Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Would you rather have Crawford or Lofton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky could of got Chris Lofton coming out of high school but got Joe Crawford instead because he was ranked a lot higher, maybe even in the top 10. Which would you rather have now?

I'm gonna say by the looks of things so far that I'd take Lofton
As of now, Lofton no doubt.
Yeah right now it would have to be Chris Lofton but I think Crawford is capable of becoming a star.
I expected Crawford to have a breakout year.
Lofton for sure
Lofton dominated UK when they played.
Out of High School, it would of had to been Crawford for me.
I wish he would have went to Michigan though.

Of course knowing what everyone knows now, I would of took Lofton. But it just doesn't work like that.
im still takin crawford. i think he still has MUCH more of an upside. i honestly dont see lofton getting that much better then he already is at tennessee.
At the time Joe C. was rated higher, so I would have gotten him. Lofton has emerged to be a star under Bruce Pearl, but under Buzz Peterson he was mediocre at best.

Joe has elevated his game, and he has hit some big time shots to keep UK in alot of games this year, so I am happy with Crawford. I don't think Lofton would fit in under Tubby's or even Pitino's system.
Lofton
Crawford was way overrated and Lofton was way underrated coming out of high school...However, Carwford hasn't lived up to the "rating" he had and Lofton was simply just a diamond in the rough...Crawford has size but not really all that athletic...Lofton can shoot and is very athletic...Lofton is definitely the better player by far....
I wil go with crawford, he has a inside game to go with his outside game, I think Crawford can take you off the dribble more than Lofton.
LOFTON. I would rather have Lofton then Rondo, Crawford, hell any of gaurds or SF's.
"Charlie" Wrote:Crawford was way overrated and Lofton was way underrated coming out of high school...However, Carwford hasn't lived up to the "rating" he had and Lofton was simply just a diamond in the rough...Crawford has size but not really all that athletic...Lofton can shoot and is very athletic...Lofton is definitely the better player by far....

joe crawford's not as athletic as lofton???? i disagree with that whole heartedly. i dont beleive ive ever seen lofton dunk a basketball. he is a pure shooter, not someone who will take you off the dribble and go down and dunk on you. crawford has that capability. lofton doesnt.
i would say crawford because i think he has potential for the next couple of years
lofton
[QUOTE]
joe crawford's not as athletic as lofton???? i disagree with that whole heartedly. i dont beleive ive ever seen lofton dunk a basketball. he is a pure shooter, not someone who will take you off the dribble and go down and dunk on you. crawford has that capability. lofton doesnt.

Just because he can dunk dont mean he is more athletic than Lofton...Just means he is more versatile and is taller obviously...By the way two points is two points...And what has Crawford done this year or last year???? From what I have seen it's nothing to bragg about...And for Lofton he is one of the best sophmores in the SEC and in the nation...The kid is a pure shooter and can drive on you if he wants, but why would you if you can shoot the J from outside....So i suppose you don't think JJ redick is any good because he is only a pure shooter....Please, you gotta be kidding me...Lofton is way better than Crawford and he showed it in Rupp Arena and got the W...Not to mention he will light them up again when Uk comes down to visit them in Knoxville...
"Charlie" Wrote:Just because he can dunk dont mean he is more athletic than Lofton...Just means he is more versatile and is taller obviously...By the way two points is two points...And what has Crawford done this year or last year???? From what I have seen it's nothing to bragg about...And for Lofton he is one of the best sophmores in the SEC and in the nation...The kid is a pure shooter and can drive on you if he wants, but why would you if you can shoot the J from outside....So i suppose you don't think JJ redick is any good because he is only a pure shooter....Please, you gotta be kidding me...Lofton is way better than Crawford and he showed it in Rupp Arena and got the W...Not to mention he will light them up again when Uk comes down to visit them in Knoxville...

Crawford is 10x as athletic as Lofton is...Versatility is a subset of athleticism, so you admitted that just now...Crawford is averaging double digits, and averaging many good rebounds per game...He had 19 points and 10 boards a couple of games ago...

But I can agree that Lofton is doing better than Crawford, but he's not a better athlete, and nobody could have predicted that Lofton would do what he's doing..
"Charlie" Wrote:Just because he can dunk dont mean he is more athletic than Lofton...Just means he is more versatile and is taller obviously...By the way two points is two points...And what has Crawford done this year or last year???? From what I have seen it's nothing to bragg about...And for Lofton he is one of the best sophmores in the SEC and in the nation...The kid is a pure shooter and can drive on you if he wants, but why would you if you can shoot the J from outside....So i suppose you don't think JJ redick is any good because he is only a pure shooter....Please, you gotta be kidding me...Lofton is way better than Crawford and he showed it in Rupp Arena and got the W...Not to mention he will light them up again when Uk comes down to visit them in Knoxville...

sorry, didnt mean to offend you. by the way never once did i say that lofton was not as good as joe. i said joe is more athletic and has more of an upside. lofton is not near as athletic as joe. and jj is awesome, but he is not near as athletic as joe joe either.
Lofton hands down. He will always be better than Crawford.
Lofton....easily.
Crawford is capable of scoring 20 pts a game if he tried harder ! But he will become great player in the next couple of years with Rondo and Morris and Bradley !
"corndog23" Wrote:im still takin crawford. i think he still has MUCH more of an upside. i honestly dont see lofton getting that much better then he already is at tennessee.
He doesn't have to get much better. He's clicking at 30 per game in the last two weeks.

I'll take Lofton over the overrated Crawford. I wish he had stayed in Michigan.
I think Lofton is def having a better year but lets be honest with ourselves. He would not be taking those shots in UK's sysstem so would not really be a good fit there. So in this perspective I think Joe is a better fit at UK. His potential and upside for the next couple of years is tremendous. Of course coming out of high school anyone would have taken Joe. Who wouldn't take a top 10 recruit. Lofton may be playing better right now but lets not give up on Joe and lets not forget that hindsight is 20/20.:wenumber1
"moofer" Wrote:I think Lofton is def having a better year but lets be honest with ourselves. He would not be taking those shots in UK's sysstem so would not really be a good fit there. So in this perspective I think Joe is a better fit at UK. His potential and upside for the next couple of years is tremendous. Of course coming out of high school anyone would have taken Joe. Who wouldn't take a top 10 recruit. Lofton may be playing better right now but lets not give up on Joe and lets not forget that hindsight is 20/20.:wenumber1
A voice of reason. Good post.
"Charlie" Wrote:Crawford was way overrated and Lofton was way underrated coming out of high school...However, Carwford hasn't lived up to the "rating" he had and Lofton was simply just a diamond in the rough...Crawford has size but not really all that athletic...Lofton can shoot and is very athletic...Lofton is definitely the better player by far....

Lofton is no more athletic then Crawford. He can't really defend all that well, and I feel as if Crawford is one of Uk's better defenders. I think the real question is, who would you rather have, Lofton or Bradley?
To say Lofton isn't as athletic as Crawford is crazy, Lofton was All State at football and baseketball.
I don't think anyone is saying that Lofton isn't athletic. Just not as athletic as Crawford. And on the basketball court, he is not.
Did any of you all see the UK-Tennessee game?? Enough said. Well if you didnt catch the first one, tune in the next time, so you can see Lofton eat UK up again.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:Did any of you all see the UK-Tennessee game?? Enough said. Well if you didnt catch the first one, tune in the next time, so you can see Lofton eat UK up again.

Good point.
Pages: 1 2