Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern @ Powell County 9/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell def. Madison Southern 40-36 last year in Stanton.

I hope to be in attendance to watch this one
Ill take powell county
If MS plays like they did against Wayne in the 2nd half, they will roll over Powell. MS is a sneaky team IMO. Watched the Wayne CO game, they had chances to win that after coming back from 29-7. Scary team if you ask me.
Who ya got in this one?
Madison Southern will not stop Powell's run game. Madison Southern could not stop Morgan, they won't stop Powell either. Madison Southern's passing game is not good at all but they do have a running back that has some very good speed and is a gamebreaker. He is fast! I'll take the Pirates in this one 28-21.
Pc 32-14
SlantStrong Wrote:Madison Southern will not stop Powell's run game. Madison Southern could not stop Morgan, they won't stop Powell either. Madison Southern's passing game is not good at all but they do have a running back that has some very good speed and is a gamebreaker. He is fast! I'll take the Pirates in this one 28-21.

Didnt see the MS v MC game. Also havent seen MC play, but I have a hard time believing that Morgan county is a better running team then Wayne Co. (Based off the fact WC ran thru Estill and shut that offense down.....and if I'm not mistaken MC runs the very same offense and Estill beat Morgan so.......)

In the 2nd half MS shut Wayne down and came back to make it a 29-21 game at one point. From what I saw MS had chances to take the game but talking to several of MS fans are still a young team. Give credit to Wayne Co, they held on and made plays when needed to.

No offense SS b/c like I said havent seen MC play but Id say the MS team is a little different then when they played MC earlier in the season. Dont know much about Powell either but I'm gonna take MS.
Powell County
Powell wins by 14
Powell Co. in a nail biter.
wildthang3 Wrote:Didnt see the MS v MC game. Also havent seen MC play, but I have a hard time believing that Morgan county is a better running team then Wayne Co. (Based off the fact WC ran thru Estill and shut that offense down.....and if I'm not mistaken MC runs the very same offense and Estill beat Morgan so.......)

In the 2nd half MS shut Wayne down and came back to make it a 29-21 game at one point. From what I saw MS had chances to take the game but talking to several of MS fans are still a young team. Give credit to Wayne Co, they held on and made plays when needed to.

No offense SS b/c like I said havent seen MC play but Id say the MS team is a little different then when they played MC earlier in the season. Dont know much about Powell either but I'm gonna take MS.

Wayne didn't shut Estill's run game down. Wayne just won the coin toss and scored first. Estill got down by 21 (I believe) and came back and came a hair of beating wayne. Estill had around 300 Rushing yards in that game
Strikeout King Wrote:Wayne didn't shut Estill's run game down. Wayne just won the coin toss and scored first. Estill got down by 21 (I believe) and came back and came a hair of beating wayne. Estill had around 300 Rushing yards in that game

I stand corrected. Still gonna take MS.
Powell Co. beat Pike County Central and Madison Southern compares alot to Williamsburg maybe a little better. I'm taking PC big in this game.35-14.
Powell Co. 34-21.
wildthang3 Wrote:I stand corrected. Still gonna take MS.

I do agree.
If Madison Southern comes out ready to play, then I think they will win by two touchdowns. If Powell takes the early lead then it might be a different story as it might be tough for the the MS boys to take heart and catch back up. They must have showed some grit against Wayne. I wish MS the best of luck and hope they win.
Powell Co.
Powell Co should be able to win this one without much trouble!

Powell Co. - 34

Madison Southern - 17
madison!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:madison!

:biglmao:
Didn't Powell only lose two starters from last year? On paper Powell should win, but you know how that goes. Powell also was a no show at Lewis county for the first three quarters of that game. But that's all the past now and Im really sure both teams are well equip for this game so it should be a good one. Im gunna go with Powell by 2 tds.
We lost about 3 full time starters. About 2 more that played but didn't start.