Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup vs. Raceland JV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What was Mullins thinking? Taking a timeout after Raceland taking a knee to run the clock out. Raceland could have scored on the slant all night and stopped running it to make it a good game!
Who won the game?
Raceland won. 26 or 28-14 I think
I agree Thatsright. I am from Greenup, and I was thinking the same thing when it happened. It just verified what I had been saying the whole game (these coaches don't have a clue.) I have seen better JFL coaches, I hate to be so negative but that was a simple case of being out coached. In Mullins defense he was not there, He left after the first quarter, but then again, he should have known better than to leave people in charge that don't know what the heck is going on. Why is it so hard to find a coaching staff that is legit and not a bunch of good ol boys with kids on the team. It's no wonder our football program is a joke, and it will continue being so until they decide to put a legit coaching staff together. I wish the Rams the best this year and I will pray for the Musketeers, because they are going to need all the help they can get.
Did notice that GC played 2 varsity starters on the JV team last night. I know that they are young but playing 2-3 games a week is gonna take a toll on the younger guys. Better learning situation but increased chance of getting hurt in a game. Good luck to GC this year and the next coming. The younger kids on that team will develope into fine athletes in the very near future.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I agree Thatsright. I am from Greenup, and I was thinking the same thing when it happened. It just verified what I had been saying the whole game (these coaches don't have a clue.) I have seen better JFL coaches, I hate to be so negative but that was a simple case of being out coached. In Mullins defense he was not there, He left after the first quarter, but then again, he should have known better than to leave people in charge that don't know what the heck is going on. Why is it so hard to find a coaching staff that is legit and not a bunch of good ol boys with kids on the team. It's no wonder our football program is a joke, and it will continue being so until they decide to put a legit coaching staff together. I wish the Rams the best this year and I will pray for the Musketeers, because they are going to need all the help they can get.
Dumb question. Most people that could be quality assistants are not teachers and cant be off work at 3 everyday. If you dont hire teachers that are assistant coaches your in trouble and that is where Mullins is at this point.
So Kosar your telling me that it will always be this way at Greenup . You and I both know that you just can't fire and rehire teachers to get quality assistant coaches. The assistant coaches that we have now that are teachers, do not have a clue as to how to coach football. This is very evident after watching the past few games. This is by no means a personal attack on anyone either, this is just what we see from the stands. It is so obvious that a blind man could see it. I always wondered why we keep going through coaches and now you have shedded some light on the situation. One man cannot do it, it takes a staff of knowledgable, dedicated, and hard-working coaches to be successful.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:So Kosar your telling me that it will always be this way at Greenup . You and I both know that you just can't fire and rehire teachers to get quality assistant coaches. The assistant coaches that we have now that are teachers, do not have a clue as to how to coach football. This is very evident after watching the past few games. This is by no means a personal attack on anyone either, this is just what we see from the stands. It is so obvious that a blind man could see it. I always wondered why we keep going through coaches and now you have shedded some light on the situation. One man cannot do it, it takes a staff of knowledgable, dedicated, and hard-working coaches to be successful.
Your exactly right, but even when they have openings and know they need assistants they dont hire football coachs. Its all a problem. Copley was in the same situiation. Mullins has to take what he can get at this point. Even the guys that do know what they are doing on staff have other jobs and cant commit to coaching as bad as they want to. Some things are out of the head coachs control. Please be patient with Mullins, everyone knew these next two years were going to be ugly, hell thats why Copley left.
I have some friends down there that know football and would be glad to help but they don't want help. A.J., Donnie Rowe, and a few others. I hate it for the kids. Also, using your starting QB in a JV game on def. and end, that's crazy. We really stop running a couple plays because we would score on them every time. Who ever coaches the DBs needs help.