Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 54 - Shelby Valley 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pike Central had huge games from Justin Smith & Alan Boggs this week.

Shelby Valley did really well keeping the clock running, and keeping Pike Central off the field.

But Pike Central when they did have the ball just kept getting huge chunks and yardage and scores and put Valley away.
Glad to see Central rebounded from last week.
Congrats Pike Central. PC just has way too many horses for Valley to be competitive with them this year.

Good luck to both next week.
congrats to pc
Pike Central obviously had way too much for the Shelby Valley defense to try and handle!

Congrats Hawks!!
At least Shelby Valley was able to score
Glad to see PC back on track..but there is a huge gap to catch up to what Belfry has this season and these cupcake games won't close that gap very quickly.
No surprise. Nice bounce back.
Congrats PC
Congrats Hawks.

What were Boggs #s?
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Hawks.

What were Boggs #s?

Just guessing but I'd say he had well over 200 passing & close to if not over 200 rushing. He was a beast running the ball & was hard to bring down tonight. He showed his speed & cutting ability tonight. Definitely took control of the offense & looked great! Had a couple of 65+ TD passes. Seems like one might have been about 80 yards...not sure where they started from. He's definitely one of the top QB's in the area. All around great game for him for sure!
Good job Central. Really surprised that Valley did that well in keeping the Hawks offense off the field.

If Valley sticks with it, they'll be pretty good in a year or two, in my opinion. That's tough for me to say, but I call it how I see it.
Congrats Pike Central.
Hawks looks good tonight Boggs look good running the ball had to have 200 yards rushing. Justin smith had a big game rushing also. It look like Pike Central was working on the running game to me because the passing was there also. But Pike central still gave up to many yards at time. Good game Hawks way to get back on track.
Wow, just seen some pics. Valley doesn't look like Valley without their blue helmets. Just looks strange to me. Still looks decent though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Glad to see PC back on track..but there is a huge gap to catch up to what Belfry has this season and these cupcake games won't close that gap very quickly.
Apparently, belfry has some gaps to close in regards to their pass defense as the burg gouged them over and over. Defensively, teams will struggle with the pirates but they don't like shootouts.
Congrats to Pike Central for getting back to their winning ways.
Salimander Wrote:Apparently, belfry has some gaps to close in regards to their pass defense as the burg gouged them over and over. Defensively, teams will struggle with the pirates but they don't like shootouts.
Ummm. They just put up 48. If PC scores more than 48 on Belfry I will laugh the laugh of a thousand jackals.
Salimander Wrote:Apparently, belfry has some gaps to close in regards to their pass defense as the burg gouged them over and over. Defensively, teams will struggle with the pirates but they don't like shootouts.

[Image: 1615d_ORIG-NotSureIfSerious.jpg]

Belfry just beat Pburg by 3 TD on the road in a game they ran for nearly 500 yards. PC is one game removed from a loss against Powell County in which they gave up a whopping 38 points. Yet, somehow this translates to Belfry not being equipped for a shootout and Pike Central is?
congrats Hawks!!!
Congrats Hawks
Great game for the Hawks!
Boggs and his offense looked great. But Centrals Defense held Valley at 14. The D Line held up great and Shouse and Trivette r a couple of Powerhouses!
Congratulations Hawks. Every one on both sides of the ball appeared to leave the field healthy.

What's Belfry have to do with this thread?
clueless Wrote:Congratulations Hawks. Every one on both sides of the ball appeared to leave the field healthy.

Oh, you know...Pike Central is feeling the UL disease (i.e. "red-headed stepchild) and people just have to try and compare themselves to Belfry. And since they're in the same district and class, it is inevitable that people will try to make comparisons. Pike Central is a VERY good team, do not get me wrong. But they gave up 38 to Powell County while scoring 34. I've seen nothing yet that indicates they have played a defense of Belfry's caliber, so I don't foresee them putting up 38 on Belfry, although it could happen. Likewise, I do not see their defense being capable of holding up Belfry to less than 21-28 points. That being said, I'm thinking Belfry by 2 TD's.
I just didn't see the need to start comparing Belfry and Pike Central until they actually play. We have a few more games to get ready for before we start worrying about Belfry. That being said....let's talk about it then.
clueless Wrote:Congratulations Hawks. Every one on both sides of the ball appeared to leave the field healthy.

The top team in your district and region who PC has never defeated and must do so to achieve their goals has EVERYTHING to do with the outcome of your season. If Pike Central's only concern is their non-district record in the regular season then Belfry doesn't need to be mentioned.
Let's not talk about it until the time comes...

Just enjoy our recent win.
We also have Sheldon Clark, East Ridge and Lawrence County to prepare for.... Not saying anything negative about Belfry.....but there are 4 teams in the district.
So do Pike Central fans feel their 9 game schedule and their non-district slate is best preparing them for their district opponents while the others have subsequently scheduled much tougher opponents?

Do you guys feel PC should have played Boyle County when the opportunity presented itself?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So do Pike Central fans feel their 9 game schedule and their non-district slate is best preparing them for their district opponents while the others have subsequently scheduled much tougher opponents?

Do you guys feel PC should have played Boyle County when the opportunity presented itself?

I heard Boyle Co. offered Pike Central a game opportunity since both had the same open dates and only a 9 game schedule. Wasnt sure about that claim but it appears to be true. If so Pike Central could have benefited greatly from the game. It never hurts a team to step up the competition and see where their greatest deficiencies are. Would have been great preparation for the playoff run.
Pages: 1 2