Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton,OH @ Ashland 9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's the wonderful thing about tiggers? Scoring more td's than them.

Ashland is a much more physical team than last year and the game being at putnam it should be a dandy.

Ashland 40

Tiggers 20
This should be a good game but I am going to pick Ironton by a touchdown.
Tomcats find a way to win late
Ironton wins this one.....again. I hope not.
After seeing both teams I think the Tiggers bounce the Kittens. It should be a dandy.

Ironton 24
Ashland 20
Ironton hands ashland their secound lost but close
Ashland will win this one. If Russell had the speed, size, backs, QB and multi receiving corp. that the tomcats have. They could have won that game.
The tomcats will win this one in the second half. They will open it up.
Tomcats 24
Ironton 14

Ironton has bigger backs.
Ashland has faster and quicker backs.
Ironton will try and pound it out.
Ashland will pound it then throw over it and go around it.

This could be the year of the TOMCAT till playoff time.
Beating up Raceland, Greenup Co, Boyd Co, Russell, Lawrence Co and Johnson Central and Ironton.
^That sounds exactly like the kind of predictions that Ashland fans were making during the week before last season's Ironton game. Then came another Ironton blowout and Ashland's season took a nosedive.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^That sounds exactly like the kind of predictions that Ashland fans were making during the week before last season's Ironton game. Then came another Ironton blowout and Ashland's season took a nosedive.

I went against the trend last year. I said Ironton would win by 10. I'm not a Tomcat fan. Just a high school sport fan. My kids if you couldn't tell play for Raceland.
I love Ironton football. And believe it's been one of the best programs in our tri-state and Ohio for years. Great coaching staff. I love to follow the better teams in our area. So the fighting tigers have been on my radar for years and years.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^That sounds exactly like the kind of predictions that Ashland fans were making during the week before last season's Ironton game. Then came another Ironton blowout and Ashland's season took a nosedive.

Yeah... Well win or lose has no effect on the game with "JCC".
One game at a time! We'll see you boys in about 5 weeks.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yeah... Well win or lose has no effect on the game with "JCC".
One game at a time! We'll see you boys in about 5 weeks.

Ha ha trying to ruffle some eagle feathers a little early there aren't ya badcat?
Ashland 35
Ironton 21
I think Ashland has too much speed and options for the Tigers this year, saw the film of Ironton-Russell, Russell did better in the second half. Ashland will play that way all game. Just think that this one goes to the CATS!
I love all of these close score predictions again this year. Not gonna happen. Tigers crush the kitty cats again this year. If it is close it will be because it was at Putnam Stadium......Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and on to the field.
RAMBAIT Wrote:I love all of these close score predictions again this year. Not gonna happen. Tigers crush the kitty cats again this year. If it is close it will be because it was at Putnam Stadium.... Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and on to the field.
Confusednicker:
I think Ashland wins in a close one.

Ironton 21
Ashland 23
Ironton has a better winning tradition and better coaching. Ashland has a shot because they are playing at Ashland. Still, Ironton is superior.
Truth Wrote:Ironton has a better winning tradition and better coaching. Ashland has a shot because they are playing at Ashland. Still, Ironton is superior.

Ashland has 11 state championships, over 600 wins and a coach who was an offensive coordinator under legend Roy Kidd at eku so our coaching and winning tradition is just fine. If ironton wins. It will be because of talent and talent alone.
Seems to be a lot of "haters" on this thread.
Ironton
Seen Ashland play. They're the real deal. I don't see ironton slowing them down. Ironton struggled with Russell and from my insiders just don't have the talent this year. GW would've wore ironton out IMO. Ironton won't be quicker or stronger than this tomcat team. No way. I think Hart makes a statement to everyone. Tomcats by 3 tds.
Tomcats
Ashland 31-24.
Catfan98 Wrote:Seen Ashland play. They're the real deal. I don't see ironton slowing them down. Ironton struggled with Russell and from my insiders just don't have the talent this year. GW would've wore ironton out IMO. Ironton won't be quicker or stronger than this tomcat team. No way. I think Hart makes a statement to everyone. Tomcats by 3 tds.

Oh......you silly tomcat fans. Ironton is better this year than they were last year. Not to mention their best back will be back to play against the cats. You are right they struggled with russell just like they did last year but, they won't struggle with Ashland. I've seen both play and Ironton is much more impressive than ashland. One thing going against Ironton is the fact that thier starters have only played 1 4quarter game the entire season so far. The only thing that will keep Ashland in this game will be thier referees.
Ironton
Ashland in a close game. I love Ironton football, they are orange and black! But they won't handle the big line Ashland has.
RAMBAIT Wrote:I love all of these close score predictions again this year. Not gonna happen. Tigers crush the kitty cats again this year. If it is close it will be because it was at Putnam Stadium......Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and on to the field.

Boy you really hit that one on the head! You are talking JFL refs right? :lame:
Two home games they had so far was 15th region officials and a crew from Morehead.

People were speculating that Ashland would have a big season last year up until Ironton. A lot of people knew that Ashland would have a tough transition on defense last year from the year before when Ashland had two very good line backers in Alber and Swift. All Ironton really did was expose that weakness. Offensively, they were good enough last year IMO. This year's edition has two RBs that added to the mix that make a difference too.

This year the D is much better and the expectations are more deserved. The line play is the surprise for many this year. Ashland has a very good group up front on both sides of the ball and they love to make plays. Not the same team, better in a lot of ways, and they are senior and junior dominated.
that's right Wrote:Ashland in a close game. I love Ironton football, they are orange and black! But they won't handle the big line Ashland has.

Ashland is not that big along the line of scrimmage. If it's a power game ironton wins going away. Ironton will move the ball all night against the Kittens. For Ashlnd to win Hunter and Withrow will have to have big games on offense.

Ashlands line is smaller than Russell's and Russells line looked like a JFL team compared to the Tiggers.
Interesting I thought the program has Ashland's D Line as

74 6'3'' 230
71 6'0'' 250
70 6'0'' 200
80 6'3'' 230

The starting O line was

63 6'0'' 250
77 6'o" 250
74 6'3'' 230
76 6'3" 240
60 6'0" 200

I thought Russell's line had good size as well. I just thought Ashland's line was quicker.
^ looks Right to me, Ashlands line is quick an has good size not the biggest I've ever seen, but there solid.
Pages: 1 2