Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RunItUpTheGut's Rankings For the Week Of 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another week of rankings.
Feel free tom comment like always.
Not a lot of movement this week but there was some.
Enjoy...
Class 1A

1. Mayfield (4-0)- (35-7 Win vs. Murray)
2. Beechwood (3-0)- (69-26 Win vs. Holy Cross Covington)
3. Holy Cross Louisville (3-1)- (7-6 Loss vs. Desales)
4. Pikeville (4-0)- (24-13 Win vs. Sheldon Clark)
5. Fairview (4-0)- (61-14 Win vs. Phelps)
6. Hazard (1-1)- (14-0 Loss vs. Somerset)
7. Harlan (2-1)- (48-42 OT Win @ Middlesboro)
8. Raceland (2-2)- (42-6 Win vs. Greenup County)
9. Williamsburg (3-1)- (36-34 Win vs. Leslie County)
10.Frankfort (2-2)- (36-7 Loss vs. Franklin County)
Class 2A

1. Newport Central Catholic (3-0)- (Idle)
2. Owensboro Catholic (4-0)- (34-21 Win vs. South Spencer, IN)
3. Somerset (3-0)- (14-0 Win @ Hazard)
4. Danville (3-1)- (43-15 Win @ Corbin)
5. Glasgow (4-0)- (14-0 Win @ Allen County Scottsville)
6. Butler County (4-0)- 74-0 Win vs. McLean County)
7. Bardstown (3-0)- (44-6 Win @ Nicholas County)
8. Desales (1-2)- (7-6 Win vs. Holy Cross Louisville)
9. Green County (3-1)- (32-20 Win vs. LaRue County)
10. Owen County (4-0)- (32-26 Win vs. Western Hills)
Class 3A

1. Central (3-1)- (28-13 Win vs. Ballard)
2. Bell County (3-1)- (35-10 Win @ Whitley County)
3. Belfry (3-0)- (48-30 Win @ Prestonsburg)
4. Breathitt County (4-0)- (44-7 Win vs. Jackson County)
5. Paducah Tilghman (2-2)- (22-21 Win @ Graves County)
6. Powell County (3-0)- (25-6 Win @ Lewis County)
7. Pike County Central (3-1)- (54-12 Win vs. Shelby Valley)
8. Garrard County (3-1)- (35-25 Win @ Lincoln County)
9. Fort Campbell (2-2)- (68-26 Win vs. Fort Campbell)
10. Russell (1-2)- (32-14 Loss vs. Ashland Blazer)
Class 4A

1. Highlands (3-0)- (56-0 Win vs. Western)
2. Lexington Catholic (3-1)- (34-26 Win vs. Male)
3. Boyle County (2-2)- (28-0 Loss @ John Hardin)
4. Covington Catholic (3-1)- (28-20 Win @ Boone County)
5. Rockcastle County (4-0)- (55-19 Win @ Estill County)
6. Western (2-1)- (56-0 Loss @ Highlands)
7. Ashland Blazer (3-1)- (31-14 Win @ Russell)
8. Knox Central (3-1)- (34-20 Win @ Gatlinburg Pittman, TN)
9. Johnson Central (3-1)- (64-24 Win vs. St. Thomas More, Canada)
10.Russell County (4-0)- (56-33 Win @ Pulaski County)
Class 5A

1. Bowling Green (4-0)- (55-7 Win vs. Henderson County)
2. John Hardin (4-0)- (28-0 Win vs. Boyle County)
3. Harlan County (3-0)- (Idle)
4. Christian County (4-0)- (32-27 Win @ Loan Oak)
5. Warren Central (4-0)- (14-7 Win @ Meade County)
6. Perry County Central (4-0)- (48-21 Win vs. Lawrence County)
7. Anderson County (2-1)- (Idle)
8. Woodford County (3-0)- (41-0 Win @ Henry County)
9. Franklin County (4-0)- (36-7 Win @ Frankfort)
10. Jeffersontown (3-0)- (41-7 Win @ Shelby County)
Class 6A

1. Trinity (3-0)- (56-7 Win @ Cincinnati Elder, OH)
2. Dupont Manual (3-0)- (27-14 Win @ Pleasure Ridge Park)
3. Scott County (4-0)- (35-6 Win vs. @ Madison Central)
4. St. Xavier (2-2)- (56-0 Win vs. Doss)
5. Ryle (2-1)- (Idle)
6. Male (1-3)- (34-26 Loss @ Lexington Catholic)
7. Butler (2-1)- (42-21 Win vs. Central Hardin)
8. Eastern (3-1)- (49-28 Win vs. Collins)
9. Bryan Station (3-1)- (40-19 Win vs. George Rogers Clark)
10. Lafayette (2-2)- (35-23 Win vs. Owensboro)
Mountain Top 10

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle County
5. Perry County Central
6. Knox Central
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Breathitt County
10. Hazard
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 1A

1. Mayfield (4-0)- (35-7 Win vs. Murray)
2. Beechwood (3-0)- (69-26 Win vs. Holy Cross Covington)
3. Holy Cross Louisville (3-1)- (7-6 Loss vs. Desales)
4. Pikeville (4-0)- (24-13 Win vs. Sheldon Clark)
5. Fairview (4-0)- (61-14 Win vs. Phelps)
6. Hazard (1-1)- (14-0 Loss vs. Somerset)
7. Harlan (2-1)- (48-42 OT Win @ Middlesboro)
8. Raceland (2-2)- (42-6 Win vs. Greenup County)
9. Williamsburg (3-1)- (36-34 Win vs. Leslie County)
10.Frankfort (2-2)- (36-7 Loss vs. Franklin County)

I like this! lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mountain Top 10

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle County
5. Perry County Central
6. Knox Central
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Breathitt County
10. Hazard
Just pointing this out. I think Hazard at this point should be ahead of Pikeville, but in Class A you have Pikeville at 4, Hazard at 6. In the Mountain 10, You have Hazard at 10 and no Pikeville lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 4A

i just want to say that johnson c and and knox c do not belong in the top ten. they have both only played one good team to which they lost. and west jess nearly beat knox c. russle co should be higher in the rankings say sixth and drop western to seventh. ashland can stay in the for now at 8 if you like but north hopkins and rowan should be rounding out the top ten. north oldham should be given some consideration as well and placed higher than kc and jc.

Rowan is puting points up in bunches, and their d is steadly imporving but the bottom line is when the game is on the line they find a way to win and thats what matters. how many other teams at this point have had a team come back on them take the lead in the 4th and were able to respond scoring a TD with 30 ticks left to win and were able to hold off a secound half rally by another team to win and come form 21 to 0 shuting the other team down in the 4th to take the win. who has been in every situation possible and found a way to win Rowan thats who.

Rowan loves being the under dog, know one thought that they would win their district last year and they crushed lawrence, no one thought adam wing would explode in the sweet six and he had a proformance that rivals the greatest in sweet sixteen history so just keep leaving rowan out of the top ten it is fine with me but you will see
Panther Thunder Wrote:Just pointing this out. I think Hazard at this point should be ahead of Pikeville, but in Class A you have Pikeville at 4, Hazard at 6. In the Mountain 10, You have Hazard at 10 and no Pikeville lol.

lol I know.
The mountain top 10 is something i just do off the top of my head with no consideration or anything put into it. Dont take it seriously.
My 1A rankings are close i think. I can honestly see Pikeville beating Hazard this year.
#1vikingfan Wrote:i just want to say that johnson c and and knox c do not belong in the top ten. they have both only played one good team to which they lost. and west jess nearly beat know c. russle co should be higher in the ranking say six and drop western to seventh. ashland can stay in the for now at 8 if you like but north hopkins and rowan should be rounding out the top ten. north oldham should be given some consideration as well.

Rowan is puting points up in bunches, and their d is steadly imporving but the bottom line is when the game is on the line they find a way to win and thats what matters. how many other teams at this point have had a team come back on them take the lead in the 4th and were able to responed to respond scoring a TD with 30 ticks left to win and were able to hold off a secound half rally by another team to win and come form 21 to 0 shuting the other team down in the 4th to take the win. who has been in every situation possible and found a way to win Rowan thats who.

See what i said last week on my rankings about Rowan.
I will move Rowan in when they play somebody decent. The game with Ashland should be a good tell all to this.
As for J.C. and Knox, they both belong theree IMO
Pburg is without a doubt a Top 10 2A team. They have a loss in a game someone had to lose to #6 5A PCC and a loss to #3 3A Belfry. They have played up in class for two lopsided wins.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 4A

Highlands has no competition at all in 4A. 2-4 is a toss up at this point. I lean towards Cov Cath 2, Lex Cath 3, and Boyle 4. I think I was giving Boyle a little too much credit, they seem to have a lot of problems on O and average at best on D. I find it hard to believe JC is not better than 5, if so they lost a ton since last year, because last years team is 100% better than what we are seeing from the rest of the field. Western is an awful team; can't believe the teams ranked below them are worse.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pburg is without a doubt a Top 10 2A team. They have a loss in a game someone had to lose to #6 5A PCC and a loss to #3 3A Belfry. They have played up in class for two lopsided wins.

i agree EKUalum
They were suppose to be #9 but my brother worked on 2A and i really forgot to put pburg in there.
That was our mistake. Pburg is definitely a top ten team in 2A.
sstack Wrote:Highlands has no competition at all in 4A. 2-4 is a toss up at this point. I lean towards Cov Cath 2, Lex Cath 3, and Boyle 4. I think I was giving Boyle a little too much credit, they seem to have a lot of problems on O and average at best on D. I find it hard to believe JC is not better than 5, if so they lost a ton since last year, because last years team is 100% better than what we are seeing from the rest of the field. Western is an awful team; can't believe the teams ranked below them are worse.

You pretty much summed it up when you said Highlands has no competetion. They really dont. Its just like 5A has been for the birds.
I honeslty think they should just ask for the move up to play 6A football every year.
#1vikingfan Wrote:i just want to say that johnson c and and knox c do not belong in the top ten. they have both only played one good team to which they lost. and west jess nearly beat knox c. russle co should be higher in the rankings say sixth and drop western to seventh. ashland can stay in the for now at 8 if you like but north hopkins and rowan should be rounding out the top ten. north oldham should be given some consideration as well and placed higher than kc and jc.

Rowan is puting points up in bunches, and their d is steadly imporving but the bottom line is when the game is on the line they find a way to win and thats what matters. how many other teams at this point have had a team come back on them take the lead in the 4th and were able to respond scoring a TD with 30 ticks left to win and were able to hold off a secound half rally by another team to win and come form 21 to 0 shuting the other team down in the 4th to take the win. who has been in every situation possible and found a way to win Rowan thats who.

Rowan loves being the under dog, know one thought that they would win their district last year and they crushed lawrence, no one thought adam wing would explode in the sweet six and he had a proformance that rivals the greatest in sweet sixteen history so just keep leaving rowan out of the top ten it is fine with me but you will see
In their first four games, Montgomery County, Southwestern, and Mason County scored more points against Rowan County than against any of their other three opponents. The only team that Rowan has managed to hold under 38 points this season has been Fleming County (1-3). If Rowan's defense does not improve dramatically and soon, both Ashland and Johnson Central will light the scoreboard up like a Christmas tree against the Vikings. Barring an upset or two, Rowan will finish third in its new district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You pretty much summed it up when you said Highlands has no competetion. They really dont. Its just like 5A has been for the birds.
I honeslty think they should just ask for the move up to play 6A football every year.

I am not saying Highlands would be afraid to play in 6A, but they would be in the same boat as the rest of the state; Very little chance to knock off Trinity and X most years. I do think they would have years where they could knock them off though.
sstack Wrote:I am not saying Highlands would be afraid to play in 6A, but they would be in the same boat as the rest of the state; Very little chance to knock off Trinity and X most years. I do think they would have years where they could knock them off though.

I definitely agree that Trinity would still be the class of the state but Highlands should do it if the KHSAA will let them.
There championships over the past 5 years have almost been given to them pretty much. Theres been noone in 5A thats half as good as they were. Might as well prove your strength and play the best if you want to be the best.
#1vikingfan Wrote:i just want to say that johnson c and and knox c do not belong in the top ten. they have both only played one good team to which they lost. and west jess nearly beat knox c. russle co should be higher in the rankings say sixth and drop western to seventh. ashland can stay in the for now at 8 if you like but north hopkins and rowan should be rounding out the top ten. north oldham should be given some consideration as well and placed higher than kc and jc.

LMAO---RUSSELL CO. has played who? Everbody you have played has a 500 or worse record--get real :please::lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mountain Top 10

1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle County
5. Perry County Central
6. Knox Central
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Breathitt County
10. Hazard

I think that Hazard is still better than Pikeville so having the Dawgs in the Top 10 is fine but, I think that these two should be switched in the 1A rankings!

Here is my Top 10:

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Perry Co. Central
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Knox Central
8. Rockcastle Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Hazard

Now, the reason why I moved Rockcastle down so far is because, although they have dominated all their opponents, they have not played the same caliber opponents that the majority of the other Top 10 teams have.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that Hazard is still better than Pikeville so having the Dawgs in the Top 10 is fine but, I think that these two should be switched in the 1A rankings!

Here is my Top 10:

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Perry Co. Central
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Knox Central
8. Rockcastle Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Hazard

Now, the reason why I moved Rockcastle down so far is because, although they have dominated all their opponents, they have not played the same caliber opponents that the majority of the other Top 10 teams have.

Thats a pretty good looking top 10.
I agree I still believe Hazard is better than Pikeville but if Hazard cant put any points up on the board like they did friday then they will get beat.; Defensively the bulldogs are solid only giving up 1 touchdown to a very good Somerset squad who was putting up 30 to 40 points in there first two games against solid opponents.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:See what i said last week on my rankings about Rowan.
I will move Rowan in when they play somebody decent. The game with Ashland should be a good tell all to this.
As for J.C. and Knox, they both belong theree IMO

yea i agree about jc and ashland being good and all but west jessimine is pretty tuff to and if rowan dont come to play rowan will be getting an L
bac2369 Wrote:Thats a pretty good looking top 10.
I agree I still believe Hazard is better than Pikeville but if Hazard cant put any points up on the board like they did friday then they will get beat.; Defensively the bulldogs are solid only giving up 1 touchdown to a very good Somerset squad who was putting up 30 to 40 points in there first two games against solid opponents.

Thank you! :Thumbs:

I wasn't at the game but, from what I heard, both teams played a sloppy game and I would imagine that both will do better this coming week!
leecoukfan Wrote:Thank you! :Thumbs:

I wasn't at the game but, from what I heard, both teams played a sloppy game and I would imagine that both will do better this coming week!

Would you like to do the top ten of the mountains for me every week?
I only have one condition, you cant move Harlan Co. ahead of Bell unless Harln co. beats them or Bell loses again. Id really like to have someone put time and consideration into it.
Deal?
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that Hazard is still better than Pikeville so having the Dawgs in the Top 10 is fine but, I think that these two should be switched in the 1A rankings!

Here is my Top 10:

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Belfry
4. Perry Co. Central
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Knox Central
8. Rockcastle Co.
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Hazard

This looks great! Identical to mine.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Would you like to do the top ten of the mountains for me every week?
I only have one condition, you cant move Harlan Co. ahead of Bell unless Harln co. beats them or Bell loses again. Id really like to have someone put time and consideration into it.
Deal?

This Bell Co. should be rated higher than Bell Co. is getting on my nerves. Bell Co. might be better than Harlan Co. but in ANY POLL, if a team loses, they drop. Regardless who it is.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 6A

1. Trinity (3-0)- (56-7 Win @ Cincinnati Elder, OH)
2. Dupont Manual (3-0)- (27-14 Win @ Pleasure Ridge Park)
3. Scott County (4-0)- (35-6 Win vs. @ Madison Central)
4. St. Xavier (2-2)- (56-0 Win vs. Doss)
5. Ryle (2-1)- (Idle)
6. Male (1-3)- (34-26 Loss @ Lexington Catholic)
7. Butler (2-1)- (42-21 Win vs. Central Hardin)
8. Eastern (3-1)- (49-28 Win vs. Collins)
9. Bryan Station (3-1)- (40-19 Win vs. George Rogers Clark)
10. Lafayette (2-2)- (35-23 Win vs. Owensboro)

With Travis Elliott out for Ryle, they are not even the best 6A team in NKY, much less a top 10 team
highschoolfan Wrote:LMAO---RUSSELL CO. has played who? Everbody you have played has a 500 or worse record--get real :please::lmao:

Rockcastle has played who? No One, but they've looked dang good doing so.
Knox Central has played who? Perry Central and got spanked
Ashland Blazer has played who? No one, three wins over 3A teams
Johnson Central has played who? Perry Central @ home and got spanked.

Using your logic we don't need a Top 10, five positions will do.

Russell Co has played competition similar to that of the other teams in the 4A top 10. I don't think the Top 10 combined have but maybe 1 or 2 wins over opponents with better than 500 records. I can think of Lex Cath over Bell and Highlands over Western.

I suppose the fact that Knox played Perry and lost weighs more towards their position.....now that's FUNNY:lmao:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Russell Co deserves to be Top 5, but I'm not sure that Knox, Johnson, or Western belong in the top 10 based on performance to date. None of the three have much to stand on at this point, at least Russell Co has beat the teams on their schedule, which is more than these three teams can say after 4-weeks of football.

We will get to see how Russell Co fairs against Letcher Co Central and Rockcastle in the next couple of weeks. And on 10/21 your Knox Central Panthers get to come to Russell Co to find out whether we are Top 10 or not. I assure you this, if they come here and play like they did against WJ or Perry Central, they'll loose by 40+.:redboxer:
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:but in ANY POLL, if a team loses, they drop. Regardless who it is.

Incorrect.

This is true when the poll is all encompassing of all the teams included, but when the sample size is only a fraction of the whole that is not the case.

If Perry Central played the #1 6A school in Texas and lost by 1 point should they fall in the Mountain Top 10? If Hazard traveled to Trinity and lost by a field goal does that mean they should fall in the 1A rankings behind a team who beats Jenkins by 30?

Polls reflect a subjective "opinion" of who is the best team in the sample group. Louisville Central loses 4-6 regular season games a year and remain the top 3A team. Why? Because in the past 5 years they have only lost once to a 3A team, all their losses come at the hands of 6A schools.

Based on your logic Bell County should be ranked behind Pikeville, Betsy Layne, and Powell County. Teams they would defeat by 5+ TD's.
Pages: 1 2