thank goodness for Coach Mac and Staff!
Still SUCKS the Top 2 teams have to battle it out in the last game of regular season! grrrr
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Still SUCKS the Top 2 teams have to battle it out in the last game of regular season! grrrr

harlan has two top 5 teams their last two games! so no rest before the playoffs!
Looks pretty solid to me. And I agree that Pikeville may not be up to par with Hazard yet, but they are working towards it in a hurry!
Da bears say grrr!
keep moven up PERRY!!!
I think bell should be number one.
This has been the most accurate Top 10 yet. This is going to be a pretty interresting week, they are some pretty good games coming up this week you have Belfry v/s Pikeville squaring off for pride of Pike County. I think Pikeville has come leaps and bounds from where they was three or four years ago but I don't think their ready just yet for the big boys maybe next year. Then you have the big shown down in Jackson as the briarjumpers come town to lock up with the bobcats this should be a great one. In last couple years this has become a rivalry, will I guess the bobcats really need to win acouple games to really call it a rivalry, but I think this is the year that Holcomb and the boys give Somerset a little taste of their own medicine with a two or three td win.
I'm glad everybody's sure that Pikeville and Hazard can beat Knox Central. Cause I'm a little shakey on it.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I'm glad everybody's sure that Pikeville and Hazard can beat Knox Central. Cause I'm a little shakey on it.

I haven't seen Pikeville but I've seen Hazard and Knox and I definitely think Hazard is the better of the two. I could be wrong though.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I'm glad everybody's sure that Pikeville and Hazard can beat Knox Central. Cause I'm a little shakey on it.

Idk how Knox isn't in the top 10. That's the only thing wrong with this.
RoShamBo Wrote:I haven't seen Pikeville but I've seen Hazard and Knox and I definitely think Hazard is the better of the two. I could be wrong though.

knox would most likely beat hazard n pikeville!
I am a big Black Bear fan, but I do believe at this point in the year with what Bell has back from last years great team and considering they have not been beaten by a mountain team in 4 years or more they should be ranked #1. The fact they lost to Lex Cath should not keep them from being ranked #1. Harlan's schedule has not been one that would help them in any kind of a poll, but I believe that Harlan has a very good shot at beating Bell and rightfully taking the #1 spot in the mountains!!
we led PCC for 3 quarters - and got beat by the better team for sure. But if we are that close to the number 4 team with wins over decent not great teams - you might think Knox would land at 9 or 10 at least on the list. I love the boys from Rock - but they have yet to play a tough team.

I imagine we will get no respect on this list until after the Rock game - which to be clear - will be a huge challenge to win for us.
Football1 Wrote:we led PCC for 3 quarters - and got beat by the better team for sure. But if we are that close to the number 4 team with wins over decent not great teams - you might think Knox would land at 9 or 10 at least on the list. I love the boys from Rock - but they have yet to play a tough team.

I imagine we will get no respect on this list until after the Rock game - which to be clear - will be a huge challenge to win for us.

How do you feel this years Knox team compares to the last couple seasons? I seen them play Perry Central and came away impressed. Thought they were going to win that game. Knox should be in the Top 10 by the way. They'll be in there next week.
WildDawg Wrote:How do you feel this years Knox team compares to the last couple seasons? I seen them play Perry Central and came away impressed. Thought they were going to win that game. Knox should be in the Top 10 by the way. They'll be in there next week.

yeah knox should of never dropped out of the top ten! did they lose another game after playing pcc???